Bucyrus , KANSAS

Most Recent Bucyrus Camping Reviews
Great campground

Camped at all loops, great sites!

Great little park

We stayed here for 2 weeks between houses and was great!

montrose conservation area missouri

this little off the beaten path camp ground his paved roads, boat access for 2 areas 1 near the damn which closes a gate after 10pm, we use the other area near the conservation station(although ive never seen anyone there) park rangers are mostly non existent , they do drive through, they are quite nice an most the time never stop just smile an wave, there some fire spots but be kind an put up rocks that you can find along the shore, there is bathroom facilities and a dumpster behind the conservation building.

the area is surrounded by trees but the area is clean, nice soft grass, there are pecan an walnut trees so watch out for your heads when its fall lol . you can fish, boat and swim but i recommend  water shoes. the water is very shallow most the time its only chest deep out in the middle. there is loads of wildlife to see an arent much scared of humans, racoons,beavers, crane, squirrels,dear,owls an much more. theres also blackberries in the fall.

all in all a very nice quiet little free camp area. we go all the time.

Great place to camp!

This was the second campground I visited with my new camper. It was easy to get to, beautiful overlooking the lake, and was clean. The hiking trails were overgrown and no longer accessible.

Quiet and Peaceful

Small private lake community. Access to several lakes for boating swimming and fishing. Also has a golf course and swimming pool. Come in the fall when the trees are beautiful.

Rude Ranger at Gate and dump station disgusting

The campsite was okay. It was a busy weekend and we were not in a preferred spot, but it was wooded. The ranger at the gate was horrid. He was rude, yelled at each person coming through. He was especially annoyed at me for wearing a mask. He wasn’t and was within 3 feet. Lawrence is a college town with high rates of covid across the campus. He is talking one on one with these kids several times a day! He seriously grabbed my phone out of my hand when I asked him not to. The dump station has pooling sewer water and the water was not working. The park lacks maintenance, and it could be cut backs due to covid. Clinton lake it nice, but beware if heading out for camping.

Awesome

Loved our weekend here at this campsite. Like another review said, there are no check in/check out process- check in times are late 5PM and check out is 6PM. Our site was spacious and not too close to our neighbors. It had a few trees perfect for our hammocks and provided ample shade. The firepit had an attached grill but it was too dirty for us to use. There was also a large hook to hang lanterns/garbage. You can find little playgrounds through the campsite. We did see A few rangers patrolling in the late evening.

The bathrooms were a short walk away and were not the cleanest I’ve seen but clean. Shower pressure varies with each stall and does have hot water. There is no hand soap in the restrooms but hand-dryers. dumpsters are a close walk by.

We drove to the loading dock to catch a sweet sunrise - also stopped by the beach but it was too dirty for our liking us to swim.

It was mostly family RV camping, but a quiet weekend overall. The only complaint I have is that there are lots of bugs/spiders. Overall, i would definitely come back again and hopefully snag a site by the waters.

Great for an overnight stop!

My husband and I pulled into this campground around 7 pm and didn’t have a reservation. The instructions at the self pay were confusing, as the directions made it sound like you needed a reservation but when we talked to the campground host she said we could just pay at the permit office in the morning. We stayed in Campground 1 in one of the primitive sites. There were many sites to choose from even through there were quite a few campers here during the middle of the week. It was a bit of a hike to the water but the bathrooms were clean and had single room toilets with showers. Beautiful area with lots of wildlife!

Middle of town Getaway

The original plan was to be in Blue Springs for an outdoor off-road RC event, camping in our pup with a generator at the track. Cue pouring down rain for a week and the event is postponed, with notification out midday on Thursday. I had been eyeing this campground as a possibility for the area, and I'm so glad we decided to pull the trigger and camp anyway! We had a great pick of sites online, were able to book Thursday night and head out Friday early afternoon from central Iowa. It poured down rain for the whole trip, but you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at our site. The staff was super friendly, as well as other campers nearby. We chose a spot near (but not too near) the restroom on an outside loop (site 50). Pros: Facilities are kept very clean, staff is friendly, gated grounds, sites have great drainage, other campers were very quiet, Fleming Park has a lot to do and see, including a native hoofed animal enclosure.
Cons: You may only use campground firewood (BUT, we got 3 buckets of really great wood that lasted Friday and Saturday night), the previous tenants of our site left a bunch of trash behind (nothing against the campground, but irritates me in general), the highway can definitely be heard, but wasn't overly distracting, the floor drainage in the shower house (men and women) was variable dependent on which stall you chose. Most certainly would stay again!

City Camping

If you’re wanting to camp where you are close to city amenities, this is the spot for you. My husband, our dog and I camped in one of the tent spots, but there were mostly RV’s around us. The bathrooms and laundry area were relatively clean and the camp hosts were very friendly and helpful. You can’t see the lake from the campground, and there was some road noise from morning commuters but overall it’s a nice stop for a night or two. We felt very safe here since they require an access code to get into the gate.