Camping in Bushman Acres

90 Reviews of 16 Bushman Acres, Arizona Campgrounds

AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2021

As advertised

This campsite is a city park area. Lots of water activities, a big Park with playground equipment, great for families. The campground is quite a ways away from the park area, but a nice family walk. Clean, not "new" looking but pretty nice. I drove in and looked around before paying the $15 at the…

• there is my red Subee! taken from a 15' high... hill behind the campsite. Decided to do minimal setup this time because things.
  • The river is that close
  • Facing west from atop the hill
Month of VisitOctober
TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 17, 2021

Cow Pasture, mudfest!

Had a bit of difficulty finding this place and had to call Atlan a few times before we finally found it. In all honesty, this is really just a cow pasture near a big pile of abandoned tires(tv’s,vacuum,mattress etc.) and lots of freight trains w/ really loud horns. We arrived just in time for a…

• Trains are very frequent and loud
    Play button icon
  • Play button icon
Sitethere aren’t any
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2021

Bring mosquito repellant. Otherwise nice for an overnight stay.

Use these coordinates to get to the entrance/Permit Fee Station. 34.9696615, -110.6460427 (credit card only, $15)

I was looking for a safe place to solo car camp on my way to Colorado. On a Tuesday night it was just myself, an RV and the host RV. LOTS of mosquitoes until the rain started. …

• found my clam!
SiteG
kThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Wish we could have stayed longer

Needed to return our rented camper in flagstaff the next morning. Wish we had more time to stay. Grounds were clean. Nice showers, laundry and rec area. You get coupons for going to meteor yet if you stay as well.

J
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2021

Self contained only

If you want to be close to the petrified forest national park this is it. You can see the gate to the park it is an old event park that went under and now you can use for free. There is a paid area where you can get electricity but it is just a parking lot

Siteno numbers
Atlan J.
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

As the owner

For accurate coordinates and booking visit Google maps and site on the link. As the owner and lover of nature I bring an off grid private campground. Upon arrival you find yourself on a prehistoric lakebed, just nature. Away from it all on the off beaten path to get there but hey 1.25 acres for…

SiteJoeStar Ranch Under MilkyWay
Jason J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Met my needs

I stayed in as deluxe tent site for one night after visiting the nearby national parks. Restaurants within walking distance, pleasant staff. Facilities are ok.

SiteT1
TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 3, 2021

Simple but free

Used the free RV parking. There is a $15 with electric hookup version across the road too. The free site is strictly for fully contained campers. No car overnights, no tents. The museum/gift shop is stocked with tons of petrified wood pieces for sale. Bring lots of cash though… 😉

Alex S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 28, 2021

Incredible camping with some work

One of the best sites in all of Az. This is specific to dispersed camping around the lake as that is what we took part in. Lots of available areas where you can find seclusion and quiet surrounded by a beautiful area. We spent two nights off the lake that took some hunting to find but well worth…

R
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2021

Pretty View

This was a good emergency stop, but I would not pay 15 dollars again. The bathrooms and showers were closed. Be aware. Its not that cool at night and there are a ton of mosquitos near the water. I went to explore and discovered a beauftiful cat there. Not sure if he is someones house cat that…

SiteNear the water.
Raquel R.
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2021

Pretty view and safe

It was somewhat busy, but still quiet. You can faintly hear a train at night. I felt safe in my rooftop tent, but did hear coyotes around midnight. The view was pretty.

SiteWaterfront
LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Great campground

The camp hosts Chris and Jerry are wonderful. The camp was very clean and well managed. Each camp was like a little zen garden. Manicured very well and organized. The community toilets even smelled good!

Gillian C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Highly Used Dispersed Camping

Dispersed camping off dirt roads. Highly Used but still space for privacy. Fire restrictions in the summer. No cell service. Some groups were loud and some vehicle traffic throughout the night. Sites are not numbered, just camp near the road. Check out Woods Canyon Lake on the way in!

Elian M.
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Really lovely

Stars were amazing, the sites felt spaced out and private. I'd happily camp here again!

Kayla O.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Our go-to spot

We love to camp at the Mogollon Rim! There are plenty of sites to camp in, but it does fill up quick on the weekends. By Sunday afternoon, almost everyone is gone.

When you first come in there are sites closer to the rim, but these tend to fill up faster than the others. If you drive further back…

SiteRoad 169