The best RV SITES camping near
Upper Brandon , VIRGINIA

Most Recent Upper Brandon Camping Reviews
Wonderful and peaceful trip!

What a great camp! A small family farm with 5 sites around the property. We chose site 2 for our family of three and a dog and it was the perfect size. The hosts were so friendly, and we were able to walk around and see the chicken coop, small lake, and barnyard with goats and geese. The campsites are great (about a 5 min walk apart), with a fire pit, picnic table, trash, and ours had a set up for a hammock. Even with what it looked like every campsite full, it was peaceful and pretty. Our toddler had a blast! They are a working farm so it was fun to have the option to buy eggs, herbs or wine. We picked up a t-shirt on the way out and will be back for the troller :)

First trip of the year

Close to home and our first time visiting this campground. The staff was very friendly and sites were well maintained. We stayed in Spadefish 3 which was right next to the pool and playground. Weather changes on us and was a bit cold and very windy but we still enjoyed every minute. Would highly recommend.

Extenuating circumstances

We arrived on opening day (March 19, 2021) for the season. They had unfortunately been a victim of the rain and the main road to the campground had washed out. Alternative routes were set up to enter and exit. I understand from reading other reviews that they can routinely have problems when it rains . We were placed in a small site in front of the check in location. We were pre assigned a site and not given a choice. The mud and puddles were so bad we couldn’t locate the sewer connection. But the next day they came over and found it for us and leveled out some gravel piles that had been dumped on the site. The site was level and gravel. A picnic table and fire ring was available. The roads are a bit narrow and there are lots of trees. Plenty of nice area to walk our dog. We didn’t use or even go in the bathhouses so can’t comment on those. All in all it was okay… as long as it doesn’t rain. It appeared there were some full time cabin residents and camper residents as well. Location was great and we loved going into Colonial Williamsburg from here.

Amazing !

My family used to get day passes during the summer we where unable last year because of covid but it’s an amazing family friendly spot

Great park for every day

Nice walking trails for younger kids and easy access from both sides or town me an my son come here all the time

A Good Overnight Stop

This place is a perfect stop for us on the way down south from Pennsylvania. Their pull-through site are perfectly sized. The campground is well-maintained and clean. This place makes it convenient to pull in, get your rest, and go. I’m sure it would be a great place to stay at to visit King’s Dominion as well! (we just haven’t used it for that reason yet!)

Impressed

Spent Halloween here on a last minute reservation and man were we happy! This campsite is remote to the rest of VA for the most part, but hey isn’t that what camping is all about? Site #16 was perfect. It was gravel site that was level and very well maintained. Possibly our favorite campground in a VA State Park so far, it was that great of an experience. Come stocked with food and water since I don’t think there’s any large food markets that are close by (I could be wrong). We had water hookups and electric. They also have firewood sold at the campground that they sell on the honor system.

Pretty nice campground surrounding a couple of small lakes

We had a personal guide to show us the location of our campsite. Campsites had wood decks which would be nice in warmer weather. Close to highway but reasonably quiet at night

Great place!

I’m bad with names, I must say very nice people I stayed a little over a month here.

Great place to stop

Such a lovely and supportive community. Feels like a neighborhood (lots of long-termers) Junie is so nice! We took a risk on this place in the middle of the night trying to outrun a winter storm and we’re relieved to see a “vacancy” sign (why don’t all campground have these?!) and hooked ourselves up and settled up in the morning. A little further from the highway than we wanted but this makes for a quiet and peaceful place to stop between Charlotte and Richmond.