Camping in Diamond Lake Estates

Recent Hike-In Reviews Near Diamond Lake Estates, Virginia

198 Reviews of 13 Diamond Lake Estates, Virginia Campgrounds

Mark N.
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Alot extra time to find your camp

I enjoyed my stay at this beautiful park. Couple of suggestions, when I went they were not renting canoes so doing any pre trip planning wasn't easy. The kayak/canoe round was not easy to navigate so bring your 3rd party map/GPS. The maps they provide are almost useless because it outlines the…

Sitecanoe in site 4
Christopher A.

Nice

We like the upgraded sites. But they lack shade . It was extremely hot that weekend. One small pool. Golf carts available.

Christopher A.

Great place

We always have a great time here. Music and bands and events usually on weekends. Plenty to do on the grounds, many pools available and good level sites mostly

G
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Shaded, Nice

Shady sites. Nice people. Easy access to beach with free parking lot or trolley. Well monitored entrance.

Bethany I.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2021

Very quiet and peaceful

We came for a weeklong working trip. I brought my laptop to work from home and this place was perfect. The view was beautiful and the weather was great at night to just sit outside and enjoy the view. It was a very quiet camp with a great dog park. I look forward to visiting again soon.

• sunset
  • happy camper
  • beautiful view
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Pretty good

Pull through sites are level. Sites are a little closer than I’m used to but it’s not bad because of the way the sites are on an angle.

T
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Great location near historic sites.

Clean, safe & filled with families. Lots of space assigned to each site. No septic per site but convenient dumping station. Large, spacious park with trails & other activities.

• One of the play areas
  • One of the play areas
SiteB66
Mark N.
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

It's A Swamp

This park was great but do recognize that is a true swamp. Alligators included. The water there does not move therefore is not recommended for filtering for consumption. The campsights are pretty close together so don't expect privacy on a busy weekend. The scenery is TOP KNOTCH! Absolutely…

• from the water access point of campsite 4
SiteCanoe in site 4
James T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Chickahominy park campground

Sites are level ,outdoor pool ,trails,boat ramps,fishing.you have the Chickahominy river in the James river meeting together. There are nice sites that are on the river. You're near Williamsburg Busch gardens all the outlets.

Site209 was in the open field
Anne F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 14, 2021

It’s ok

I know most people love this park but I’m not a beach sand mosquito loving person. Site was kinda small and not level.

Siteelectric and water
Month of VisitOctober
Heather The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 11, 2021

Big Campground! Lovely beach

Booked an electric/water hookup site for me and my friend, who has a camper- the site was smallish and close to other sites but still felt secluded. The beach was lovely- bit of a walk to the beach but worth it. Lots of trails if a break from the beach is needed. Bathhouse near to us was okay-…

Quintin M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 8, 2021

First trip of the season

We enjoyed our stay in site 66. Good shade and fir our stay great breeze. Bathrooms are plentiful with lots of hot water.

Our site could have used some gravel but overall a great place to spend a few days.

Month of VisitApril
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 3, 2021

Great beach location & snack bar!

Definitely loved the view of the water at the beach and the drinks at Jackspot. You can order them online and go pick them up - which we loved. Many options including smoothies for kids!

The spots were pretty tight, but we assumed as much. The bathhouse was superb! So clean and bright/airy. The…

• beach
IAN P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 3, 2021

Right on the beach!

Stayed here for a few nights. The sites vary widely in size and access so make sure you know where you are staying. We had great dune side site right next to a boardwalk to get out to the beach. Be careful of the tent sites, while many were under the cool and unique trees, others were partially…

HThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 27, 2021

Our Northern Estate, on the road

Nice campground, our 17’ tt on lot #283 a short site we fit fine, full hook up our sight was crowned and stone. Oceana air base is near, fighters flying by and over all the time, so loud so cool, wow! Free parking lot, down on Pacific and 9th at beach area, curtesy of campground. Huge camp store…

• this is what you might see
  • from the airbase area