Laplace, LOUISIANA

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Laplace Camping Reviews
Cool swampy place

I stayed on a solo trip overnight on the way to somewhere else, the loop of tent sites were all wet except one (wish I remembered sorry) it was super loud at night with swamp things. Rangers were super nice! Biked around a bit and went on all the walking trails, I’d suggest having shoes that can get trashed. It was quite muddy!

Cool place

Seems like a great place for summer with a splash pad and beach available. I’m sure the mosquitoes would be horrendous though. Great place to bike around. Beautiful oak trees, historical site, very helpful park rangers. I arrived late with my daughter and we thoroughly enjoyed our short overnight stay.

Good value

Very nice campground. Staff is always friendly. Good amenities. Very easy to park and a staff member always helps you park. Grocery store is about a mile away. Pool is open during summer and they added a covered playground for kids. I mean covered with a very large steel structure. The playground is covered with rubber mulch. We've been coming for years and we'll be back.

Good value

Never Again

Dumpy place where people live in old units. Doesn't feel safe.

Friendly People and Great Location

We really have enjoyed our stay here. My husband has fished in the back pond nearly every day and has always been successful. There's a library literally across the street from the campground and a Dollar General a quarter mile down the road. There's several activities, a hot tub and indoor swimming pool. The laundry facilities are reasonably priced and actually work, unlike some campgrounds we've been to. The staff is very knowledgeable of the area, as well, and directed us to Wilson's Kountry Korner, the best little cajun kitchen we've eaten at.

Better than I Expected!

Nice park! Who would have thunk it, in the middle of New Orleans. A convenient walk to the French Quarter. Very safe and secure. A nice little green park next door for the doggies. Very clean with curbside trash pick-up. A pool and a hot tub (though we weren't there at a warm enough time to use them). Great stay! Oh, our GPS took us on a round about so ask them how best to get there when you book.  I-10 is across the street and a bit loud during the daytime, but less so at night.

Unfriendly staff in office on several occasions

Campground conveniently located right off the highway. Arrived to very wet sites, free internet was very poor ( even when most campers checked out) laundry door is locked by 6 pm, office staff not friendly & not helpful. The water was soft & had a strange taste when used for ice tea & coffee.

Lake Side Large park

This is a busy weekend park within 2 miles of Morgan City, LA. It sits on the edge of a large freshwater lake and has great views. Many sites appear to be Big Rig Friendly. There are various sections of park to choose from. Easy access to park and paved roads inside park. Includes bathhouses, office area, beach and nice boat ramp with dock space. Not sure of a charge for ramp or docks. The East side of the park is wide open and very easy to access with today’s mega rigs and 5th wheels. A large dog park is walking distance and right along the lakeshore.

This is not Indian Creek Recreation Area, Please don't mistake the two.

The pictures on the banner are from Indian Creek Recreation Area. not Indian Creek Campground and RV Park