The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Sugarloaf Village , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Sugarloaf Village Camping Reviews
Love this place!

Almost no people, some night we were completely alone. Due to Covid, restroom are closed. Water station is just for filling up a container, no hose connection.
Very spacious sites. Picnic table and fire pit ring

Clean RV Park

Camp sights are very close to one another not much privacy. The RV sights with full hooks up are further away from the river about 200 yards. The campground is very clean and well maintained. Kernville is less then a mile away were you can get gas diesel groceries firewood or anything else you might have forgotten.

Convenient and well spaced out

Visited in January so it was pretty empty which made for a quiet and spacious experience. Stayed off the river but access to it is simple and quick from anywhere on the grounds. Fire wood delivery makes things easy as does ability to launch or take out boats from the whitewater. Great launching spot for Kernville adventures!

Desert Bliss

Great place to park the car and enjoy the sunset and sunrise! Beautiful place to explore during the day and see the lava rocks!

Beautiful area

Really nice full heated pool. Beautiful views of the hills of Carmel & Monterey. Close to wonderful restaurants & shopping to drive to, as well as touring Monterey and the beaches. Quiet, peaceful setting. Clean bathrooms.

Great little place to stop & stay before heading into the desert.

After 4 days on the road during COVID in my RV, this was a refreshing place for this winter weary traveler from the wet & grey skies of the PNW. Showers were open, large & free, with hot water. Friendly staff. I picked a bag of fresh oranges too. What a treat. Pull thru’s and full hookups. Just one tiny thing….. trains at night that blow their horns. I use soft earplugs so it didn’t wake me.

Nice spot

Wide open space and only one other camper so far. Didn’t see trash in the area but it’s pretty windy so maybe it all blew away. Nice view of the lake and surrounding mountains. Some road noise but not too bad.

Pretty, Simple, and Comfortable

Visited right before Christmas and so we were treated to chilly temperatures and a relatively empty park. As a result, the experience was quiet and relaxing with a soundtrack dominated by the creek right outside our site. Location is perfect as a launch point for trips into Sequoia NP!

Sweet

The black dirt and yellow grass make this a magical place to wake up. Cell service was good enough that I stayed parked here for the work day. Only 4 RV accessible sites but there was no one else here the Thursday night I stayed.

A quaint stopover

I spent two nights at the campground and would gladly stop by again if I find myself in that corner of the valley. I visited in the last days of November, and imagine there is more activity in other seasons.

I enjoyed riding my bike around the historic town. The infestation of ground squirrels was horrifying for someone who works in agriculture, but they do provide some entertainment to watch, along with the blazing orange sunset.

The staff and host were welcoming and facilitating were clean. There are flush toilets, free hot showers, water spigots, and a $10 dump station. It’s no frills, but had everything I needed for my stay.