Activities

Lewis Lake Campground

6 Reviews

About This Campground

National Park Service

Lewis Lake Campground—elevation 7,800 ft (2377 m)—is about eight miles from the South Entrance and a short walk from the southeast shore of Lewis Lake.

ADA Access: No accessible campsites. Bathrooms and ranger station are accessible.

Site Types

For Vehicles

• Water Hookups
  • Max Length: 25 ft.

• Drive In
    Park next to your campsite
  • Walk In
    Park in a lot, walk to your campsite
  • Boat In

• 2
H
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2019

Nice, mostly quiet campground

Nice campground with some good views (we were on the outside of the B loop) and a pretty lake, walking distance away. We had great time. We had previously spent 3 nights at Grant Village and we found Lewis Lake to be MUCH quieter and more spacious. The only problem was the bathrooms. They were…

Isaac E.
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2019

Great area

Not to far from yellowstone lake , on lake lewis it is in the middle of the national park so you can get anywhere

B
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2019

Beware of the mosquitos!!

Okay so I go camping all the time and I get it, camping = bugs but this was the WORST I have ever experienced! At one point I looked over at my dog who had never had a problem with bugs while camping before and she was coated in a blanket of mosquitos. There was no escape and all of the sites we…

Lewis Lake Campground is located in Wyoming

Directions

Located on the road between the South Entrance and West Thumb.

Coordinates