The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Elk River , IDAHO

Camping Idaho Elk River Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Elk River Camping Reviews
Great for day use

I came here to hang out during a logging sports event and I really enjoyed the doc area where I sat with my feet in the water. We did not swim (except my dog), but we enjoyed the landscape and the lush green grass they were growing.

I do want to camp in this park but we were camping at another location with the logger sports team.

A very nice area

This spot is killer! A tad pricey but it’s really oriented towards RV camping so it’s not that surprising.

BBQ, Firepit, Benches, and Space!

Not a formal RV site but has space to fully set up with anything you have.

This is not a free spot, and closes earlier in the fall season.

It costs extra for extra spaces. Dirt roads leading up to the sites.

We managed to find a lot of blackberries. There’s no trash areas so you need to pack out everything you pack in which always disappoints me when I’m paying fees.

Standard camp site.

These sites have all the usual things I have come to associate with an average campground: Fire pits Benches

When I went, we made a reservation before hand. I recommend doing this as it seemed there were reservation tags on most sites.

I was able to get some views of the water and did some light exploring. There was areas with cover for shade.

My site had some wood near the fire but it was unclear if it was left by the previous campers or if it was provided.

Great area for cloud watching and stargazing, but sunset was my fav price part of this location:

I really like they Heyburn State Park area in general. There are other campgrounds nearby not listed on this app which are also nice. If you just go to this area you will find many tranquil moments between walking trails, docks, or just sitting by the campfire.

Clean and private!

The restrooms here are some of the cleanest of the campgrounds in the area.

This camp site is not open year round but I’m not exactly sure when it closes. I came here to do some late fall camping and it was closed.

But I have been here on two other occasions, as it’s close by and often is not full. There is a place to pump water which makes packing in a bit less work. I still filter the water because you never know.

It’s not gravel, but paved areas so walking barefoot was comfy minus the occasional rock.

With wildlife right on your doorstep and Deary just a stones throw away, you won’t regret staying in this area.

I always go to The Pie Safe when I visit one of the three campsites in this region. You should too! It’s amazing.

Not much shade.

I stayed here for one night and there was not much shade.

Like many RV parks there is a park, and tables outside.

There are train tracks very very close, but it was not disruptive surprisingly for the time we were there.

Well developed for non-wilderness campers.

This site has it all if you are an occasional camper.

There’s lots of on site activities, and the property is well maintained.

The restrooms make it feel like your not even camping!

If your looking to see a lot of wildlife, this is not your spot.

I took my friend from India here as an introduction to camping as camping is not a hobby where she was from.

Great place for day use. Camping is Meh.

The tent sites are very close together and are right near to a road.

The RV sites are decent with a bbq and a bench. There are spots to have a bonfire, but it won’t be on your site if you have a RV.

There’s a cute bridge that separates the RV camping from the tent camping with various day use areas. There is a park that’s across the field from the RV cites with a playground and bonfire spot.

Allows Tents on RV sites (Don’t Recommend)

This park is very attractive. It appears to be well maintained and cleaned.

BUT… Do not tent camp here. I will admit I was hoping to hammock camp (I bring a tent too in case), and it was clear it would not be a camping environment.

And, if you are an RV camper, there’s no spot to really hang outside. There’s no fire pits or tables on the sites.

Pricey but had a friendly enviroment.

I’ve been in search of local winter camping spots. I’ve never paid so much for a tent site in my entire life. It’s important to note that even though it says it’s an RV Park there are tent spots offered here.

I think the price is high just because it’s in touristy location.

There were enough trees to set up our hammocks!

The biggest thing I disliked about this site is that the 30 dollars they charges us was not enough. They will charge an additional 3 dollars per head and 5 dollars for an additional car.

If you go in a group like we did, that really adds up. 🥵

There was a playground on site but other than that it’s nothing special.

The park manager was very social. I don’t mind but if you want privacy you may want to stay at a different location. My partner likes the privacy camping brings. We will never return, but if you have safety concerns with children, I can see this as being a bonus.