Moenkopi, ARIZONA

Most Recent Moenkopi Camping Reviews
Perfect RV Spot at the Grand Canyon

We were lucky enough to snag a spot here last minute. It was the night before the free shuttle service started (last week of February) and before the main tourist season started so we scored a spot!

We were RV newbies and forgot our hose warmers so the hoses froze overnight. No big deal though! Walking distance to some amazing lookouts and to the dining hall.

Drove to Keys Point lookout tower and left the park by that exit as we headed toward Lake Powell.

Think Outside. No box required.

Gorgeous and wild. Clear water to swim in, trees to hang from, and sandy beach areas to chill and relax in. I don’t want to say too much because it may give away spots that are for the people that want to get away from everything and everyone. I enjoy the outdoors in AZ because of places like this.

Spacious full hookup sites

A rare find in a National Park…full hookups for your RV. Walking distance to the "General Store." Bike to anywhere in the park (but remember you're at 7000 feet!). Easy to get up early and see sunrise over the Canyon or watch the sunset then head a short distance back to the village. We saw elk walking through the campground. Sites we're well spaced out, not right on top of each other. We felt lucky to be in such an amazing location!

Good location for hiking

I had thought the park would be crowded but due to COVID-19 it was not. Sites were good but ours was not very big, very tight to neighbors, some have much more space between. We did have a site that backed up to a wooded area so that was a bonus(row L). Lots of wildlife looking for water so watch your waist pump out hose, Ravines pecked holes in ours and we couldn’t find a replacement. Had to use hose tape to fix it. Good location if you like to hike the south rim, easy access to trails. Grocery store close but pricey. Clean bathroom but no shower or laundry.

Gorgeous campground

Spacious and comfortable, not overly busy. WiFi available at the general store, but it’s usually very busy so not as useful as you might like. Was able to get cell service also at general store, and nearby at the village and on Bright Angel Trail. Showers clean and functional, laundry machines available.

Nearby to stunning views, conveniences, and short drives from amazing overlooks. Well worth the stay.

Unfair cancellation

After years of trying to get a Phantom Ranch reservation, I was thrilled to finally secure a spot for myself and my husband in October, 2020. However, I was just notified that my reservation was arbitrarily cancelled because of maintenance. I understand that repairs periodically need to be made, but I have no recourse. My reservation, even though it was very difficult to get, can not be moved to a different date. All that time I spent securing the reservation, all the plans I made to travel to Arizona, don’t count. If I ever want to visit Phantom Ranch, I have to start all over again. Incredibly unfair and disappointing. If you get a reservation, don’t get too excited or make expensive plans to visit. It can be taken away with no compensation. So incredibly unfair.

Several sites, feet from the edge of the Grand Canyon.

Free sites, t mobile and Verizon service, amazing views and sunrises. Hikes all around. 2 mile hike into the actual national park. Road is rough, very rough, but 2wd and moderate clearance is fine.

Right in the middle of it all

Tight quarters amongst other RVs but you can’t beat the proximity to the rim. A 5 minute bike ride and you can cruise along the south rim. The free shuttle bus is also a great way to hop along and see the various highlights. We’d stay here again!

Great location, a little noisy.

Great location, no reservation needed, but you do need to get there pretty early for a spot. Camping spots are really spacious. A little noisy. Bathrooms were clean and stocked other than soap.

Wow

We loved camping here. If you don't like a lot of people then staying on the east side of the canyon is so much better. Terrific camp ground and the host is the best you'll find!