The best BOAT IN camping near
Weott , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Weott Camping Reviews
On Paper Great But...

Hypothetically this place looks great on the internet and when you first arrive it appears clean but sit back and really look around and watch what’s going on. A lot of coming and going at all hours, transient signs by the river, full timers hiding out only coming out at night, something going on here. Lots of talk when checking in about “smoke” and growing. Yeah… not again.

Not that great

Bunch of trimigrants or transients living here and it’s creepy. Weirdos walking around all hours of night and not cool with the family. Will never be back here again but plan on suiting the redwoods more often. Just don’t let them out you in the back if you do stay. Oh and where we were it’s 30 amp not 50 if that matters.

This was my first time driving in sand and now I’m obsessed! Driving right up to the beach and water is something I didn’t know I NEEDED to do. Absolutely beautiful place and the people were all friendly!

Good stay.

It was very good stay. We reached there around 10:30 PM. Their entrance closes at 10 PM but they allowed us. Water level was not that much when we had visited.

A Hidden Gem

What a wonderful RV park. Quiet except for the very occasional road noise during the day, extremely quiet at night, very well kept up, friendly hosts, and very nice sites. The options here run the gamut from tent sites, cabins, W/E hookups and even some full hookups with sewer. They also have a dump station, bathrooms/laundry (currently closed due to the pandemic), volleyball, horseshoes, river access and more. Myers Flat is a small town with a tiny grocery/deli but not a ton more.

If you’re coming in along 101, take the Avenue of the Giants if you have some extra time. You’ll end up right in Myers Flat and see some amazing forests along the way.

We’ll be back for sure.

Overall good night

This place was advertised as free roadside car camping. If you go further down the road, there’s a parking lot to the left. No hook ups or water, but has bathrooms and showers. The showers remained closed due to Covid. I can’t attest to the bathrooms, as I didn’t use them. There are spots for cars and tents and larger spots in the middle for longer vehicles. There were a few other people there overnight and it was pretty quiet. There is a $25 fee and it’s first come first serve. There is a camp host if you need help before 8pm. We came on a Friday night and had no problems. An overall good stay for us.

Great Location & Clean

Perfect first trip in our travel trailer.  The park was about 1/3 full.  Our site backed up to the Eel river with Giants redwoods everywhere.  The grounds were super clean and quiet.  Just hung out at the beach the whole time, but the Avenue of the giants is right there.  Must see if you haven't been.

Dispersed camping off Benbow Dr.

There are several pull-outs along Benbow Dr, some more level than others. GPS coordinates point to the access point from Hwy 101 (Redwood Hwy). We stayed all night with no issues at 40°02'58.5"N 123°47'32.5"W tucked into a treed section off the road. We are actually just a little past this location at a pull off that had a fire ring and lots of space.

We experienced only a handful of cars passing by and very little noise from Highway 101 above (otherwise just the South Fork of the Eel River below). Just northwest of where we were, you have access to the river through what appears to be a decommissioned day-use park.

***When we pulled in there was no one, but two other parties came and the spots were not far enough for my comfort. There was nothing that separated us, only a couple trees and that took away from the privacy factor. One party was friendly, the other was not. He seemed like this was HIS spot and it made me feel a little nervous staying there (brown van in photo). If I was with a larger group, I would have felt fine, but it was just me and another friend and I was on edge all night :/

The most amazing area

Words can't explain the beauty!

Great place to stay

This campground has a little bit of everything. It’s pretty much right on the ocean and next to a golf course. Has a store/deli with restrooms and an outdoor eating area with a music stage. Would stay here again anytime.