The best BOAT IN camping near
Big Creek , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Big Creek Camping Reviews
Clean and friendly folks

Nice short bike rides up and down hills. Kids loved it!

Good View but not pump station

very special  place but we meet the fire

Good camping site

Had a fun time with the family, had accesible restroom and showers, had picnic table so we could put our things, shade, place where we could set our tent with our truck next to us, and we were able to go swimming. 👍👍👍

very beatiful

You should stay here for several days.

We always sea bald eagles here! Fishing is really good!

First Rain of the Season

I visited in November, on the first days of rain after a long dry season. I arrived after dark and was unfamiliar with the layout, so I stayed at a pull-out near the McCabe Flat campground. The next morning I checked out Willow Placer campground and continued to the end of the road to claim the last spot at Railroad Flat campground.

All three camps are along the river. There are no reservations. The first two are mostly walk-in tent sites. They are all clean and well maintained. There was a helpful ranger on patrol through the weekend.

I came with my 16’ Airstream in tow, and it fit perfectly. I would not recommend anything larger. It was late in the season, so there were only a few campers at each location. The narrow road winds along the steep canyon wall with occasional pull-outs to allow oncoming cars to pass. I was glad not to meet any vehicles on my way.

The scenery was stunning! It rained on-and-off with sunshine in between, so I rode my bike along and went fishing (didn't catch anything) while the sky was blue, then hid under a blanket with a cup of tea and watched the stormy skies. I had initially planned to go to Yosemite but was content to stay here.

A gorgeous spot for the middle of the woods! The creator site up the scenic route is 10x better!

So Beautiful!

This campsite is gorgeous - it is located within a valley surrounded by beautiful mountains. The host was wonderful and helpful and the campsites are very well spaced.

This location does not have hook ups, I could not find showers, and the bathrooms were not the greatest (no hand soap, very cold… not the worst though:).

I did get two bars on my phone (T-Mobile). This is a perfect place to stay if you like a little more seclusion and less bells and whistles! The best part was the view!

Want to go back.

Only had a one night stay here prior to completing Rae Lakes Loop in King’s Canyon and got a first come first served spot. Parking at this site was crap and space for rent was limited but we were just happy to have scored a spot to rest before our backpack. Bear boxes available for each site. The lake was amazing and loads of families and kids frolicking around. Would love to go back and experience a few days at this lake and a more spacious and carefully chosen campsite.

Remember that you're at elevation so it can get cold at night even in the summer. Twin Lakes and all of the surrounding Mammoth area is gorgeous. You'll have plenty of hikes to choose from, go fishing, or hit the slopes (biking during the summer and snowsports in the winter).

Cell service for ATT wasn't very strong so take some time away from the rest of the world. You can run into town for reception and wifi if needed.