Eagle Grove , GEORGIA

Most Recent Eagle Grove Camping Reviews
Great Campground !

We started camping last year and have been to a lot of campgrounds all around lake Hartwell and Twin Lakes for us was the best one. We love it. We have a boat and get the same site every time and are always happy staying there.

Amazing view. Great Privacy. Site 12 is awkwardly amazing.

We were in Clemson for a wedding, and were surprised how close Twin Lakes Campground was to everything. 12 minutes to downtown Clemson (even on a game day Saturday).

Our site had amazing seclusion and great views of Death Valley stadium and the Blue Ridge Mountains.

A couple things about our site #12. It's a multi-level site where your rig goes up top, and you have a fantastic "lower patio" with a large picnic table and fire pit. 8 yards from a small sandy beach area where you could pull a boat up to.

BUT BEWARE, this spot is really meant for motorized RV's and not trailers. Due to the orientation it is meant to pull in head first so your electric and water are on the "land side" and not the "lake side" of the site. That allows you to have your door and awning facing the lake. HOWEVER, if you're in a trailer like we are, you have to come into the site from other direction, basically against the one way direction of small road.

You'll notice our utilities are on the same side as the normal sitting area, which faces the hill and NOT the water. Then when pulling out, you have no option other to go the wrong way on the one way loop…you'll need to have spotters.

Overall, site is fantastic. RV's all day long. Travel trailers beware…make sure you're under 25 feet to be able to make the very tight "against the grain" turns you'll need to get in here.

But…with the view and seclusion as the nearest site is about 50 yards away…worth it if you can summon a lot of patience.

Lake Jocassi

I title it Lake Jocassi because this is the main attraction here. One of the countries most beautiful lakes (personal opinion).
Plenty of room between your RV and the neighbors, clean and heated bathhouses.

Looking glass mountain is the photo.

Great Lake campground

Really enjoyed the lakefront campsites. We stayed at site 7 which is a pull through. We had camper and extra car with boat and kayak and fit with a little extra room. Able to kayak right from campsite. Campground has over 100 sites. None of the lake front were bad, some were low level, some had fenced railing with a little drop. All had great views some interior lots had lake views. Some interior lots were close together. Bath houses were very clean and spacious. Have a couple of hiking trails. I did the Sassafras’s Loop trail which follows the lake shore most of time and great views the rest. Our dogs loved all the space, no swimming due to temperatures in the 40s. Lots of stars at night. Very clean and well kept park. Camp hosts were helpful. Very nice staff at the Visitor Center, registration area. They also have cabins with docks and yurts as well. Great views from them as well. Will be back in warmer weather.

Great Location

Another great COE campground. Large sites (most had plenty of room for our 35' motor coach) with most backing up to the water. Restrooms were clean. Water pressure at site and in restroom showers was very good. Picnic table and fire pit were in good shape. Two dump sites are available. Checkin was easy and the staff was helpful.

Will definitely stay here again when in the area.

Very primitive

We had campsites TS1 & TS2 across the water. A few of us kayaked to our site while others hiked 3miles to our site. It was very quiet and we could barely see our neighbors. Our site was surrounded by trees, plenty of options for hammocking/pitching a tent. It does include a fire pit with a grill grate option. This was our 2nd time here and we will def continue camping here.

Comfortable RV Camping

Very new, clean campground. Everything is well maintained. We camped after Zeta rolled through, so there were some trees down on some of the hiking trails but I could hear chainsaws running, clearing the paths. The camp sites were a little on the smaller side but still comfortable. It was far from being full, so even though the sites were a little close we weren’t near other campers. The RV spots are paved and easy to get level while the table and fire pit are in gravel. I didn’t get a chance to check out the tent campsites, so I can’t speak to that. The hiking trails were fun and peaceful. We also brought bikes and rode around the park which was fun. All in all, not the best campground I’ve ever been to, but it’s easy to get to and was fun for the family. I’d definitely come back.

Magnificent

I couldn’t do all of the steps, but sure was a great view. There’s 3 sets of steps. 210, 310, and 350 steps. Not for the out of shape people, for sure but many great views to see from the top.

Great Views

Recently stay at Lake Hartwell State Park and had a great time. Some of the sites are pretty close together, but we stayed at site 54 and our friends were at site 52. Both sites had nice tree cover and great views of the lake with plenty of space, close to the bath house. Lost power to our site during our stay, but the staff was quick to come out and fix the problem. It was very busy while we were there, but didn’t seem overly noisy. Definitely looking forward to going back.

Primitive Camping next to the Chauga River

I didn’t get a chance to explore this camping area much because it was wet. I mean really wet! It is beside the Chauga River, and if you camp there after a storm like I did, expect a lot of wet puddles and soggy ground. It is a great destination for fishing, but the water was too high and too muddy this time. There is a parking area, and you have to pack everything in. I parked across the road because of the drop-off from the road. It was probably a good idea anyway since the parking area would require me to put my vehicle in 4WD. I am sure others had a better experience than I did, but between the bugs and the soggy mess, it was difficult to rate this campground anything other than just one star. There are not toilet facilities, water, lantern hangers, etc. That is usually not a problem for me, but… did I mention that it was wet? Building a campfire this time was out of the question. It was a good thing I carry my little Solo stove. I used it as a mini fire pit. On the positive side of things, being so close to the river makes it almost impossible to hear any sounds from the highway. It’s not a busy road anyway, but it is nice sleeping to the sounds of the river. Overall, I don’t think I will return to this camping area. It was okay as a learning experience, but other than that, it was just too small of a camping area, too many bugs, and too… did I mention it was wet?