Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 60 ft.
Kiptopeke is located in Virginia
33 Reviews of Kiptopeke
Great Park Stay

Nice easy back-in sites, full hookups in good working order, and friendly hosts. Great walking trails, boardwalks, and beach access. Arrive early to choose shady spots.

Yurt!

Honestly, I forgot to put the pics on my other review. Here’s picture of the yurt. Only complaint was the the yurt windows were not facing the bay breeze, so we had to make a wind tunnel

Large park with great yurt!

We really enjoyed camping in a yurt. Great dog beach as well!

Cape Charles Virginia

This park is a nice place to bring your family to camp, fish , crab and relax by the beach and collect seashells . It has 2 beautiful beaches ‘ one that allows pets and the other does not . There are wooden boardwalk trails in the park and a few of them leads to different areas on the beach . We used 2 of them that were wheel chair accessible. The campsites are a bit tooo close for me . I don’t like camping right on top of people and as soon as I walk out of my tent there’s people on every side of me ! I did enjoy the fishing pier and got to catch fish I have never seen before . One being a searobin . By the way a searobin crocks like a frog when you grab it and I did learn they have sharp spines on their gill plates and dorsal fins that inject a mild poison, causing slight pain for two to three days. So be careful!

Solid park and campsites close to beach/pier

Clean facilities, close to beach and fishing pier. Only gripe is tent sites and interwoven with RV sites with little privacy.

Great place.

Very nice. Full hookup sites. Beach with surf fishing and a nice fishing pier open 24 hours. Will be a regular spot for us.

Great Place for boating walking and beaching

Virginia has some wonderful state parks and this is one of my favorites. Its got a nice beach, boat launch and a couple miles of hiking trails. The lovely town of Cape Charles  with an even better public beach and restaurants is close by. I use the park as a base for exploring the barrier island on the ocean side by kayak.

Early Fall Camping at Kiptopeake is awesome!

We love this campground and have been all months of the summer, but this was the first time camping here after Labor Day and I think it might be my most favorite time of all!

Kiptopeake is a very popular park for good reason and therefore the campground and beaches are usually pretty crowded. We came here the last weekend of September and it was awesome! There was a much chiller vibe, the beaches were not crowded at all! We watched a beautiful sunset on the beach with maybe 6 other people there.

We chose to reserve a non-specific tent site and when we got there late on a Friday night had most of the site in loop D to pick from, so we got a great one! Site D-13 was close to the bathrooms and amenities. Nighttime was nice and quiet!

The slightly cooler and less humid weather made tent camping much better than mid-summer sweatfest, but the water is still warm enough to swim. Highly recommend coming here in the Fall!

Awesome place for the kids

Great beach and fishing pier! Camp sites are spaced well, about 30 feet for each. They have a mix of pick your own spot and reserved spots. Full hookup for the pick your own site.

Awesome

Very clean and enjoyable personnel where very friendly