Chinese Camp , CALIFORNIA

Camping California Chinese Camp

Most Recent Chinese Camp Camping Reviews
10/10

Been coming here for our annual family camping trip for years now and love this place. The staff is always friendly and willing help. Will be coming back in the future.

Amazing place to stay for long term

We stayed here for a little over 2 months while waiting for our home to be built. It felt like we were on vacation every night. Pool is open in the winter with heating and a tent over top. Kids loved the arcade games. Thanksgiving and Christmas with friends that camped there. They even offered a New Years celebration. They have full laundry facilities which is great for the long haul RV families! Wonderful staff and kids made friends with other camping kids making our stay seem short for being so long!

Quick Camping

Woodward is our family go to place to camp in the summer heat. Lots of campsites with room for tents or RVs. Fire pits and picnic tables at each site. Plenty of bathrooms, some with showers. Usually somewhat clean. Water feels good when it's 100+ degrees outside. Good prices. And you can bring your dogs.

Threw a crappy rave here

Back in 2012 a few former friends and myself had all convinced our parents to let us go camping with each other we were all about 18 or 19 and what we didn't say was that we had sent out mass invites for a rave/furry meet. We were all unprepared, had no sound set up, ran out of essentials and food…. We had one giant bonfire and they and the either Rangers or Sheriff's showed up (it might have been both) just as we had finally figured out our sound and told us to shut it down. They gave us a warning about the fires and allowed us to get permits on the spot while they were there. They said they didn't care if we were going to party but to leave no trace of us being there. Its a beautiful spot but after that experience, I'm probably not going back there. Our campground was AAAALLLLLLL the way in back end of wherever camp sites ended. So we had that entire area to ourselves. Driving over ditches, driving up and on the side of the mountains in order to avoid random debris in our cars path…. Yo this place might have actually be trying to me. Looking back it all seems dangerous however, the spot we were at, had rocks that if you claimed all the way to the top, you get an incredible view over looking the river behind our tents and beyond. Good chill place to go smoke weed and watch either the Sunset or Sunrise. Then again, just because it was beautiful isn't going to make me forget this place really did try and kill me.

My rating--4.4/5 Well done Beavers.

I don't have pictures anymore due to many factors primarily because this was way back in 2012 and its now 2020. I wouldn't even know what computer to start up and look at…* Instead please enjoy one of my many all time favorite pictures ever

Threw a crappy rave here

My rating--4.4/5 Well done Beavers.

Group sites

We found a huge group site out here for our Burns Canyon trail run. I’m not sure if it was this exact location but it’s hard to miss! We’re planning another trip back already!

Close to Yosemite

This is a great campground right outside of the north entrance to Yosemite. Super clean and there is a nice creek to hang out at within walking distance

Love it

I love Yosemite! While the campsites are very crowded, I don’t care. The natural beauty of this place forgives every shortfall. I will return again and again.

Convenient Yosemite Campground

We drove in after a long day of hiking in Yosemite. This campground is right off of Hwy 120 and makes for a super convenient stop the night before or after visiting Yosemite.

At the time we visited (early Nov 2020) there were no water or trash removal services, but the infrastructure is there. Bathrooms were in poor shape, though I'm not sure if this is due it being the winter season.

Campsites were $16 and included a picnic table, campfire ring, and a bear box. There were plenty of spots within our campsite for three 2-person tents.

Secluded!

We drove into the campground on a Friday night and were surprised to see that the 5.5mi dirt road was on the side of the mountain and had a lot of ruts. We were driving a Prius Prime with low ground clearance, so it took us nearly an hour to get down to the campground from Hwy 120. Others driving a truck and a Chevy Suburban passed us pretty quickly during turnouts.

Though 4WD or higher ground clearance is not required, I would recommend it! Otherwise, be prepared for a slow drive down to the campground.

Campsites are free, and the facilities are pretty bare bones (you have a picnic table, a fire pit, and a bear box at each site plus a single toilet at the campground entrance), but we got excellent views of the stars and were the only group at the campground. I definitely recommend this campground if you're looking to get away from everything and everyone.

Other than the unexpectedly difficult drive down (for a sedan/Prius), we all enjoyed this campground. We will be returning in a more appropriate vehicle in the future.