Equestrian
Hike In
Garner State Park is located in Texas
41 Reviews of Garner State Park
Great Family Fun

The floating, tubing and swimming are great! There are several hiking trails with awesome views. The park is crowded most of the summer, especially weekends and holidays. Planning ahead is essential, but the new day use reservations will make things easier. We gave camped and visited Garner for over 40 years.

Amazing!

This is a beautiful park west of San Antonio . The water is clear you can see your toes. Rocky bottom so you need water shoes. Gets very packed . I love it!

Garner State Park , November 2018

This park is great for families, so much to do here. We tent camped two nights here in November 2018 and loved it. The Frio river can be heard from most campsites providing a nice relaxing experience. There are many bathrooms with showers, all very clean. There are plenty of stores, a food truck, kayak and paddleboat rentals, mini golf, a laundromat, and great challenging hiking trails. We hiked to old baldy and to both caves, all trails were marked well.

Best park I've been to so far!

The best thing about this area was the view I could get at the top of mount Baldy. Such a gorgeous sight and a fun climb up! The park was clean, people were friendly, and the area I camped at wasn't in Garner (the sites right across the river) but it was still a great spot next to the river. Only downside was when we went to go floating, the water was super low, but that won't stop me from going next year! Because of the all the different activities you can do, there's never a dull moment!

What a lovely spot

I have stayed here twice, once in one of the cabins and the last time I camped with a group. I just love this park. The Frio River runs along side it. There are enough large hills to hike to challenge any hiker. The first time I went there was a butterfly migration that took my breath away.

Who wouldn't love this place.

So popular its hard to get a reservation. Great sites! lots of camp stores, very large camp ground

1st Timer

Went camping here for the first time. Me and my family really enjoyed ourselves and would love to return or even venture out camping somewhere else soon.

my happy place

this is our 7th year in a row to camp at Garner. The park gets crowded but once you're inside everyone really spreads out so it doesn't feel that way. We tent camp at the Persimmon Hill water only campground. It's quiet, spacious sites and if you get on the outside loop on the river then you have river access. Great trails in Garner to hike and the Frio river is always cold so it's a perfect place to cool down. Clean restrooms and showers, great camp store, food truck. The nightly dance in the summer is my teens' favorite thing, they've made friends all over the state. Beautiful drive and many close by drives to take as well

Lots to do here!

I didn't get to stay here long but you can tell there's absolutely lots to do here. It's right next to a river and in the mountains/tall hills. definitely good place for families and group camping. This place even has its own laundromat which was kind of nice because the one night we dis stay all our stuff got rained on pretty good and had to wash all of our stuff. We did get to siwm in the river and the river was beautiful and clear. Wish we could have done more here but we were only here for one night. Definitely going back to stay longer to be able to experience the whole experience of this park. They have tons of long hiking trails that you can camp on, fishing, floating, kayaking, Exedra. Also this is definitely a park that you need to plan ahead for and get here early because it gets really packed with people coming in and out. It's a very popular Park.

Amazing family friendly

Garner state park has been one of my most favorite campgrounds in south texas. From the months of July through August..Garner hosts multiple events and a nightly dance at the dance hall. .Most campgrounds here give you access to the frio river. During the summer months, the campsites get reserved up fairly quickly so maybe a week in advance will do. Great state park with many things to do!