Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 40 ft.
Baker Park Reserve is located in Minnesota
22 Reviews of Baker Park Reserve
Well financed campground

Great family camping. Bring your boat, bike, and in-line skates. Bathrooms and campsites are in excellent condition. 6.2 mile paved trail. Nice beach, mature trees. close to Twin Cities. If you've never camped before this is a good first introduction.

Nice lake with big beach area

This campground was nice and the bathrooms were nice and clean. They have nice walking trailers to the lake and beach area. They lake and beach were nice and has a big sanding beach area. You an bring you boat with you. The only down fall was the location of the fire pit. It was located closer to the neighboring campsite and was awkward to use because it was behind the camper and you would think it was the other campsites. The site were very close together and had no privacy. The site had electric but no water.

Great

Great

Beautiful trails and beach

Ok so the trails and beach are beautiful. I wish we could have spent more time at both. I still owe my son a canoe trip which we unfortunately didn't realize until the weekend was over that it is only open for rentals on the weekends.

The campsites themselves from what I saw were nothing special. Typical crowded campground campsites. There was plenty of space but no privacy…not a complaint just the observation that would make a difference for me depending on what I was looking for.

There were both portapots and running water bathrooms. The only portapot I used was not disgusting but definitely could have been cleaner. The sheet said the last time it was serviced was a week ago…it looks like its done every 2 weeks to a month…it probably should be done at least once a week. The main bathrooms also were not disgusting but not super clean. It just felt like your typical busy bathroom that probably gets cleaned once a day but should be cleaned twice.

There is a family bathroom/shower that we loved but only had one shower stall in it…as a family shower two definitely would be more convenient. The showers in the main bathrooms were spacious for a campground and clean. You can't control the temperature and it never really regulates sometimes it's so hot I had to jump out sometimes its cold…but most of the shower its somewhere in between.

As a whole we really enjoyed our week at this campground and would definitely stay again

City camping gem.

Baker Park near Minneapolis Minnesota was a our camp choice for inexpensive camping on the last leg of our Minnesota vacation in 2017. After reading a lot of Pinterest reviews I’m glad we stayed at this camp. Managed by ThreeRiversParks.org (make your reservation here) this is one of the cleanest camps I’ve ever stayed at. It was crowded with RV’s and tents alike but it never seemed loud or cramped. The shower house was very clean and roomy and an easy walk from the camp sites. We didn’t take advantage of the nearby lake or other numerous activities because we used it as a base camp for the Mall of America. You’ll need to book for at least two nights and book as soon as you can. There are 200 sites but on the July weekend we stayed, I’d say almost all of them were booked. The camp staff are very friendly and you’ll need to get checked in before 9pm I believe because they close it off to paid guests after that. The camp was pretty quite for as full as it was. I did notice that local law enforcement did patrol the camp a couple of times each night but it felt very safe to me. I’d definitely recommend this camp and the next time we stay we will check out the hiking trails, lake, and playground for sure.

Family friendly

Lots to do! Bike, walk, swim, boat or play in the field.

great place close to the cities

we love to camp here. Access to lake independence. A lot of biking trails. Nice clean bathrooms. Nice park for kids just a small hike away. Plus a decent amount of rentals.

Great for the active family, not those wanting privacy.

This campground is a gem so very close to the Twin Cities. The sites are good sized, and the bathroom/showers are great. With great fishing, playground, swimming, and biking trails very nearby, the kids were kept as busy as they wanted to be. The sites are about as private as the typical state park, so not very, but that is offset by all the other positives this campground has to offer. I highly recommend this campground for a quick weekend stay or a good place to spend an extended holiday weekend.

Family Camping Close to Home!

We went with a ground of friends (all families with young kids). It was the perfect place to easily get in, set up, hangout, and just relax. The sites are fairly large, but very open (which was ok with a group of us, not our style when it's just us though). The bathrooms and showers are nice and clean, some of the best I've seen at a campground!

The lake is nice. There are 2 swimming beaches: 1 for the campground and one for all of the day visitors. You can rent canoes, paddle boats and SUP boards, and many people bring their own boats (although they do charge to park your boat trailer unless you bring it back to the campground and they limit the number of boats on the lake at a time). There is a nice 6+mile biking trail that connects to others, so bring the bikes.

It's a great place to spend a weekend close to home, but feel like you are getting away!

Great for families

We arrived on a Wednesday. We stayed in campsite d7. Although a bit muddy due to recent rains, there was wide open space around our site for kids to run and play games. Firewood available at office, dump station and fresh water available for rvs. The beach at lake independence was great with umbrellas in place, restrooms and tons of play areas.

Black Friday Gift: 6 months of FREE PRO camping features. Get Your Gift