About Cedar Hill State Park

Hike In
Cedar Hill State Park is located in Texas
19 Reviews of Cedar Hill State Park
It’s okay

It’s okay but it’s too pricey for how small it is. Good representation of Texas wildlife and a good spot for family camping. Lots of traffic and places for rvs and such. Good trail system

Stayed here many times

This is a nice State Park. I’ve probably stayed here close to 2 dozen times.  The whole park is finally open again after flooding a few years ago. Friendly staff, several trails, spaced out sites for the most part, great swim beach, beautiful views. The biggest negative for me is the noise. You can hear traffic noise from just about every site I’ve stayed at. It isn’t enough to keep me from coming back though. Great park.

family fun

I've been camping here plenty of times as a kid growing up in Cedar Hill, TX. My family and I would camp in the spring, early/late summer, and fall months. Plenty of sites have a campfire grill and picnic table along with electrical outlets. Good camping sites for "glampers" who have to have Internet access and electronic use. Finding/reserving a campsite is super easy at the welcome center where you pay an entrance fee to the park. Plenty of lake to share with other people at this state park. My brother would go fishing at the smaller ponds here. At some campsites, you can here the traffic passing by on FM 1382, but if you can sleep through that noise, you'll be fine. Plenty of hiking/biking trails as well. Great to bring pets. Bathrooms are available as well near many of the campgrounds.

Ants!

Nice lake but there were fire ants and chiggers all over our campsite!

Large state park and well maintained

This great park offers ~400 campsites along Lake Joe Pool. Lots of upgrades taking place in the park but worth checking out. Bathroom and shower facilities are available throughout the park. Shopping is within minutes drive from park. This is a favorite park of ours!

Wish it was open

Partially closed due to flooding

Ants!

Fire ants and chiggers all over! But the lake was nice.

hopefully itll return

cedar hill was always my favorite park to camp. however flooding and other issues have reduced the number of cool, on the water or sites with a nice view to practically zero. still its close to dallas, has activities for kids and helpful staff.

Great activities!

Coming here was so relaxing!! The lake was my favorite part! There are some great options for activities for the whole family. We enjoyed swimming, hiking, biking, and playing games on the grass area. One great trail is the DORBA Trail- this is a great biking trail!! So glad we brought out mountain bikes. Our dogs loved the lake- great place to cool off. The campground was also nice! Big spaces so you didn’t feel like you were right next to your neighbor. Enjoyed roasting marshmellows at night. There is a great burger joint down the road, also! Great burgers and shakes :). Highly recommend!!

Very disappointing

Their website shows very nice spots, but that was not the case at all. Our 5th wheel is 34 ft and the first spot we were assigned was not large enough for the camper. All the spots are small, and there was a major ant problem. Website advertises wifi, but there is only wifi at the office, not in the camping spots. We reserved for 10 days, but only stayed one. The park is on a beautiful lake.