The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Matlacha Isles-Matlacha Shores , FLORIDA

Most Recent Matlacha Isles-Matlacha Shores Camping Reviews
Great for RV/ATV/dirtbikes ... not so much if you prefer primitive tent

Ended up here after our first choice was flooded out.

Pros:

Lots of amenities and a camp store. Even if you're 'primitive' camping, there are amenities at the entrance of the property.

Close to Peace River for fossil hunting - we found LOTS and the camp store sells all the gear you need.

Cons:

Loud vehicles at all times goin' real fast with shiny lights and various Toby Keith songs bumpin' (no shade on Toby Keith, but I'd rather not hear Red Solo Cup at 1am when I'm camping)

Just okay

The resort was mixed in with full timers and mobile homes. The rvs were shoved in between these homes and permanent spots. Some houses looked fairly junky. There was no security, which is the second time I’ve come across that on my travels. The pool was really big and beautiful, the hot tub nice, and the showers very clean. It is not close to the ocean (20 minutes) and was not our first choice. Probably wouldn’t return even though everyone was very friendly and kind.

Tight Quarters

Ramblers Rest - Venice, FL: Nice facility. Mostly full time or longer term seasonal rentals. More of a mobile home community where they squeeze RVs into the spaces between mobile homes. Clean and well kept, but not the typical campground we would choose. Very tight quarters. Fulls hook-ups which was nice.

Lovely Quaint Place

We were running close to the cut off for check in due to traffic. We called and the clerk waited for us to get there. We made it just under the wire. The sites were close together and a bit tight, but they are nice gravel for the rig and a concrete pad for your rug. Each site has a grill and picnic table. Fires are not permitted. The beach is a short bike ride away, but can be walked too. This place only takes cash or check and is kind of old school. But the prices are awesome for staying on Sanibel Island. There is a nice restaurant across the street from the park. There is an aviary in the campground. This place is also a trailer park with mobile homes super close to each other. Not many campsites available, so book early. The bath houses were nicely kept and no issues. The sites are all full hook up. We will be back again.

Totally different

Lovely place with wonderful camp hosts. My only knock is it is all paved and no trees. We fished and it was kinda nice not having dirt in the camp. Whole campground surrounded by water. We enjoyed watching the boats come thru the locks and fishing.

Small but peaceful State Park with Historic attraction

Kind and helpful staff! We got a late check-in and no issues. Spot was clean, quiet, with lush vegetation on all sides! There are Historic buildings with interesting background and guided tours. Nature trails, kayaking, etc. Will be back here.

Nice but crowd!

I think it’s better raise de price and have less RV’s. This is my opinion. But it’s ok for the price. The beach it’s priceless. Nice people! Good service.

Great park and campsite

The park has great trails for hiking and bike riding. The campsites are nice, decently spaced. Some pull through, some back in, water and electric vary by site. Bathhouses are clean, well ventilated.

Note, gate closed at dusk, call ahead to get the gate code or there is a mile plus hike to find some one with the code. Don’t ask me why I know that.

Ecologically diverse and full of opportunities to see nature. Loved Myakka!

Perhaps the most ecologically diverse state park in Florida, Myakka River State Park has lots of nature viewing opportunities. Located just east of Sarasota you’ll find lots to do without having to leave the park. However, because of the age and condition of the campsites, for an exceptional camping experience, you'll want to choose your campsie carefully.

There are 3 separate and distinct campgrounds at Myakka River State Park. Depending on whether your tent camping or have an RV, you really want to pay attention here. Old Prairie Campground(sites 27– 48) and Big Flats Campground(sites 1– 26) are the oldest. These sites were not necessarily built for large RV’s although you can get into some of them with an RV up to 30 feet. Palmetto Ridge Campground(sites 49– 90) is the newest and will accommodate RV’s of any size and has sewer hookups. The other 2 campgrounds do not.

We can’t imagine going to another Florida State Park and seeing more of nature than we did here. While riding our bikes along Park and North Drive, and taking a drive early one morning to the Outpost to get some cell service, it was a Florida safari! I’ve never seen so many alligators in the wild. From babies to big daddies, they lined the river and the edge of the lake. We saw black vultures by the dozens, turkey vultures, turkeys, and deer. There was a family of raccoons that visited each night to see what we might have left out for them. They had no luck. And the variety of birds in and around the lake was amazing. There were several that we hadn’t seen before.

To read our complete review visit https://lifestyleover50.com/myakka-river-state-park-campground-review/

Trailer park with RV spots

While I’m pissed is not the best time to write a review, but I’ll try to be fair.

Pool/ hot tub is nice . Shower facility was clean and decent sized. Lots of wildlife: birds, alligators, and rabbits. That’s where my positive review ends.

They wedged us into a spot between two permanent trailers which was disappointing, especially since there were open spots available.

Office hours were posted but rarely found it to be open, which was a little frustrating.

Most off putting thing was the experience I had while showering. I was finishing a nice 7-10 minute shower when guy that works for the place walks up, just outside the curtain and says, “man, you take long showers”. I can’t describe how uncomfortable and in appropriate that felt.