Beyerville , ARIZONA

Most Recent Beyerville Camping Reviews
Patagonia

Stayed one night in a group site on the left large enough for six campers. There were three others when I stayed and one had a generator running non stop all day and night. This site,and the few other sites I saw, are right next to Harshaw Rd. which is pretty busy with fast moving traffic all day. Fire rings. No water. No hiking trails.

Patagonia has Old West character and Red Mountain Food is a good place to buy groceries. There’s a nice hiking trail out of Patagonia off Blue Haven Rd.

Excellent family site

This is a great campsite for tent or campers. It has great access to the lake and the fish are almost always biting. Bring the kids bikes so they can explore a bit and enjoy the sunsets.

Beautiful, easy dispersed camping

Loved our two nights here! We hiked the Arizona Trail, built shelters next to the RV and loved hearing the sounds of the wildlife at night.

Secluded

Dispersed camping. No amenities. The spots at the cieneguita camp are full Everytime we have camped at the preserve but there is plenty of open area to pick a spot. We camped just past the cieneguita sites tucked back in the mesquite thicket. The dirt at the spot we camped at was so fine it was like talcum powder so everything was covered in dirt in no time BUT it’s camping. You can hear periodic gunfire as this is BLM but people appear to be shooting in areas that are away from campers and towards hillsides. Super quiet otherwise and great skies without light pollution for looking at stars. Pretty cool spot.

Nice escape, nice drive

We have camped here for probably close to 20 years. Always at a boat in site because there is very little privacy in the main tent camping area. At a Boat site you, the kids and the dog can all be loud. It’s a small lake but worth the drive to escape the heat to fish, float, boat, hike or hang out at the camp. Has a small marina with rentals. Hot as hell in the summer but the water is there. Watch out for ants, they are everywhere.

Gorgeous, isolated, wild!

You could not ask for more beautiful or isolated place to camp in the Southeastern Arizona mountains. Amazing views, and wildlife that includes antelopes, bear, lions, and javelina. Campground itself is very clean and seems pretty pristine.

One of the reasons for that, doubtless, is the road up there, which is not for the faint of heart. It is unpaved dirt & rock, and one-lane with the occasional turnout. There are times when you are traveling within two or three feet of sheer drops off the mountain face for hundreds of feet. If your heart, your transmission, and your tires can stand it, it is an amazing and gorgeous drive. Those last four miles of road will take you approximately 45 minutes, as long as you don't meet too many cars coming down or up.

I had intended to stay there overnight, but knowing that I couldn't get down the hill quickly, with a friend telling me that the (human) coyotes can be problematic in that area, and finding that I had no cell service about the last mile of road, I decided that, as a woman traveling alone, discretion was the better part of valor. I'm going to see if I can get my friend to come up with me later this month, in which case I will amend this review. But I thoroughly enjoyed the drive up, a brief stay at the campground relaxing, and the drive down.

Close to water

The proximity to the lake is great!! The campsites themselves are small.

Nice and quiet

This USDA Forest Service campground is a very nice one. Nicely laid out sites, well maintained bathrooms. It’s easy to walk to the lake from the lowest tent sites. We stayed here in fall, and imagine it’s heavily used in summer. There’s a great trail around the lake. $20 as of November 2020.

Gorgeous and great escape!

The only downside to this campground is the road up, I would definitely recommend a higher clearance vehicle. My small car made it, but it was rough and I do not recommend taking a low clearance car, it’s pretty rocky and steep at times! However, the campground itself was absolutely amazing, not a ton of sites but I don’t mind that. There are trails near by, one by the group area that has signs throughout explaining the landscape and the remains of the mining town. Other more interpretive trails lead out to the edge of the mountain, with a killer view and small climbing opportunities.

Free but there are limits

It is peaceful. Occasionally you will end up with cows surrounding you. Happened to me. This campground is allowed up to 14 days, BUT that is every 6 months. Not the normal 30 days. I’ve stayed there many times in the past 4 years, they keep track.