The best DRIVE IN camping near
Elk River , IDAHO

Most Recent Elk River Camping Reviews
Great for RVs and Day use

I visited but did not stay here because I could not hang my hammock at the sites.

Overall I found the area to be nice, especially the day use areas. I would plan a bbq here in the future and plan to return if they are still open when I’m done with my backpacking years. It looked very accommodating for people who don’t get around so well.

Great dispersed camping areas

My favorite price for a camp site is free. After buying all my camping gear (including winter gear) I have preferred to get out and rough it.

There’s a doc on a small pond that’s great for fishing or drinking a few in some camping chairs.

This place is open in the winter. I want to come back and have my try at ice fishing but I’m waiting to buy a nice pair of snow shoes to be able to get in during mid-winter.

Not surrounded by the city dwellers.

This is a bit from Orofino but it’s far enough away to where you really feel like your out there in nature.

We come to this area every summer around the time of logging sport competitions, and we opted to stay here after a few years of staying closer to town with a not so great camping experience.

They had fire circles, and restrooms as well as tables. There’s a nice little creek nearby which really makes this spot a cute and comfy area for a campground.

Great for day use

I came here to hang out during a logging sports event and I really enjoyed the doc area where I sat with my feet in the water. We did not swim (except my dog), but we enjoyed the landscape and the lush green grass they were growing.

I do want to camp in this park but we were camping at another location with the logger sports team.

A very nice area

This spot is killer! A tad pricey but it’s really oriented towards RV camping so it’s not that surprising.

BBQ, Firepit, Benches, and Space!

Not a formal RV site but has space to fully set up with anything you have.

This is not a free spot, and closes earlier in the fall season.

It costs extra for extra spaces. Dirt roads leading up to the sites.

We managed to find a lot of blackberries. There’s no trash areas so you need to pack out everything you pack in which always disappoints me when I’m paying fees.

Standard camp site.

These sites have all the usual things I have come to associate with an average campground: Fire pits Benches

When I went, we made a reservation before hand. I recommend doing this as it seemed there were reservation tags on most sites.

I was able to get some views of the water and did some light exploring. There was areas with cover for shade.

My site had some wood near the fire but it was unclear if it was left by the previous campers or if it was provided.

Great area for cloud watching and stargazing, but sunset was my fav price part of this location:

I really like they Heyburn State Park area in general. There are other campgrounds nearby not listed on this app which are also nice. If you just go to this area you will find many tranquil moments between walking trails, docks, or just sitting by the campfire.

Perfect for hammock!

I really like this campground for hammock camping. I had no trouble finding just the right spot to set up my gear.

This area is not open for winter camping. I have found few that are though.

I found a really nice hiking trail near the campsite and spent most of the day exploring the surrounding areas.

Our site did have a fire ring and a bench with dirt and moss cover.

I have been meaning to come back here but it’s hard for me to explore the same place twice.

Clean and private!

The restrooms here are some of the cleanest of the campgrounds in the area.

This camp site is not open year round but I’m not exactly sure when it closes. I came here to do some late fall camping and it was closed.

But I have been here on two other occasions, as it’s close by and often is not full. There is a place to pump water which makes packing in a bit less work. I still filter the water because you never know.

It’s not gravel, but paved areas so walking barefoot was comfy minus the occasional rock.

With wildlife right on your doorstep and Deary just a stones throw away, you won’t regret staying in this area.

I always go to The Pie Safe when I visit one of the three campsites in this region. You should too! It’s amazing.

Only worth it if your in town for an event.

Overall this RV site is simply a place to park you stuff.

There is a nice playground and it’s walking distance from Safeway.

If your here to see a game or experience a local event, then it will suit your needs.

The RV sites are very close together but they do come with electric hookups and water on each site. Depending what site you have, if you are towing a trailer you may have to drop it off and park at another location.

If it is your first time staying here, I highly recommend getting breakfast at the breakfast club.