Belgrade, MAINE

Most Recent Belgrade Camping Reviews
Awesome!

Been a seasonal camper for 6 years but there are many sites available, some right on the lake, for shorter stays. The owners have worked hard to make Vacationland one of the nicest campgrounds around. Crystal Lake is never crowded and perfect for boating, swimming, and fishing.

Could be the quietest place on Earth

When we pulled up to this quiet campground during a warm and sunny day in October, the light shone through the trees on an idyllic pond wreathed in fall color. With no one else around we thought, “welcome to the perfect campsite.”

Each site offers a picnic table, fire ring, and access to the pond. The pit toilet bathrooms were clean and centrally located in the campground. There is a hand driven well pump for fresh water close to the boat ramp (canoes, kayaks, rowboats only). The water was a little rusty tasting, but perfectly fine to drink.

A trail lead directly out of the campsite to another pond about a mile away offering a short round trip afternoon hike.  Further up the road, about a mile from the campground, the Mt. Albany trailhead offers a longer and more challenging hike up to the summit as well as connection to other trails in the area. Along the way we found amazing views of the surrounding mountains in all their fall glory!

The campground is only 8 miles from the town of Bethel, ME. This small hamlet offers a few restaurants, gas stations and grocery stores.

Nice and close to Boothbay Harbor

This is a nice place to visit. We had full hook ups. The sites are close together . We were camping with friends so this was bonus us. They provide a garbage can at each site. The laundry room was clean and and appears well maintained. They are close to the Railroad Museum so you can hear the train whistles during the day. We were close to the road so road noises were noticeable. The staff is very friendly. We visited on Indigenous Peoples weekend. The leaves were at their peak and the nights were crisp. We enjoyed our time very much.

Overpriced

This campground is overpriced for the location, amenities and condition of the sites. The lay of the land is sloped and they need to improve drainage of run off. The site was very wet with standing water making most of the site unusable. The post that the electrical box and water was hooked to was in standing water. The water hose coming out of the ground had a leak and was spurting out water. I was given a price and paid half at time of booking. Upon arriving at campground I was charged additional fees. When asking why I was being charged so much more than what I was originally told the explanation was I don't know. I had to push to get this info. It boiled down to that I had changed my reservation due to a conflict. At that time I was never advised of a price change so what a shock upon arrival. I pushed back I was told sorry it is what it is. I was a first time visitor to this campground and will not be returning.

Amazing spot!

This place was absolutely amazing! The campground is on the same land as an organic dairy farm! You get to be a part of the farm experience and see how a farm operates. We saw them milking the cows and feeding the other animals. There are also greenhouses and plants everywhere. A lot of the spots are right on the water, which is beautiful. There are trails to the shore along the campground. Showers and bathrooms were great!

Nice campground!

This is a huge campground with very nice wooded spots! We stayed on a Friday night and there weren’t many people. The bathrooms and showers are nice as well. The campground has a trail to the beach of the lake! Many trails are available in the park too.

Great spot to camp and bike!

Great camping here!!! Campground host was wonderful and so considerate. The sites are a little close together but some are set back. Campground was not full when we stayed. Dog friendly, toilets, SHOWERS, and the most adorable communal outdoor covered kitchen that had a sink, microwave, free library, and donation boxes with beverages, snacks and veggies. All around great place to stay. Everything was so clean and the staff was more than friendly. We will be going back for sure!

Lots and LOTS of trails surrounding the campground. Great for biking and trail running.

Nice family campground with good amenities

Pros: this was a seemingly nice family-oriented campground with lots of nice amenities - the restrooms were in decent shape, there was a dish-washing sink available, and they even do movies in the amphitheater.  The lake is also very nice as well. And even though there was an extreme lack of privacy, it was one of the quietest campgrounds I've ever been to, which surprised me a lot.

Cons: virtually no privacy between sites.

There are a handful of sites right on the beach by the lake.  If I could get one of those sites, or one a little more private than what we had, I would go again in a heartbeat.

Wonderful Gem of Turner

This is a wonderful campground. The sites are large and well kept. The grounds are in great condition. This is definitely a gem in Turner. Zach is an excellent host. I would highly recommend booking a site. "Paul Bennett"

Awesome Location on the Coast of ME

We only stayed one night here but we loved the proximity to the village of Camden and the hiking trails near our site.

Less than average

The family and I stayed at Poland Spring Campground for 8 days this August. It’s a family campground with activities for kids but make siblings share arts and crafts materials if the activities director doesn’t plan ahead. (Lots of crying from my youngest because she wanted to make one herself and showed up to the activity 15 minutes early, yet, got her materials yanked out of her hands when another child showed up 15 minutes late). Very strict 4 adult, 4 child per site rule so forget about having even paying visitors. Quiet time is 11 (even talking!) they will force you to go to sleep by 11 if you’re not COMPLETELY silent! Practically destroyed my camper getting in and out of the campground thanks to the way they tell you to get to your site (unnecessarily making me loop through the whole damn place instead of taking the straight shot in) Trees and roots everywhere making it impossible to take turns and forget about kids on bikes! I cleaned so many wounds during our stay from my kids falling off their bikes thanks to the landscape. Really weird dirt there also, it’s like a clay of some sort and caked to the bottom of your shoes and made a mess all through the camper no matter what I did. A couple of us went barefoot a lot and they are still treating a weird rash that developed on the bottom of their feet. We will not be going back. The only reason I gave them a star at all is because of Riley in the front office. Long walk to the “beach” no matter which campsite you book. No place to lay out so leave your beach chair at home. Bathroom on my side of the campground was disgusting! So many bugs and spiders and the clay dirt was all over the floors even right after they cleaned.

Great views, smallish sites

The water views are great from the Oceanside sites. There is plenty of thugs to do in the area.  July is VERY buggy! The staff are very friendly and accommodating.  Would definitely go again.

Small and Quiet

We stayed here 8/24-8/26/2019 Nice small campground with the lake and lake side camping available No WiFi or cable hook up and sewer hooks are limited but we liked it

Excellent place with lots of special details

I will say that my preferred camp site is one that is heavily wooded, where I can hardly see my neighbors and where I have some view of something impressively beautiful. I have a small camper and two young kids so on long camp trips I appreciate a place with RV hook-ups. This place may not offer a heavily wooded area where I can't see my neighbors but it makes up for it for everything else it offers. It's right on the ocean, it has gardens and secret nooks where you can sit and make a fire. It has a beautiful art studio. It has a play room and play ground that kept my children entertained for hours so I could read. The other campers were so pleasant that I had no issues with being close to them. I had the lobster dinner they offered and it was excellent. I will come back again.

Beautiful location

This campground has a gorgeous view of the lake. A great place to fish for bass and yellow perch. The campground was very rustic and quiet. Bathroom electrical outlet did not work. The Owner was extremely pleasant and helpful. A lot of water activities available for families. A very nice place to go to relax.

Fantastic family camping!

We had so much fun at this campground. So many many things to do for kids. The swimming pool was awesome as well as the water slides. The fireworks on July 4th could match Disney World! Wonderful place to camp!

Family Fun!

Beaver Brook in Monmouth Maine is a must stay if you have kids from babies to teens. Our family has been going annually for the last five years. We meet up with a couple Moms and their children who we don’t get to see too often and make it a “girls and kids” trip and have a blast making memories and gives us moms a well deserved break. This year we opted for a small group site with a centrally located fire pit and spent our days in the lake, pool, or just hanging out while our kids (ranging from 8-12) rode their bikes, made friends at the playground or participated in the activities that the camp had to offer. Sites are all big with plenty of room between the sites for the perfect amount of privacy. Hook ups for water/electric/sewer but also tons of tent sites too. Staff is friendly and helpful, kids loved the big red and blue slides at the pool, restaurant, ice cream and store all in the same area.

For parents; live entertainment with local bands on Saturday nights, an adult only swim nightly. (Playground is close enough to the pool to actually enjoy this while listening to my kids play), candy bar bingo (where you can play bingo WITH your kids and was quite fun) and just a nice atmosphere all around between all the other families there.

Will definitely be back next year!

Nice park, but camping is an after thought...

The campground is right at Thomas Point Beach which was fantastic!  However, the sites were only average, no water hook ups, and the electric hook up required a 50 ft. extension cord to reach a pole.

Since it was not too crowded, we were able to find a site that gave us some room, but many sites were right on top of each other.  The bathrooms were less than average in upkeep and cleanliness.

We put our kayaks into the water right at the beach and had a nice float in the bay.  The campground is close to Topsham and Brunswick, which is where we needed to be for the weekend.

I would not recommend this campground as a destination by itself.

All My Children

We camped at Lone Mountain Riverfront Campground with all our children and grandchildren and with our camping buddies and all their children and grandchildren. I believe there were 30 of us. The day before our trip Corrie ( the owner) called to offer to switch us to the water and electric sites because of the impending hot weather. We are so grateful because it was HOT and the bugs were bad in the field (late spring). We had the best time! Our families had started camping together 30 years ago, when our kids were little. The owners let us all stay together and our grandkids had fun riding bikes and playing in the river. Campfires at night and stargazing. The bathrooms are clean and beautiful. The river is pristine and safe for little ones. Tom and Corrie did everything g to make our stay memorable and comfortable. This our new FAVORiTE campground. It’s a new start up and the sites spacious and mostly grassy. There are water and electric $39. A night and there are sites along the river and under trees with no hook ups. There is also a fully equipped tent with bunk beds on site in a field. Beautiful location with beautiful people. Come check it out, but save a site for me!

So close you can hear the river at night

We stayed late July for 3 nights during the week. Our site was right next to the river and was fantastic. Ellis pond and Webb lake were close and great to take to canoe out. Worth the trip up to rangeley roughly 40 miles from the camp. Overall great stay.

Small but nice camp.

Lovely staff and campground . Sites are wide and long enough . Great Wifi and they use satellite TV, you need their converter but you get your deposit back when you turn it in. It is very close to the highway so there there is some traffic noise but not bad. Tents are in a different area.

We LOVE this campground!!!

My husband, two dogs and I came to Lone Mountain (with 6 other families) and had a wonderful time! Tom and Corie are absolutely amazing. The campground is fantastic. The bathhouse is clean and beautiful. The beach is so awesome, Great for small kids and adults alike.  There are so many options for campsites (power, no power, field, woods, even a Tentrr (?) to rent?) there are a couple of stores nearby if you forgot essentials. (And the stores were pretty great too) We can’t wait for our next trip!!!!

Casey and Nathaniel Alves (and Ria and Ella 🐾)

Best we have found!

This place is not your typical campground much more special.

We are full time RV’rs and have stayed at lots of campgrounds but this place holds a special place in our hearts. The people working are the perfect compliment to a beautiful location. We have stayed a number of times and it is like seeing old friends when we return.

Nice hiking trails around the property that out dog just loves. Often there are artists and musicians at events or giving some kind of lessons. If your looking for a place to stay that is not like a national chain, you have found it! Enjoy!

Fantastic campground

The staff is amazing and very hardworking. Family run campground, we stayed during the 4th of July weekend and they put on a firework display for the campground. It was above and beyond and fun for everybody. It is located close to the coast and Pemaquid Point Light house is right down the road. We rode our bikes to the beach and grocery store everyday. While the sites aren’t that private each site gives enough space for each camper to make it their own. The showers are clean and hot, bathrooms are clean and they actually provide soft toilet paper. It has everything you need if want to be away from a city. Peace and tranquility, but close enough to attractions and restaurants.

Beautiful campground by the ocean

The state park is backed up against Mt Megunticook with fabulous hiking and also frontage on The Penobscot Bay. You get the best of both. The park is very clean, sites are not very level so plan on adjusting things. Two large bath houses with hot showers and flush toilets. We liked it so much after our first visit that we have been campground hosts here for 4 years.

Great camping!

We have camped at Papoose Pond every year for the last three years. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Lots of activities and fun things to do. You definitely get your money’s worth with Papoose Pond Camping!

Great campground

Lots of nice spacious wooded sites. Located on 2 sides of a road, the side opposite the lake was much nicer and more spacious. Sites around the lake very crowded together. Sites across road much more spacious. Pool on that side too. Lots of activities for the kids too. Highly recommend and will definitely go back!

Best Family Vacation

We’ve been camping as a large group here every year for 12 years. Perfect spot to relax and get away from everything. Great amount of amenities and privacy.

Wonderful Staff

The staff is very nice and helpful. The sites are level but the campground is in a hill. There is lots of room for kids to play.