Camping in Lake Roosevelt National Recreation Area

THE BEST Hike-In CAMPING NEAR

Lake Roosevelt National Recreation Area, Washington

Recent Hike-In Reviews Near Lake Roosevelt National Recreation Area, Washington

59 Reviews of 21 Lake Roosevelt National Recreation Area, Washington Campgrounds

S
Reviewed Aug. 22, 2021

Small area, small lake

This is a small little area off the road not too far. There was only one other person there fishing when we were there. The campsites are close together with no privacy between. They look big enough for a tent and this would be a fun area to float the small lake in a tiny boat and fish. We followed…

SiteDay use
Cayla H.
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2021

Peaceful

We loved this spot and will definitely be going back. Everyone was so nice and the bathrooms were beautiful and so clean.

Siteunsure
c
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2021

More than met our expectations both years we camped here.

Campsites are clean, well spaced so you aren't sitting on your neighbors lap. It's fairly spacious as far as the hiking and nature paths you can explore. Sites are limited, I think there might be a total of 17 or so, some of which are day use only, but we have FULLY enjoyed our stay both times,…

Site12 maybe, I can't recall
m
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Tranquil

Was amazed at how quiet and peaceful it was here. I had a smaller camp trailer that didn’t really fit but I was the only one there. The 5 spaces are designed for cars and tents. The lake was so tranquil and the lake cliffs were pretty magnificent to boat up against. All kinds of birds, waterfowl,…

• Play button icon
AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2021

Decent car camping

Sites are not shaded at all and very close together. Sites on the water are highly trafficked by other campers. Water was unswimmable due to swimmer’s itch contamination. Host was very friendly and bathrooms were clean.

Chris B.
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2021

Fun but crowded

Their campground has a lot to offer. With the good comes the bad. The camp spaces are packed together and the road I. And out is very narrow. All in all it is a nice day lace with lots of shade.

SiteGH2
Linda Y.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Be Warned

We went on the 4th of July weekend. The campground was crowded with families but also groups of adults. The families were great but the adult groups not so much. There is no host to monitor people so there were folks running their generators all night and others were up partying until 2 in the…

N
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2021

Crescent lake campground

An amazing campground ! A little busy but an overall amazing campground ! Clearest lake I've ever seen !

• night sky!
  • beautiful!
Ethyn G.
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2021

Great place w a beautiful night aky

The nightly call of the loons sing you to sleep as they howl to one another. The trout are in abundance but are some what if a challenge to keep hooked. Camp site are flat. Huge fire pits. And the night sky like you only see in movies!!

Tony N.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Great fishing Great people

Shout out to Patrick to say Thank You. Great stay with my RV. Full hook ups. A Little packed but the fishing was worth it. Breakfast was great. The stay was fun. Can’t wait to go again. I will book it ever year from now on

Sitec3
J
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Great Location.

This was our first trip to Sunbanks. Our friends go every year but I never get the time off expect this year. It's a great location right on the lake. You can bring your boat and dock it on their floating docks. It's crowded on holidays so book earlier to get a great spot. The only two complaint I…

• View from main rv drag
  • Lots of inland beaches to hang out at
SiteT72
Craig S.
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Best RV park I have stayed at in washington

This place is great. Super rustic, tons of things for kids to get into, water was clean, power was solid.

Heads up, your cell coverage will be spotty here. (Bring a book). :)

Donald C.
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Friendly area

Very nice state park. Well managed. Clean. Fishing was fair for walleye, bass. Hiking was abundant. Easy in and out. Could use cable along with water, sewer, electric, hook ups.

• open waters
  • the bay
  • boat launch
Site#146
Justice K.
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

Beautifully rugged camping

Spots are clean with fire pit and tables. Dirt trails on the water which is a beautiful little cove on lake Roosevelt. Bald eagles, and lots of bugs. Most often in the summer you can hear the big pow wows going on across the river at night. See a universe of stars and enjoy feeling close to nature…

• we call this "Heaven" Lake Roosevelt
  • The best part of Washington!
Tony R.
Reviewed May. 19, 2021

Good place to relax

Fun camp sites on the water with boat rentals!

Siteunsure