Camping in Doak

71 Reviews of 12 Doak, West Virginia Campgrounds

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2021

Pretty Views

The park has some very pretty views and a great view of the lake. The non-hook up camp sites are VERY close together. We got in late and struggled finding site 25 that we reserved so we had to stay at site 24. Also, a little trash along the campsite when we got there, but it wasn’t too bad. Overall…

SiteSite 24
Month of VisitOctober
Stephanie V.
Reviewed Aug. 17, 2021

Family Friendly

We only stayed one night but it was a beautiful stay. Did a little day fishin’ even though there weren’t any catches it was still a great time. Family friendly site. A lot of bike paths. We had a really late arrival and it was such an easy process to find our spot. Clean and efficient campsite.

• fun fishin’
  • nuthin’ fancy fishin’
  • stars!
SiteC31
dThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2021

I’ll be coming back .

Nice, at the lake but not on the lake. There’s no swimming. No reservations. Friendly staff, nice sites, 54 full hook up, 6 no hookups

a
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Roomy park

Loved my stay at Audra State park. We were right on the river, surrounded by trees and could barely see the neighbors. Good walking trails nearby. It had a small camp store, and was dog friendly. I would definitely go back. The only warning is the road is narrow and bumpy so big rigs be cautious.

Heather The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Refreshing creekside sites

My campsite was on the river, which was nice, but people did come through my campsite at times b/c it was easier to get out there. The site was all gravel and shaded. The people running the camp store were lovely. I had my dog and the campground is very dog-friendly. Recommend this campground to…

• looking at the river from my site
  • big site
L
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Great little campground

Very friendly park staff. Extremely helpful

Sitecamp site 5&7
N
Reviewed May. 18, 2021

Beautiful campground, but...

This is truly a spectacular campground. Spacious separation between lots, very well kept, the bathrooms are immaculate. An absolutely beautiful setting on the crest of a mountain. There are 3 trails you can take right within the campground. The downside is no cell service for Verizon. I don’t take…

• Our campsite
  • Road to exit
  • We had the entire campground to ourselves for one day.
Erin M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Beautiful clean grounds

Our site was big and roomy. Plenty of room for a 10x20 tent and two vehicles. The water was beautiful. The grounds were clean. The staff were very friendly.

Chris S.
Reviewed May. 9, 2021

Seneca shadows

Great campground and the staff was very great and welcoming

Sited4
Jorden T.
Reviewed May. 5, 2021

Luscious greenery and river scenes

It was so great! I had never been to Audra and I went with my mom and pup and we had a great time. Stayed on a campsite right next to the river and could hear the rushing of water which was so wonderful. The camp is pretty small and the sites are close together and pretty close to the road but it…

EThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 1, 2021

Family Friendly

A very relaxing, family friendly place to camp! Visited here several times and the campground is always clean. If you have a boat, the lake is a lot of fun play on.

Harold C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Higher end campground offers alot

Nice campground it was early in the camping season. Vegetation was just taking off so, pics are a little drab. Nice golf course, lodge, little ferry boat. Take the clubs, maybe the pole, great fishing!

Sitelot 2
Month of VisitApril
Harold C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 27, 2021

McCollum campground

Very nice campground, the road though smooth the berm drops at roads edge so watch your trailer wheels. Just a couple miles away is Coopers Rock beautiful scenic views. We’ll be back

D
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2020

Clean trails and beach

The lake offers great relaxation and the trails around the lake offer pretty views. Only wish that there were more trails available because it’s so beautiful in that area!!!

Gary F.
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2020

Nice!

Super friendly camp host. He met us and drove us to the camp park because it was so dark. Spacious sites, and he is making amazing improvements to the park. Beautiful river setting.