Everson, WASHINGTON

Most Recent Everson Camping Reviews
First RV camp in my life

Amazing service and amazing place

Kayak in to this tiny site

Accessible from only human powered or wind powered boats (or if you are really ambitious, at super low tide, you can wade over from Pearl Island). Reservations are required to camp in either of the two group sites. I was here with a group with a kayak outfitter on a multi-day trip. The island is really small- only one acre! There is no water here (ironic when you are surrounded by water), and you need to pack out your trash (there is a compost bin), but there is a vault toilet (pretty smelly, but better than nothing!). There are a few trees you can hang a hammock from, but not many. We had to paddle to Pearl Island to scrounge for driftwood for a fire. We were there just before the fourth of July, so we were able to see some local fireworks, and of course there was lots of sea plane noise during the day. Saw some harbor seals and lots of birds, and saw bald eagles on the paddle over.

Good stop for a night!

This is a good campground to pitch your tent for a night, if you need a place to stay. The bathrooms and showers are clean and the patrons are pleasant.

I recommend picking a site away from the main road (Meridian, very noisy at most hours) and you should be a happy camper!

We only stayed overnight. Nice. Lots of places to walk my dogs.

Excellent base for exploring with bikes.

Clean,Safe, Dog on leash friendly, Laundry, Shower & complete hook-up.

Spacious Getaway

We just spent two nights cold weather camping here. It’s a beautiful quiet park with very spacious lots. There is not a lot to do besides hiking, but if you are looking for peace and quiet in the woods, this might be the ticket.

Convenient Location. Clean, Basic, Nice

Flew in to the Bellingham airport, picked up a vehicle and arrived at Bellingham RV Park at about dusk (if you can't tell from the photos). Registration process was super-easy. Park felt safe and restrooms, area around the RVs were all very clean and homey.

Nothing amazing, but the location for what we needed at the time(close to the airport, close to El Monte RV) and a place to safely lay our heads was perfect. About$50/night, which, again, was what we needed at the time.

Also has a good amount of basic services nearby, including a gas station and 24-hour food. If we were in a similar situation and needed a place to safely sleep, we'd come

Park Creek Campground

This campground is located on Baker Lake Road. It is on the opposite side of the road as the lake, across from Swift Creek campground.

Park Creek campground takes reservations. We tried our luck with no reservations- on the Thursday before Labor Day Weekend- and we were able to score a spot for one night. There were several sites available when we stayed there, but it was full for the weekend.

We chose a spot that seemed a little more secluded than others, and it turned out to be a sweet little spot.. There was a place to park our car, a picnic area, a spot for two tents(sort of…we got pretty close to each other) and river access.

The campground has toilets and dumpsters, but no showers. There were two separate toilets close to us.

We were able to gather lots of firewood in the surrounding woods, so had a nice fire.

The great thing about this campground is its location. It’s right across the street from Baker Lake, and near some amazing hikes.

Very Civilized Camp

This campground was so nice and clean and was very well maintained. The bathrooms were spotless and the hosts were very friendly. Some really nice spots!

Great campground on Orcas

I kayaked in to this campground and though it's an awesome location it was a bit disappointing. WA State Parks did designate one of the campsites as a marine trails site (only for those coming in from the water), but the site wasn't clearly posted and was a tough hike from the beach with gear. I actually selected another site more accessible from the beach. All the other marine trails locations are clearly marked. The sites were also just filthy. Trash everywhere, fire pits full of trash and cigarette butts and I had to do significant cleaning of my entire site before I could even start to set up my tent. There were WA State employees there at the time so I mentioned it, but they said they didn't have the time to bother with trash pickup. Really? Isn't that sort of your job? On the plus side the composting toilet was great and the overall location couldn't have been better.