Channel Wood , TEXAS

Most Recent Channel Wood Camping Reviews
Beautiful spot. Great cell service. Free.

We spent 2 weeks here during the winter. It’s a really quiet spot with a few other RV’s here and there in the beach. We have AT&T and cell service was excellent. Weather was good while we were here although it got pretty windy a few nights. Tents may be difficult. We were in a 26’ travel trailer so it didn’t bother us much. Sand is easy to drive on. Note that the location that this app links you to isn’t correct. If you take 87 almost to the tip of the peninsula (towards the ferry) and turn onto rettilion rd. you’ll arrive at the beach.

Easy access flat beach camping

Half mile stretch at end of access road to left is nice beach with dunes and free dispersed camping. Other sections require permit (on line or in person). Watch tides and weather, but really easy safe beach with big views. There are of course oil tankers visible and so not a pristine natural area. Adjacent to a preserve. Excellent.

Greatest experience.

Check the weather! I was there the night of a tornado watch. 70 mile an hour winds and heavy rain. Got alerts on my phone but I had about 6 drinks and did not want to risk those problems, so I braved the storm. Very humbling experience. To be fair, the weather was clear when I started the 500 mile journey to this spot.Weather the other days was great during sunlight. Bring a shovel if you want to start a fire and please be cautious about the winds blowing in. I could very easily see an unsupervised fire causing a devastating event. Nothing better than waking up to the ocean sounds or hearing them with a fire. Bring firewood if you enjoy fires. It's 10 dollars a bundle in town. Unless you wanna drive 50 miles. Great place, a bit of trash but, if you're able. Do your part with some gloves and fill a bag. I filled a bag in about 20 minutes. Would recommend to anyone, and I will be staying there anytime I can get a week to stay. Tide didn't come up closer than 15 yards to the the dunes,, even during a crazy storm.. Safe travels!

Great Park!

Great park with an amazing location.  Everything you need is very nearby.

Free dispersed camping right off the gulf

Let the ocean put you to sleep. We stayed in November, the temps were perfect to a little cool. We're about 17k pounds and had no issues driving and setting up on the sand. It is pretty, there are shells everywhere, and, not many others camped here at this time.

Crowded

Nice place, however, very crowded as there isn't much room for camping.

💔's

Come drop your whole hard earned check just a few meters walk from here and watch the most depressed women get to pay there bills.

Words can't describe

How random and sketchy this lil spot is. Nobody about that life in there though. Just weird in there.

Not too bad

Stayed here recently and it was “ok” didn’t like the fact that you have to park away from your camp site and walk everything in, especially when there are “roads” that lead to the camp sites. Also didn’t appreciate the camp staff riding their gator around camp well after 12am with their head lights shining in our camp.

I had a great time, can't say the same for my son

I had a fantastic time  but I can't say the same for my son.  He never been camping before, loves X-Box….