the dyrt
About Rainbow Springs State Park
Drive In, Walk In
Rainbow Springs State Park is located in Florida
19 Reviews of Rainbow Springs State Park
Great for first camping trip

This was my first trip with my travel trailer. It was easy to get to. Roads were paved. The pull through site I had was wide. Everyone was friendly and helpful

loved it

stayed twice here. first was a walk up site 1. and learned my lesson, now i reserve so i can get a good site. bathrooms are great. has a nice swimming area in the campground area for campers and tubers entrance is here so great spot to people watch. definitely doing this one yearly.

One of my favorites

Love this campground though it can ve hard to get in between the snowbords and tubing season.

Private Spots for State Park

Some spots have creek access with good fishing in the back.

beautiful campground and swimming spring

loved the area tubing was relaxing

Kayaking Fun!

We have not camped here, but we went kayaking down the river and it was perfect for a summer (or even winter) day! The water was crystal clear and bright blue in some areas. We plan to go camping here in August because we’ve heard nothing but marvelous reviews.

Most beautiful springs I've ever been to.

This is a beautiful river you can float down in a innertube or kayak or boat. Lots kf wildlife and the park has beautiful waterfalls and gardens. Gewat place for picnics and swimming. One of Florida's hidden treasures. I'm told there is a home I've pasted that belonged to a certain well know celebrity. Stair lead from his front down down into the clear springs. I like this river better than Itchentucknee as it has homes along it in case of emergency. Dont be surprised if a band is playing for entertainment on the weekend.

Busy family friendly camp area

Serious cleaning didn’t take any pictures there was saving my battery to take pictures underwater. Camp grounds were clean but As I said before it was very busy with family. At the spring if they could get some real food available for people to eat and drink that would be great

A lot of fun!

Full hookups. Great for kayaking, swimming and snorkeling! Kids have a lot of fun!

Ranger Review: Optic Nerve Sunglasses at Rainbow Springs Campground

One of our favorite local places to go in Florida is the Rainbow River in Dunnellon. The crystal clear spring-fed river attracts people from all over to it's 72 degree water for fishing, swimming, boating, diving, birding, snorkeling and tubing. There are 3 areas of the state park: headspring, tubing and campground.

Campground Review: We have been coming here for about 7 years since the re-opening of the camping area. There are 60 sites in 3 loops. They are all level and many now have shade since the trees have grown. They are all full hook-up sites except for the tent sites that have only water and electric. Each loop has a restroom with showers and laundry. During the spring and summer it is very hard to get a site on weekends due to the river being packed with tubers. Recently, they have closed the gate to the campground requiring a code to get in so non-campers aren't sneaking in to use the river. The max # of people per site is 6. There is a public parking lot a few miles down the road where people can pay the concessionaire a fee for tube rental and tram ride to go float for 2 hours back to the parking lot. This is always packed during the summer and the lot fills up early.

On our most recent stay we were in site #51 which is very secluded and shady. On our first night, there was a massive storm in which we lost power and several trees were toppled in the park. It took all night to restore our power making it a hot and muggy, restless night. A few things had changed since our stay here last year. The pool that had been out of service for 5+ years had been filled in and covered over with grass. The convenience store had been taken out of the office/ check-in area. This was disappointing. You now have to drive into town if you need something like ice, tubes or basic RV supplies. The staff here is still as friendly as always which makes up for it.

Product Review: Being a ranger for thedyrt makes it possible for me to get products to use/test while I am camping. This time, I had the opportunity to try out some ONE sunglasses by [Optic Nerve](http://Optic Nerve.com). The styles we chose were Athena and Lunker. My husband and I have actually been wearing them all summer and love them. The styles are attractive and they are very affordable compared to other well-known brands. You can spend much less and get a quality pair that are polarized and durable. Not a scratch on them after 3 months of working in the yard, hiking, zip-lining, camping, boating, tubing, scalloping, shopping and 5000 miles in the RV. With a lifetime warranty and 100% UV protection, you can't go wrong with this brand.