The best WALK IN camping near
Sleepy Hollow , GEORGIA

Most Recent Sleepy Hollow Camping Reviews
One night stop only

It gets 2 stars because the staff was nice but the park looks run down. Every site needed mowing (no rain so no excuse) and the site next to us was blocked off because of a water leak for quite some time, algae growing on the water. Trees need to be trimmed. It is easy on easy off of 75. ‘45 MH

Fantastic views

Be back to review

Been going to Indian springs my whole life it's a large park with lots to do

They have trails for hiking and biking a beach to swim mini golf museums and a tranquil little creek that flows over rocks that you can go walk on

Been going to Indian springs my whole life it's a large park with lots to do

Great Lake front sites

Nice small campground. Very well maintained. Site18 was great for us and boat and 2 dogs. Most sites were large with plenty of space. Water and electricity but no sewer. Have dump station. Nice areas between site and lake. Cell signal was good for Verizon and AT&T was good to stream video. Bathrooms very clean and lots of shower room. They do have a playground as well. The boat ramp was easy to get to for our small fishing boat. Launched my kayak right from the site. Great sunsets. The 3,600 acre Lake Juliette was nice. It was calm most mornings but usually a little windy in afternoon. The GP power plant is close by. There is some road noise at some sites since it is just off the road. Would not like a few of the sites due to that. Maybe not so bad in summer with leaves on the trees. Paul and Sue were very nice camp hosts and informative about the area. Had a great time. Looking forward to coming back in warmer weather and the fish are biting. Gave 4 stars due to road noise only. May not bother most people.

Community Effort

Unfortunately the weather wasn’t the best when we stayed here. I want to go back in the summer and hike the long trail. When we arrived there was obviously an event going on. The small town along the front of Indian Springs State Park seems to be very in tune with the park. There is an event center, excellent restaurant and small gas/grocery right by the entrance. The campground was full even though it was February, which once again speaks to the community and residents. Not the most private sites but they are roomy. I was way to close to the playground. Screaming children are annoying… I’m not referring to yelling and cavorting. These were squalling, screeching hellions with no regard to others around them. One even made a rush at my dogs as I was walking by :( Not much view but you are above some water. No trail near the campground unfortunately. I did not use the showerhouse, it was conveniently located, but was the only one so I’m sure it gets busy.

We enjoyed the nature trail but skipped the longer more difficult trail due to incoming weather. Saw some deer, not much else. Not a well marked trail but we figured it out. I saw people headed to the spring with empty containers and the falls or cascades, were very beautiful.

Great stop if you’re passing through

Stopped here to camp overnight on our way down to Florida from Ohio. Arrived around 9:30 and was able to check-in after hours via a box with an envelope next to the office. Only us and a few other people so it was pretty quiet. The restrooms were very clean and well lit, and in this current covid time going to a public restroom can be dicey so I appreciated that.

It is right next to the highway, which is quick and great if you’re just pulling in for the night. We camped in a truck but if you’re a tent camper you will be hearing the dull roar of the expressway all night if that bothers you!

Great Park!

This place is HUGE!! As others have said, the sites are a little close together and there's some traffic noise, but neither bothered me very much - I was real close to the road too, so not that bad at all. I was quite comfortable the two days I stayed here. They have a little convenience store with camping gear you may have forgotten (or didn't know you needed!), souvenirs, food, and other essentials. The bathrooms are nice and there are some on-site fun to be had with a basketball hoop and playground.

Average stay

Site #52, full hookup site, slightly unlevel but generally a good site.

Park has a museum and war time tank and aircraft.  Large field where local airplane hobbyists come and fly their models.  Campground was quiet, and very dark at night.  We did see some wildlife roaming as we ventured out in to the park.

The hosts did a good job of keeping the restrooms clean.  I don't recall seeing any park officials driving through the campground.

Campground is at the back of the park, so not a lot of outside traffic.  Fishing and boating, Restaurant and bar not busy at all.

I will say it was pricey, $60/night

Group camping - great place!

We camped here with our Cub Scout Pack for the weekend. Loved the museum and outdoor aircrafts and tanks! There was a easy walking trail to and from the pioneer camp. The highlight was for sure the railroad that is right next to the camping area. The passenger train comes through twice a day and it so neat to see up close. Pioneer campsite is not well marked from the main road, but that may be on purpose.