The best BOAT IN camping near
Melder , LOUISIANA

Most Recent Melder Camping Reviews
Beautiful and clean

Very clean and well maintained park. Very friendly park employees.

Nice park

The only park on caney lake. Good lake for fishing and water sports, many sites you can park your boat very close.

Absolutely beautiful

Gorgeous lake, so quiet and peaceful. Campsites are well marked, paved roads and sites. Lots of pull thrus with views of the lake. We were only going to stay a night but made it two instead, wished we could have stayed longer! Great trails and fishing. Would definitely come back!

Has everything I need including privacy

I was looking for a Louisiana location for an extended stay, I wanted to find a riverside, quiet location with large sites. A place where there was room for my travel trailer, boat, and truck. I found that and much more at Jones' Riverside Marina & RV Park.

It is in the country but not that far from the charming city of Natchitoches. The staff members are always friendly and helpful. There is a well-stocked store along with a carry-out restaurant (sit down part is closed due to covid-19). They have a free boat ramp and docks (very handy for me). The fishing is always good from the bank or a boat. My travel trailer is small but this facility is big rig friendly. I like the laid-back atmosphere and southern hospitality that is present here. This is not a huge, fancy, "resort", but those are not for me. I don't care for the crowds, noise, price, and many restrictions of those places. This RV Park emulates the real Louisiana!

Nice pkace

Bathrooms not the greatest, restaurants are good. Service was bad one night and great the other due to a specific bartender/server. Hot tub is small and pool is shaded a lot of the day. Would stay again.

Great RV resort with easy access to NOLA

We enjoyed our recent stay here. Pull-thru sites were gravel and fairly level yet pretty close to one another. We enjoyed watching all the private airplanes flying over into a nearby airport and were thankful they weren't loud overnight. The road was recently paved just outside the park but nearby the roads were terrible. On-site restaurant was very good and our kids enjoyed the small playground and pool. We loved walking along the marina in the resort with the cute cabins and large boats docked. One sells fresh shrimp each morning we learned.

Because of Covid, there was no shuttle to downtown but the drive in is pretty easy. Must get beignets at Cafe du Monde! We also enjoyed visiting Jean Lafitte National Park and Preserve, Storyland in City Park and great food all around.

Peaceful bliss

Have camped here primitively on a quiet small peninsular and loved it, stayed away from the beaches but they look clean and well kept. Super friendly staff, nice tent site, cleared and well away from gen pop.. loved it and can’t wait to get my roof top tent to enjoy it further as a close to home getaway !!

Pretty US Forest Service campground

I came here with a hiking club. It’s very popular with lots of different outdoors people. Hikers, backpackers, mountain bikers, fishermen and fisherwomen, families and all sorts of weekend warriors and day trippers were enjoying this place. It was hit by a tornado last year but is recovering. It has a lakeside beach, hiking/mountain biking trail and also connects with the Azalea Trail (popular with backpackers). It has a boat launch area with vault toilets. The campground has flush toilets and hot showers. Campsites have electric and water hookups. There’s a dump station nearby for overnight guests.

Nice place and helpful people

Clean and great sites

Would have given a 5 but...

Perfect for families! Many trails for hiking and places to bike. Also fishing galore! The site we had was #12 , beautiful the first day, then the rain came! Our picnic table was under water! Amenities include a playground, basketball court, bath house (which wasn't open due to the Covid virus), water and electricity. 2 dump stations.