Agua Dulce, CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Agua Dulce Camping Reviews
Fun place for young kids!

We recently stayed here, for the 1st time, last week. We decided to leave the travel trailer at home, and change it up! We stayed the 1st in a large teepee. It had beds for a total of six people. It was hot in the daytime, and got really cold at night, so we switched to a Glamping tent. The Glamping tent was nice! It had a very confortable queen bed, 2 lamps, a fan, a heater, a mini fridge and a microwave. It also had a futon type couch that made into a bed. Loved the Glamping tent.

Only downfall was, that the place does not enforce it quiet time rules. 10pm to 8 am. Late night loud groups, carrying on until 2 in the morning, loud obnoxious kids screaming at 6:15 in the morning…😩they have many beautiful Peafowl, and they can be loud too, but I only heard them once. The place has very nice tiled showers, with good water pressure, clean bathrooms, a big beautiful pool, but it was closed for the season.

There are fire pits throughout the 76 acre park, it was nice having a campfire, since so many places don’t allow them anymore…they have a very large jumping pillow for kiddos, my 6 year had a blast playing on it. They also have a zip line, but it was damaged in the large fire last year, and is being fixed currently. There is a stream that runs thru the property, it was fun to explore. They have a rock climbing wall, that is brought out on holiday weekends.

Lots of fun activities for kids, like crafts, making your own rocket to launch, etc. It is not the place to come, if you want a quiet, mellow place to read a book! It is busy, and loud. They do not have any laundry facilities, nor do they have a little store. The prices on everything are going up 10% on everything, next year. This means that most campsites with full hook-ups with be $ 71 a night, ( not bad ) but the large teepees will cost about $ 200 a night, and the Glamping tents, about $ 180 a night.

You can buy a KOA discount card, for just $ 30 bucks, and it gets you 10% off, each stay for a year. Valid at all KOAs in America, and some in Australia! We had a good time, and plan to go back in the summer next year. Hopefully, with our travel trailer, it will be less loud 😉

Beautiful beach and sunset

Beautiful Beach to camp with the family. Perfect for kids to have fun in the waves. The sand is a bit rocky so you have to be careful and wear sandals. There is hiking trail nearby that lets you appreciate the ocean’s beauty. I would have given it 5 stars but I was disappointed about the fact that the car noise on the highway overshadowed the serenity of the waves. The headlights of the trucks shining on our pop up camper disturbed our sleep. It can get very very windy at night so for those with tents and pop ups it might be a little frustrating.

3 min Hike Camping

When you can’t do a 2h hike before setting camp, but you also don’t want to camp close to your car, Millard campground is perfect. The parking lot is just behind the corner out of view. The only downside is that there are a couple of holiday houses in the surrounding forest and there is the trailer of the camp manager. Also don’t go during week ends cause families bring their kids to camp. Besides that it’s a really chill and nice camp. There is a stream of water that flows close to the campground and there are toilets (no water).

Very dispersed and tons of solitude

2 Yellow post sites. High clearance/4WD vehicles highly recommended. Take a rocky bouldery creek wash up into the hills. Primitive camping with a single fire pit, no table, no hookups water or bathrooms. Awesome place to get “lost”in.

Quiet. Solitude.

Great primitive campsites. Need sturdy vehicle to get there. Quiet area with very little traffic. Stayed on a Sunday night and we were the only ones in the camp. Fantastic hiking up a nearby creek.

Quiet with Views

Great spot, clean vault toilets, and a good view. Only downside was the incredible high number of yellow jackets in the area and a fire restriction.

Not for those seeking quiet and seclusion

Easy to get to, but fills up VERY fast. Open spaces for large group camping. Fire pits at every campground and easy to walk to hiking trail. Most of the people camping there played loud music all night. Not exactly a get away from the city.

Some characters there, program local sheriff's number before going

It's a pretty nice little campground there's no water at least not that I've seen and there's a pit toilet that is probably the most disgusting toilet I've ever encountered I don't use it I don't go near it I bring a portable toilet every time I stay at this place. There can be some crazy characters and a lot of vagabonds that call this place home and sometimes you can hear some rambunctious conversations and activities which may lead you to want to call 911 but I would call the local sheriff since I'm sure they are very familiar with this campground. Lots of bugs, really nice tables, some of the spots have pretty deteriorated fire pits but they work and I'd say most of the spots have a good place for a hammock.

Lovely little campground

This is a hike in campground that has stoves and a creek running through. The sites are nicely spaced and there is plenty of shade. Perfect little backpacking trip.

Quiet except for trains

Stayed here a few times — quiet except for trains electric and sewer hook ups

Quiet and Close By

Whenever I need to get away from LALA Land, I head up here.  I grew up in the mountains of western Pennsylvania, so , sometimes , I need to kick back and recharge. Sort of going back to factory settings, as it were.

There are lots of cool spots up here and plenty of quiet.  Whether you like to hike, or fish or just kick back, this is a nice little hidey hole to do it in. There is a small , 2 acre lake that is occasionaly  stocked with fish. Not so often during drought, though.

There are few amenities , such as no showers no close by stores, or other distractions. There is a small concessionaire store near the Ranger outpost.  It may or may not be open, depending on the fire danger and the time of year.  Take your own food, water and anything else you need to regain your sanity and go up here.

Don't forget your bear canister for your food. There are bears and other wildlife that live up here year round.

Enjoy the peace and quiet and reclaim your soul.

Wonderful park. Plenty of grassy areas and you are not on top of your neighbor. Access to the lake to go fishing.

Best Place in Chino to Get Away

Chino Hills State Park has a campground with a small number of spots. These hills are amazing after a good rain. This year it was a good place to see the wildflowers. Unfortunately the campground has been closed for awhile due to water line construction but should open in Mar 2020.  There's plenty of restrooms and parking. There's also a number of hiking trails that leave from the campground.  The only cell service is on top of the closest hill.  Its a good spot for a quick getaway from the city.

Nice and lonesome

Beautiful drive down grade valley to get to this awesome site. We were looking for a more remote place to camp and this site satisfied all our needs. We were the only ones there and the scenery was pleasing. There is access to some nice hiking trails of Los Padres National Forest. There was some water still available in the nearby creek.

One of my favorite spots!

I have camped here a few times and it is one of my favorite go to spots. I like that there is a camp store near by just incase case someone forgets their coffee mug🙄 or if you need some more firewood. The spots are inexpensive, $10 per night, most nights. There are lots of trails to hike and things to explore. It's a nice place to go when you need to get away from the city.

Good Overnighter

This is a good spot to spend the night. It’s close to Ice House Canyon trail.

Quiet and relaxing

Really nice clean quiet and relaxing

Great fun little trial

Me and my girlfriend decided to go on this trail with our two doggos on a hot 95 degree day and we had such a good time the waterfall trail is nothing but shade provided by the trees foliage and the creek kept our dogs cool as they would jump in and out of the small pools we had a great time we hung out at the waterfall as it's a gorgeous spot to hang out we were also the only ones there the trail is only half a mile but we definitely took our time as it's a gorgeous trail would recommend it to anyone

We lucked out with this little gem

We were looking for a place to plop the night before hiking Bridge to Nowhere and stumbled into this little campground.  There wasn't a lot of options since it's first-come, but we found a great little spot right on a stream to set up.  The ranger came buy to say hello and he ended up giving us some advice on the weather and a warning about the hike.  If there's weather coming it can get dangerous fast!  The skies were blue on the hike out but suddenly hail started and it down poured!  I've never been so scared of a flashflood in my life so we ran the 5 miles out to safety.  It was pretty memorable!  Definitely do that hike if you stay here!

Will not return.

The campsites are along a busy road. Lots of noise and lights during the night. The lake was absolutely disgusting. Dead fish all along the shore and floating in the water. Gross and stagnant, overrun with mosquitos.

Great Campground

A nice alternative to the higher campgrounds near Mt Pinos. Went on Labor Day weekend and surprisingly there were not that many other campers. Nice well separated sites with awesome views of lock wood valley and Frazier mountain. Area is a great for star gazing and ohv riding. Took a great scenic drive up to Frazier mountain lookout. Bathrooms and camp sites were clean. Great scenery all around and overall a beautiful campground.

Hidden Gem

I loved this place, this hidden gem is located in the in the middle of the city, with the feel of the outdoor. Lots of trees, biking and hiking trails, fishing area, beautiful views, very peaceful, family friendly, pet friendly, the C9 RV spot was very spacious, I also liked the A & B area. Not every site has a fire pit. Definitely coming back again.

Great hidden away spot

Fairly easy hike in (after the 1st mike at least!) went over Labor Day weekend when it was its “busiest” and was still not very packed. Campsite is very nice looking and has a great natural spring by that has water year round. Bear lockers and back country ovens. One of My favorite places.

Busy!

This is a huge campground on pyramid lake! The sites are small and close together. The lake levels are always a little low and this lake is especially muddy. Wear water shoes here! The camp sotes are pretty standard, however there are good amenities, like a volley ball court, horseshoes. It is not very shaded, bring a canopy. It's often very dry so I don't do campfires here. Full hook ups available. Good fishing.

Quick Getaway to Nature

There’s about 38 campsites

If you want to do group camping there’s plenty of it there . 9-10-11 are the best ones with shade together , they have a campfire circle big enough for 10+

Plus there’s a nice waterfall trail which will be 2.5 in & 2.5 miles back

Sunsets and Sand

Quick and easy is my trips to Thornhill Broome!

5 miles north of Neptune’s Net, Los Angeles/Ventura county line at Point Magu Rock!

Depending on the time of year, the beach may be very rocky or it may be smooth. This is not a great beach to swim and if you tent camp, be sure to know where the high tide line is!

The bathrooms are out houses. No showers but there is water facets scattered across the road.  This is dry camping only but you can dump after your stay at Sycamore Cyn campground which is only a mile or so away.

This campground is a line of spaces right on the beach and up against PCH. The car noise does slow down at night so you can hear the waves crashing!

The winds can kick up pretty good here also!  Be prepared to baton down the hatches!

There are dolphins and seals that swim back and forth. Pelicans and sea gulls. If you’re really lucky, you might see whales!

There’s a camp host selling wood but nothing around unless you drive back to Neptune’s.

Dogs need to be on a lease…despite my video!  LOL

You will be sited if they catch your dog off lease!

USFS developed campground

Beautiful area. Spring and early summer water is in the 2 small lakes or hike to the Rose Valley Water falls. Hiking, biking or just hang out. Gateway to some beautiful hikes in the Los Padres National Forest. Plenty of trails to explore.

Remote, upgraded primitive campground. Great for a full moon hike. Views.

Seasonal spring for water (Bring a filter). Locals have upgraded by making benches out of downed trees. Great views and starry nights. A favorite.

Gem tucked away 👌🏽

We love to travel and camp but can’t always carve out the time for a long drive out of LA. We found this gem, just 1 1/2hrs from LA and you’d never know you were anywhere near the city. It’s the perfect getaway, birds singing, and the scenery makes you feel like you’re in Tahoe. Amazingly quiet space, so tranquil and an absolute perfect temperature in August during the day and night. The only thing I’d recommend is bug spray, there’s lots of flying critters but that’s about it. We love this place and will certainly go back!

Great Car Camping

I took my co-workers here and they loved it! We had campsite 101, which was beautiful. It didn't have the sweeping views that a few of the campsites have, but it was probably the most isolated campsite in the campground, so it was great for us because we tend to stay up by the fire talking late. Sunsets and sunrises were stunning. A local warned us of wind but it wasn't a big issue. The campground manager was great.