The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Woodland Hills , TEXAS

Most Recent Woodland Hills Camping Reviews
It was decent

There wasn’t much to do but it was still fun, there is a bait shop and fishing dock area, the roads are gravel. There are cabins and places for your Rn/camper. And a boat “shop”.

It was decent

This was a very fun experience but they did not have to many things to do. The main thing we did was go fishing because there wasn’t much more to do. It has some good places to ride your bike around the campground with your friend but there not much more. There is a bait shop with minnows and lures and there is a boat “shop”.

Grassy, open, kinda noisy

Very pretty lake views and tons of grass. My dog loved going for runs through the grass (while on her leash).

They had some showers and toilets working again when I went. Hot water was very nice! Not the cleanest bathrooms but not the worst either.

Sites had electricity, water, and covered picnic tables. Trash cans were readily available.

Gate keeper was SUPER friendly and let me know what to do if I needed assistance.

Would recommend

Great spot

Tent camped at site 60 which was great! Right off the water and super close (but not too close) to the restrooms. Weather for us was rough with high winds the first day but the next two were beautiful! Lots of wildlife, as we were pulling into the park we saw lots of deer..and throughout our stay we were visited by some Canadian Geese. The fire circle comes with a grill but it’s pretty small, and this specific site isn’t very level but we found a spot for our tent. Definitely coming back!

Great spot right on the water

We stayed for a night in site 40 on our way south. The site was large and right by the water. The bathroom in that little loop had been destroyed by vandals, but there was a really nice one the next loop over. Will definitely stay here again if we’re in the area.

Very Quite Weekend

Nothing to complain about. There was only 1 other camper within eye sight. Pretty site with water front views.

Pretty Park

It’s a gorgeous park and I’d hate to leave a bad review just because we went at a bad time. Our weekend was filled with rain and wind but the last day we were there was gorgeous and we were able to explore. The campsites aren’t numbered which was confusing and there wasn’t any cell phone signal. (Verizon). Bathrooms were nice though and had great hot water. It’s a kid friendly park with playgrounds and plenty of room to play without to much traffic. We will definitely go back in the summer for our kids and get a more accurate experience of the park.

I've never actually Stayed, but the facilities are nice

These grounds are just for those participating in events at the center. Lots of equestrian and ag show events. In the last 10 years or so they have put a lot into improving the grounds and made them really nice. Though, to be fair, I have never had to stay over night on the grounds. Only visited.

Best of the three!

There are three VOE Parks on Lake Navarrow Mills and in my personal opnion Wolf Creek Park is the best. We camped here all the time when I was a kid. Navarrow Mills is a fantastic fishing lake. Tons of Crappie and catfish. The facilities are what you would expect from a COE park. Concrete table farily level sites and best of all easy water access.

Really Nice Campground, BUT my God the ants!

Liberty hill is a very beautiful campground but there is a serius issue with the invasive Argentian ant. This is a great campground to spend a few days or weeks relaxing and catching fish. Lake Navarro Mills is well know as the best Crappie fishing lake in Texas. Navarro Mills Liberty Hill Park features a fantastic fishing barge that is covered allowing you to fish no matter the weather. Our visit to Liberty Hill Park at Navarro Mills Lake was a real treat with one minor exception, Argentine Ants, these can be a real issue when RV camping at Liberty Hill Park as this invasive species is out of control at Liberty Hill Park. Want to see more fun RV tours and RV camping videos? Visit my channel here… https://www.youtube.com/c/BobBarkerRVGuy