Camping in Villa Montaige Condominium

359 Reviews of 63 Villa Montaige Condominium, Utah Campgrounds

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2021

I-15 traffic noise

Nice facilities, paved pull-thru and back in spots. I checked in around 8 pm and found no one at the entrance booths but there are provisions to leave a cash payment in an envelope and drop into a slot. The traffic noise from I-15 is quite present. It's very distracting and probably the loudest…

Olivia L R.
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2021

My favorite Campground and Host

Let me tell you about one of the best hid secrets,  It's this place! It seems to have started out as a fishing spot at the reservoir and expanded into a campground many years ago. The camp host Stevie was amazing.  I have never seen a campground so well-cared-for. I was also there for a week on my…

Site4,7,19,21,23
Eric F.
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2021

Love it

Close to home, beauatiful sites.

C
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2021

Antelope Island

Great place to see some wildlife and you are still relatively close to the city. I saw Bison, coyote, cool spiders and tons of birds and insects.

• lots of Bison.  you can get pretty close and stay in your car
  • view back towards the city
  • pronghorn sheep
C
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2021

Mill Hollow site 5

8800 ft of elevation—escape the heat. Great fishing. Site 5 is my favorite, just a short walk to the reservoir

• There is great fishing in Mill Hollow Reservoir.  Rainbow trout and tiger trout (shown in picture)
Rebecca W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2021

Great camping if you’ve got ATVs

Tons of dispersed camping areas along the 196. We stayed about 12 miles off of the I-80, on the east side of the 196. Beautiful views, wide open spaces and super quiet. LOTS of mosquitoes and flies. We brought a 30’ RV with a lifted Ram 2500 and had no problem driving over the washouts. Lots of…

• View looking west from our site
  • Great hiking nearby if you could avoid all the bugs
  • View looking northwest from our campground
Site40.586664 -112.707144
Bill M.
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2021

Easy and quiet

Set up was easy, drove past the BLM sign about half a mile and stayed on a flat open area. Mosquitos were terrible, bring bug spray! Happy camping!

TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2021

Nice and quiet

I pick up a new rv locally and need some time to pack out the new rv. Stayed 3 nights. Very quiet and would recommend.

Sitep8
David H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 28, 2021

Love It!

We live so close we’re at this park all the time. Spent a weekend camping with friends. Got lucky and lined up the three spots in a row right by the creek (last three before the trail up to the falls). Was a great time with good people. Bathrooms were clean and camp host was nice and helpful.

tThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 26, 2021

Close and yet far away

A wonderful local campground close to Salt Lake City up big Cottonwood Canyon. Best for self contained camping. Clean flush toilets with good showers.

J
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2021

Great place

We were treated like royalty by the staff. The facility had wonderful laundry and bathrooms

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2021

Got the job done

We were road tripping through with no reservations. The whole South Fork area has many campgrounds. Magpie is the first and one of the smaller of the campgrounds as you drive up the canyon. We drove through all the campgrounds and didn’t find any hosts to talk with to find out if we could occupy a…

• looking back towards the entrance to the small loop and the host site
  • large concrete pad you can see all the overgrown vegetation in the background
  • proximity to road
v
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2021

Awesome

Awesome

Rob M.
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2021

Nice campground!

Lots of trees and fire pits. Nice hiking trails around. It gets cooler at this elevation so bring a jacket even in the summer.

J
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2021

No dogs allowed

Not sure why this doesn’t tell you that you can’t bring your dogs. Seems like an important piece of information