Equestrian

No WiFi
Cedar Hill State Park is located in Texas
21 Reviews of Cedar Hill State Park
Quiet. Nice.

I stayed in rv campsite 270 on a peninsula and a nice view of the water's edge. The roads in this park are absolutely terrible. The winds were high (over 20 mile and hour wind gusts). And it rained a lot.

I stayed during the week. Not a single other site was taken within 300 yards. Because of the recent rains, most of the trails were off limits. And they have a pretty bad argentinian ant problem this Fall. So, I didn't get to go hiking any. But, I bought some ant killer and sprinkled it around the perimeter of my pad and no ants in the RV!

Overall, it's nice. Well kept. And I was pretty much alone here for my entire 3 day stay.

Big and Beautiful

Had a great time at this park. The site was perfect and level. Grill and covered picnic table. Excellent for hiking and boating. You can’t go wrong with Cedar Hill State Park.

It’s okay

It’s okay but it’s too pricey for how small it is. Good representation of Texas wildlife and a good spot for family camping. Lots of traffic and places for rvs and such. Good trail system

Stayed here many times

This is a nice State Park. I’ve probably stayed here close to 2 dozen times.  The whole park is finally open again after flooding a few years ago. Friendly staff, several trails, spaced out sites for the most part, great swim beach, beautiful views. The biggest negative for me is the noise. You can hear traffic noise from just about every site I’ve stayed at. It isn’t enough to keep me from coming back though. Great park.

family fun

I've been camping here plenty of times as a kid growing up in Cedar Hill, TX. My family and I would camp in the spring, early/late summer, and fall months. Plenty of sites have a campfire grill and picnic table along with electrical outlets. Good camping sites for "glampers" who have to have Internet access and electronic use. Finding/reserving a campsite is super easy at the welcome center where you pay an entrance fee to the park. Plenty of lake to share with other people at this state park. My brother would go fishing at the smaller ponds here. At some campsites, you can here the traffic passing by on FM 1382, but if you can sleep through that noise, you'll be fine. Plenty of hiking/biking trails as well. Great to bring pets. Bathrooms are available as well near many of the campgrounds.

Ants!

Nice lake but there were fire ants and chiggers all over our campsite!

Large state park and well maintained

This great park offers ~400 campsites along Lake Joe Pool. Lots of upgrades taking place in the park but worth checking out. Bathroom and shower facilities are available throughout the park. Shopping is within minutes drive from park. This is a favorite park of ours!

Wish it was open

Partially closed due to flooding

Ants!

Fire ants and chiggers all over! But the lake was nice.

hopefully itll return

cedar hill was always my favorite park to camp. however flooding and other issues have reduced the number of cool, on the water or sites with a nice view to practically zero. still its close to dallas, has activities for kids and helpful staff.