Equestrian
Hike In
San Angelo State Park is located in Texas
5 Reviews of San Angelo State Park
South

Wide opens fields surrounding the lake, shelter/shade type enclosures and boat launch

Beautiful, spacious state park

We stayed here for 4 nights in early May 2019. We stayed in the Red Arroyo Campground at the South entrance of the park. The best thing about this park is the amount of space between spots. Plenty of space between you and your neighbors. The park is beautiful and very quiet. When we were there the wildflowers were in full bloom. Spots are water and electric only, but there is a dump onsite. We had spot #13 and it was steep, but we were able to tuck our 30ft trailer at the bottom where it leveled out. No levelers required. The park has many trails for hiking and biking. Some of the trails were a bit muddy, but they had recently had rain. Cell phone service was good. We were able to get internet through the hotspot. Overall, it was a nice stay and we would stay here again. $20 price reflects camping fee only. Day use fee is $4 per person if you do not have a Texas State Park Pass.

Bison and longhorns

So many trails to do but so hot when I went. Loved the view by the lake. Restrooms were not very clean but the park host were very friendly. I did almost all the trail in the week that I was there, I even picked up the trash that I found along the trail, a whole trash bag worth. Be careful of ants, got bit by an ant why setting up the tent.

Good fishing

Stopped here on my way through Texas. It was clean and the showers had hot water. The lake has fish in it if you have a boat. I kayaked the entire thing and it took a few hours. There aren't many trees to hammock camp from so bring a tent or RV. Hosts were nice. Good place for an overnight stay.

Wide open and flat!

I stopped here for the night on my way to Arizona. It was a good place to stay overnight. Nice and flat and level. No trees, no shade. Certainly would not want to be here in the summer. I did have a nice view of the lake.