Yurts
About Sinks Canyon State Park

The Sinks Canyon Campground has 14 campsites. It is located between Popo Agie Falls and Sinks Canyon State Park, where the Popo Agie River disappears into the side of a mountain and then mysteriously reappears farther down the way. There is a trailhead near the falls that penetrates the Popo Agie Wilderness. There is a nearby rock climbing area on BLM lands. No trailers over 20 feet. Popo Agie is pronounced "puh-POE-zhuh." Amenities include one vault toilet, picnic tables, cook grates, and potable water.

National Forest
Sinks Canyon State Park is located in Wyoming
Directions
From Lander, go about 8.5 miles south on State Highway 131.
7 Reviews of Sinks Canyon State Park
Good?

My stay was weird (to me), as I got there late and left early and car camped and woke to snow I didn't anticipate and there were cattle grazing the area. I am not altogether sure I was supposed to stay but saw no posting to the contrary. Anyway, it was a beautiful spot. The creek is loud, which I liked, and the sun is beautiful rising on the hills.

Nice campground but check for best site before deciding

When I checked the website to make a reservation, it appeared all of the sites except the yurts were booked. In a panic, I booked a yurt for two nights. We were surprised that upon arrival, many sites were empty. The ranger at the visitor center explained that the website was very confusing; the only reservable “sites” are the yurts. Since others are first-come, first available, check out all the sites carefully as not all are level and some barely have enough room to park a car. Some back up on the river, which is nice. Our yurt was nice and clean. There was a mattress cover on the bed, which was not expected. A table and three chairs were a nice touch. You are expected to clean the yurt before departing. All sites/yurts have easy access to several trails (walking) but you do need to drive to see the Sink/Rise, which is very interesting. Pit toilets and no hookups. Water pumps are available.

Great Mountain Creek Site

This place is incredible. One of my favorite places and would go back in a heartbeat. The canyon road goes straight up and includes a number of small campsites along the way. We stayed at sinks canyon and had a great time. The sites are nestled against the beautiful rushing mountain creek. We enjoyed the hiking and swimming and got to love this special place. The rates are very reasonable and all handled through self pay. The camp host is awesome and has firewood and lots of stories. We spend two night but could have stayed a week or more. The paved sites are a bit uneven. So you will need levelers if parking a camper. The tent sites and yurts are very popular here. Highly recommend this one. The grocery store in Lander offers discount for campers if you produce your pass.

Perfect for Tent or Van Camping.

Small campground with vault toilet and potable water. NOT recommended for larger RV. Pogo Aige runs right through and good access to hiking trails. Be sure to drive the Loop Road from the Campground back over to Hwy 28. Found campgrounds there I will try next time. Don’t miss the Falls but be aware there is a change in elevation (stop at visitor information ).

Perfect

Perfect. I don't say it lightly, but… full disclosure, I'm from Lander originally. Camping here is like coming home, and you can't beat the fishing. Be sure to hike to The Falls!

Rustic and beautiful

Loved camping here. Arrived late, but still found a spot. Beautiful park, nice sites. Gorgeous hiking in this part and Pop Agie Falls trail nearby.

Climbing, fishing, hiking, Oh My!

Great place close to many very cool sites and activities! Amazing limestone climbing, although I prefer the Wild Iris crag. Fishing the Popo Agie is challenging but rewarding! The hike into the Popo Agie Falls is worth seeing!

Cost is $15/night. Camp has pit toilets, pottable water and level sites. Each site has a fire pit, table and grill with grate. Dumpster available and bear proof storage is available in each site which is a bonus! The camp close to Lander in the state park is superior to this campground. But this is nice with average amenities.