The best BOAT IN camping near
Valley Grove , ALABAMA

Most Recent Valley Grove Camping Reviews
New owners have made this a better campground.

This campground is better since it has new owners.  Family friendly things to do for all ages.

A nice campground with great sites.

This has been a go to for several years.  Very family oriented.

Nice National Forest Campground

I arrived without a reservation trying to get one of the first come first serve spots. There is a gate without intercom, so you can’t just drive up. I called the phone number listed and the woman on the phone gave me the gate code and told me which sites were available. Worked out pretty well. Stayed in 22. One bathhouse is open. Another one I tried was locked due to Covid. Clean. Yellohammer sites have full hookup. Then there are tent sites. I was contemplating getting a tent site with my van, but they were pretty unlevel and small. There is a public boat ramp and one specifically for the campground. Water level was still very high in the lake after recent rains and storms.

Great

We loved it here. It was quiet and well maintained.  Employees were very friendly.

Nice area for RV camping and boating

I went here for tent camping and had a nice time but it was mostly families with RVs. There is a nice lake where a lot of people were boating as well. I did the firefly loop and I was the only tent camper everyone else was in an RV. Restrooms at the campground were closed due to covid. Also they emailed me the gate code and info to get into the campground but I didn’t see it until after I left. I luckily ran into the campground host and she was able to direct me.

Great staff and location

Jays landing has many amenities, full hookups, pool, boat docks, fishing dock and a nice area to gather near the River. Staff was very friendly and works with us on last minute reservations.

So close to great trails

This is a great campground which puts you near all the magic of the Sipsey Wilderness Area in the Bankhead National Forest. We last camped here in May 2020 on Yellowhammer 21 and there was a bit of a sewer smell in that area when it’s hot, so beware of that, but otherwise the campground is great. The trails in the nearby Sipsey are just amazing. If you go hiking, make sure you have AllTrails with a downloadable trail map before you leave the campsite, because there is not great cell service on most trails, and it’s easy to get turned around in some places. They also sell a waterproof Cart-o-Craft map in the stores nearby that can be super helpful.

Welcoming Waterway Campsites

2/28-3/3/21 Site 44 Brisk mornings (40’s) and comfortable days (50’s-60’s). We share the campground with less than a dozen other campers. Campground staff and other campers are friendly. Park attendant Bobby Owen chatted with us each morning on our walks as he made his rounds. He answered questions and made suggestions. Many sites (43&44) are paired and close together. We see a variety of waterfowl and a few bass fishing boats. It is a working waterway and we observe barges each day.

Wonderful Campground

The was a nice, quiet campground.  The site had plenty of space, level, and easy to back into.  there is a nice overlook and plenty of hiking trails.   We were on the yellow loop

Nice clearing along the water

This is a small but well-cleared site that would work well for a small group. Check out my other reviews in the area for a better overview of the hiking in Sipsey. This site has an established fire pit and easy access to (purifiable) water.