Alpine, TEXAS

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Alpine Camping Reviews
Brand new RV Park

Stayed here for 5 nights on our way from Big Bend NP to Carlsbad Caverns.  If you are looking for fancy this is not the place.  It is a work in progress.  But all the sites are level, pull thru with both 30 and 50 amp service.  It is centrally located for all the attractions in the area particularly Fort Davis National Historic Site and McDonald Observatory.  They have plans to add bathrooms and a laundry facility.  The connections are all new and water pressure is excellent.  Cell service is good - TMobile 3 bars 10 down/6 up, Verizon 4 bars 10 down/19 up.  Verizon tower is within site of the RV park.  They do have wifi available but we did not use it.  At only $20 a night for full hookups while they are new you can't beat it.  Buster and Pam are great owners.  They have been very accommodating.

Overnight Rest Stop

Very clean, new rest area with slots for overnight. Felt very safe here.

Love love love

Love this place. Nice everything. No online reservations so go old school, pick up the phone and call them.

Beauty in W Texas!

We only stayed here one night passing through west Texas on our way home, but I’m glad we discovered this place. The camping was pretty close together, so I’d probably want to find dispersed camping when we go back, but the campground had full hookups, bathrooms, and showers. The campground was also about 5 minutes from town, and Fort Davis is pretty adorable. The stars are amaaazing out there, though. So pretty! We definitely had some critters who visited us during the night because our dog’s water bowl was chewed up! Will go back.

Awesome

I stayed here very briefly because I had to leave quite early. Considering how hipster this place is, self tent camping wasn’t terribly expensive ($20) but you can also stay in some pretty cool yurts, teepee, retro trailers, or even a luxury tiny home. The whole site was well maintained and very quiet the evening I was there. The camping area has tables, trees for shade, and a hammock grove. They have a really cool shop with clothing, books, etc, and the staff was very friendly with great recommendations with things to do and where to eat. Bathrooms were semi outdoor (roofless but private) and well maintained. By far the most exciting for me was the outdoor private shower. Also roofless but covered in vines and outdoor string lights. I could have showered for hours.

Beautiful state park!

For many years Ft Davis was one of our regular destinations during spring break. That part of Texas is breathtaking in the spring. We have had javelina come through even investigate our tent. So be sure to keep your spot clean and store all your food properly.

There’s a great hike that goes from the state park to the historic fort that I would recommend. It can be semi-strenuous but it’s well worth it.

Fun idea but could be so much better

The park is close to Marfa and a very convenient location just outside the town, close to the road (good and bad). Close to the train but what isn’t in Marfa. The train only comes through a few times a day and was not an issue for us.
We arrived to find our name on the board and information about check in. Our assigned site was #6, a horrible site that really only had grass behind the hookups so you would always be walking around the trailer to get to the grass area. We called and texted the two numbers available and then moved to a spot that was not reserved (#4) which had a small tree and a very old and damaged picnic table which cost us an extra $20 (worth it but really for a tree and a bad table).
The surrounding sites did not have much shade and only a few had trees and I don’t remember seeing any other tables. Lots of ants everywhere but I i am not sure if anything could be done about that.
The bathrooms were very clean and functioned properly. The washer and dryer were a nice addition and asked only for $3 for using them which was reasonable. The kitchen area really needs some cleanup, looked like no one had used it or cleaned it in months, dishes in the kink and piled in the drainer, kind of a mess all over. The common fire pit was grown over with weeds and not very inviting.
This place could be so much more with a little TLC and cleaning.

Off the Grid!

We stayed here for 4 nights and couldn’t have asked for a better stay! A lot of wildlife come within feet of your campsite; we saw mule deer and skunks and a bull snake during our stay. We didn’t have cell service at our campsite but did when we went up the scenic road. The park isn’t but a few miles outside of Fort Davis and you can get cell service there if needed. Also, there’s fuel/gas, a grocery store and a few restaurants in Fort Davis. Balmorhea is approx 45 minutes away and Marfa is only about 30 away and you can’t not go to the McDonald Observatory that’s only 13 miles away. Lots of fun places to explore here!

Best Texas state park

My family and I enjoyed the park. I have 3 boys, 4 month old, 5 & 6 year old, they had a blast. The weather was perfect, high 90s and low 60s. The park and views are just breath taking. Love that the restroom are very clean. We stayed in campsite 70. FYI very little shade, no water spout on site, and restroom are a little far. We went during the 4th of July, and went to the top of the mountain to watch the fire works. Very nice park, we will definitely be back.

Always fun

Love the natural spring pool. It was our first time coming after renovation and it’s still beautiful. I bought a online day pass for between 8am-3pm and it was great. The weather was 100 degrees and the water was nice cold. The whole family enjoyed. I would definitely be back, worth the 8hr drive from Houston.