Batesville, INDIANA

Most Recent Batesville Camping Reviews
Blue Bike Trail, Mud Luck Trail

My husband and I went on the Blue biking trail and mud lick trail on separate visits. The biking trail was very open for walkers still! It went through types of scenery and was extremely peaceful. The Mud Lick trail was a little overgrown and the trail was a little harder to find but we still though it was spectacular. The views of the lake were so beautiful!

Quiet friendly

Nice place to stay. We had booked a site for a weekend but when we got there we were informed that the site was double booked and the woman we talked to worked a miracle and got us a site. I'd defiantly go back. All sites had full hookups, very clean bathrooms and shower rooms.

Camp tent

Just explore this place last weekend on non electric site, this park is amazing for mountain biking trail to go with water sport at lake . The camp site was ok . Don’t expect flush or shower at non electric site . I don’t mind as our purpose to find a camp site gave us most privacy and shade just for weekend

One of my favorites since childhood.

I have been going here since I was a kid and very little has changed since. That is one of the great things about it. It's a great place to camp with a tent, t.v. or you could rent a cabin. They also have a quarry you can swim or paddle boat in. It has a slide and a trampoline.  No lifeguard on duty, so be careful. Flat rock river runs by a lot of the camp sites. Makes for a beautiful scenery, good fishing and/or float on it in your kayak or on a raft. Fun for all ages!

Welcome Back to Hueston Woods

This was my second visit to the park. Some things have changed:) The park was very busy over the holiday weekend.  The movies were a highlight and the Friends of Hueston Woods had some tasty snacks you could purchase.

We opted not to swim at the beach but it is quite lovely. It wasn't over run with Geese.  You have a sandy area, grassy area, volley ball area, and playground. It is one of the better beaches for Ohio State Parks in the southern part of the state.  We bought a day pass to the pool at the lodge. This was a wonderful evening swimming late into the evening past sun set.

In 2020, some of the campsites are being improved (see sign below). We camped on the RV side in our tent. This area is more populated and the bathrooms are better. It is more "groomed" the grass and landscape.  If you go to the primitive campsite side the grass is mowed but it has a more rustic feel to that side of the camp ground.

The red covered bridge that is near by you can either drive to or walk to from the primitive side of the camp ground. The bridge is still beautiful but be prepared that folks have taken to writing on the bridge. Some of it is chalk or mud but it doesn't follow LNT. Not a fan of names or other tidbits on the bridge.

The nature center here does a great program as we were able to look at various birds of prey. This was a highlight.

We thought about renting kayaks but didn't want to wait. They don't do specific time slots so it is a wait around approach. We had better things to do than wait around. We went out on the trails. Some of the trails were better marked and others were not clearly marked.  We were able to figure it out but it was a bit tricky.

**Photos and videos are not uploading fully so I will be back to upload more at a later time.

Beauty abound

This is a good campground. A loop is pretty open without a lot of shade. B & C have lots of shade but the sites are either not very level or not very big. Clean bathrooms with push button showers. We went on one of the easy trails. Be aware this area is very rocky so easy is relate to the surroundings.

Ranger Review: Grubstick Deluxe Kit Big Bone Lick

What a great camping experience! A little bit of everything. Large blacktop campsite with plenty of grassy area. We stayed in site 057 which was a little more secluded then the others. What impressed me most is how quite it was. Even with all the kids there ( it was the kids Mecca). Great pool, mini golf and great playground. Lots of hiking trails. We took a small hike to see the buffalo that live there. Nice museum on site that features a prehistoric Skelton of giant sloth. Small lake and plenty of wild life. Great shower house and bathrooms. This place is a 10! Be sure to visit Noah’s Arc which is only about 20 minutes away!

PRODUCT REVIEW : as a ranger with the Dyrt I get the opportunity to try and review products. I am reviewing the Grubstick. I absolutely loved them. They were light and compact and a lot of fun. We loved cooking over the open fire. They came in a great carry case. We tested each instrument with various foods. The round cage we made a hamburger and it cooked to perfection. We also made garlic bread, hot dogs and strawberry Twinkie shortcake. Of corse the normal s’mores. Easy to add or remove different tools cleanup was a breeze. Will make these a standard on every camping trip! https://grubstick.com

FUN FUN FUN

We absolutely love it there we take our grandchildren .So family friendly ,lots to do

everyone is awesome .If you like it more laid back there are more sites down by the river

Very clean and well kept!

This is an amazing place! Super friendly and helpful staff. AAA+++

Clean, fun and family friendly

Wide pull through spots with fire pits, picnic tables and plenty of grass. Tons to do with the kids, organized activities are well done. Staff stays on top of everything and is super helpful. You can rent pedal bikes, pedal boats, store is well stocked.

Friendly staff

We stayed at the state park last week and really enjoyed our time there. The pool was nice and the kids really enjoyed it. We had a nice time exploring the park to see the buffalo. I recommend attending one of their hikes to hear the history of the park. We loved it there and hope to go back.

Small, Comfortable Campground

Very nice campground with somewhat secluded areas for rent campers. There is a pool and small play area for kids, nice restroom area, and friendly staff.

Peaceful

Beautiful, nice beach, peaceful sites

Amazing

Beautiful lake, great sites, friendly camp Hosts. Our electric box on our site blew a fuse and the camp host immediately came over to change it and replaced the plug as well!

Very well maintained and seemingly popular campground

This campground was packed with people, and yet all were respectful, good neighbours. We were nice and near the bathhouse (purposely, as we were here with young kids), but still not far from the playground (our younger boys' favourite part of coming!). Very well maintained, with a well-stocked shop. The well-stocked shop was especially important…the park is so well-used, that there wasn't a shred of wood to use as kindling or tinder. Some pinecones and pineneedles, but that's it. Thankfully, the shop was stocked with at least 4 different kinds of firestarters, so all are able to get their fires going. Easy check-in procedure, and easy checkout too. If I didn't have my "Cowboy Coffee" Percolator, a highlight for me would have been that the office/shop also carries coffee - both beans and brewed!

All in all, a great time by all!

Great, small campground and family friendly

This campground is on top of a hill close to the Ohio river. Nice paved sites (not level, but most are not anyway). Water hookup is far away, but we don’t usually hook it up to our pop up. Large sites, and ours has a nice large maple that gave us shade (38). Nice little pool. Bath house was ok, mostly clean. One shower was shut down, so only two working in men’s. Putt Putt was nice, but old and cost 3.50 for adult, 2.50 for kids. Little much honesty. Museum, Bison, two other playgrounds and Ball courts can be found down the hill. Some nice hiking trails as well. Do you self a favor and check our Rabbit Hash general store while in the area. Would come back again.

Nice Park

Spent the Week at BBL. Very nice park with nice hiking trails, hosts where wonderful and no Bugs! They must do an awesome job of spraying because we had no bugs for one week. Downside is absolutely no cell service for me or my wife. Took advantage of the cell free life! Great place!

Love it !!

Not only a great campground, but great owners as well !!

Truly a hidden paradise

Have been going to this campground all my life. I have never had a bad trip to this wonderful place

This was the first time I’ve stayed in a campground that was split with Thousand Trails. The sites for KOA had mature trees and were of decent size. We reserved a back-in full hook up site and stayed for two days. Our site was level but not all sites were level as I watched my neighbor pull in. The campground had a very nice pool which was very clean and they have a private swimming beach which was also very clean and well maintained. The Thousand trails property was easily 6-7 times larger than the KOA portion of the park. All amenities are shared and it appears that at least one bathroom was being updated. The others look to need some repair and are dated but clean. Campground was very quiet at night with no rowdy or loud campers during our stay. I would stay again.

Nice,clean campgrounds.

Very nice campground and park. Well set up. Easy to get around.Clean restrooms and showers.  Nice lake to kayak on. Beautiful covered bridge. Town is not far away if you need groceries.

Little cramped but ideal.

Facilities and staff were amazing for us. Sites are certainly cramped together so best choose wisely if you don’t want to be invited to dinner by your neighbors. Location is nice with kayaking, hiking, fishing, biking and relaxing all very close by. The beach was very popular with the camp ground crowd. We had a great time and would be happy to come back.

Nice, convenient

Convenient location. Clean restrooms & showers. Had a shady spot for our overnight tent stay. Quiet. Friendly staff.

Nostalgic!

I grew up going to Hardy Lake so it will always have a place in my heart. There is plenty to do with a beach, boat ramps, and many hiking trails. They offer activities on the weekends, especially for kids. I am giving this 4 stars because the bathrooms needs a serious deep clean. The sites are spacious with many different types available. I will stay here again, and enjoyed it.

Outstanding Views

Great place to camp if you like being next to water, amazing views, fast boats, and good food. Key West Shrimp House is a landmark restaurant with great food. So convenient when you are joining in on all the fun of the Regatta boat races, bands, and fireworks. Just a nice walk to all the many things to do. Really enjoyed the city of Madison, IN with a small town atmosphere.

Adventures At Clifty Falls

To take a break and unwind from your everyday work life / family drama, walking the trails of Clifty Falls is really a way to clear your head. We saw two groups of people walking the trails. They are absolutely the most friendliest people. If you want to engage in a conversation, you can, or I’m sure people will notice if you wanna just do your thing in nature.

I would recommend going, absolutely! It’s an experience you can’t take back.

Oh and I would tell you about the actually Trail to the Falls, but you’ll just have to see it for yourself. I can’t tell you what’s going to happen at the end of the movie, haha!!

Pretty Cliffty

The trails is this park are long, but lead you through some of the most amazing sites to see. The shorter trails are pretty simple and loop you around to where you began. I would suggest that if you have kids, that they enjoy hiking. The camping was pretty nice. The shaded areas are worth it considering that many of the sites are in the open and get more than plenty of direct sun. The showers and bathrooms in the powered section are ok, nothing pretty to look at. The showers i. The non-powered campsites are amazing! They are well ventilated and have plenty of sinks and shower stalls. It’s a short trip to the front checking office for wood and ice, and a great place for your little bike riders while you sit back and relax. Most everything is a short drive to and from. The pool in the park is pretty nice with a slide and diving boards, but does cost to enter. The power sites are pretty big and are spread out pretty well. Overall it is a place we plan to revisit in the future.

Great time

Incredibly nice family who maintain a nice campground. Have attached some of the events there and just had a blast.

Awesome campground hidden away

We went to White Rock on a tip from a family member who had seen videos about it. When we arrived we found it more than lived up to our expectations. It was reasonably priced, beautiful water, and some amazing jumps for kids of all ages. After a day full of platform jumps, rope swings, and zip lines we picked a campsite down by the Flat Rock river. We had a beautiful shady riverbank site where the kids could splash and float in the river while we cooked dinner. All in all we had a wonderful time in a beautiful hidden gem of a spot we never would have found just driving around.