The best GROUP camping near
Sleepy Hollow , GEORGIA

Most Recent Sleepy Hollow Camping Reviews
One night stop only

It gets 2 stars because the staff was nice but the park looks run down. Every site needed mowing (no rain so no excuse) and the site next to us was blocked off because of a water leak for quite some time, algae growing on the water. Trees need to be trimmed. It is easy on easy off of 75. ‘45 MH

Fantastic views

Be back to review

Not worth it

Campground was full but paid for the day use so I could go hiking and use the bathroom after being on the road for 5 hours straight. Well…there were no bathrooms EXCEPT in the campground. Therefore there was no parking for the bathrooms.

The park is mostly roads. Roads that lead you only to more roads. Couldn’t find a purpose for most of them other than they connect you to more roads. Not to campsites, not to recreation, not to pretty views…just more pavement.

Gate guy was also kind of rude.

So glad I didn’t spend the $26 for a campsite

Been going to Indian springs my whole life it's a large park with lots to do

They have trails for hiking and biking a beach to swim mini golf museums and a tranquil little creek that flows over rocks that you can go walk on

Been going to Indian springs my whole life it's a large park with lots to do

This is a KOA Journey and a good stop

The RV sites are nice with limestone pads. I was able to park my 45 ft. Motorhome and Jeep toad without unhooking. Full hookup are adequate with nice bath houses. Wifi was about 40% until the park filled up then nothing. Cable tv reception screen quality was poor. Without cement pads, poor cable and wifi, I could not give a higher rating. If you don’t need cable or wifi, this is a great park.

Great service

Pulled in for an overnight on a road trip. Got in around 7:00 and was offered food from a little hot kitchen on site which was a great convenience after being in the road. Escorted to site by an attendant, ensured that we had everything we needed, shortly after they left they returned with a few warm cookies as a thank you for staying. Campsite trash service and other conveniences that made for a great short experience. Will be back.

Great Lake front sites

Nice small campground. Very well maintained. Site18 was great for us and boat and 2 dogs. Most sites were large with plenty of space. Water and electricity but no sewer. Have dump station. Nice areas between site and lake. Cell signal was good for Verizon and AT&T was good to stream video. Bathrooms very clean and lots of shower room. They do have a playground as well. The boat ramp was easy to get to for our small fishing boat. Launched my kayak right from the site. Great sunsets. The 3,600 acre Lake Juliette was nice. It was calm most mornings but usually a little windy in afternoon. The GP power plant is close by. There is some road noise at some sites since it is just off the road. Would not like a few of the sites due to that. Maybe not so bad in summer with leaves on the trees. Paul and Sue were very nice camp hosts and informative about the area. Had a great time. Looking forward to coming back in warmer weather and the fish are biting. Gave 4 stars due to road noise only. May not bother most people.

Good Overnight Stop

This was a good overnight site.  Typical KOA pull through where you are close to your neighbor.  They have a small dog park which is a bonus.  Staff was friendly and helpful.

Community Effort

Unfortunately the weather wasn’t the best when we stayed here. I want to go back in the summer and hike the long trail. When we arrived there was obviously an event going on. The small town along the front of Indian Springs State Park seems to be very in tune with the park. There is an event center, excellent restaurant and small gas/grocery right by the entrance. The campground was full even though it was February, which once again speaks to the community and residents. Not the most private sites but they are roomy. I was way to close to the playground. Screaming children are annoying… I’m not referring to yelling and cavorting. These were squalling, screeching hellions with no regard to others around them. One even made a rush at my dogs as I was walking by :( Not much view but you are above some water. No trail near the campground unfortunately. I did not use the showerhouse, it was conveniently located, but was the only one so I’m sure it gets busy.

We enjoyed the nature trail but skipped the longer more difficult trail due to incoming weather. Saw some deer, not much else. Not a well marked trail but we figured it out. I saw people headed to the spring with empty containers and the falls or cascades, were very beautiful.