About Rock Island State Park

Hike In
Rock Island State Park is located in Center Hill Lake in Tennessee
28 Reviews of Rock Island State Park
Crammed Together

We drove through here scouting out camping spots while we were staying at the cabins. I was disappointed in the campground considering all of the other state parks that are close by. The sites are very crammed together and not very level. We have a tiny pop up camper and I think there was only a handful of sites that we would even consider. With that being said, the area is beautiful with lots of hiking near by. If you are just looking for a place to pitch a tent, this place could be alright. We typically don’t stay in cabins, but we did for this particular trip. I do have to say that Rock Island has some of the best I have ever seen! We also recommend Foglight Foodhouse for dinner. It was amazing!

Super quiet but close sites

Very quiet and small state park with so-so level pads. The sites are very close together. Very. Great for families with multiple campers.

Multiple use area.

Excellent campground for campers, pop ups, tent and cabins. Water and electricity on each site. Well maintained, camp steward on site. Clean restroom and bathhouse w/hot water. Plenty of pavement for kids to ride bikes as well as playgrounds and volleyball court. Swimming and fishing area minutes away. Pavillion and playground with multiple picnic areas. Several hiking biking trails. Excellent roads for biking also. A definite go back to.

A hidden TN gem

This campground is one of my favorites in the entire east & middle TN area! It's a great state park with all the amenities, where you can bring the camper and the whole family to relax. It's always quiet and full of very nice people, and I've never had any animal problems there. There's access to a great area for kayaking and swimming as well!

Adventurous fun

This campground was a great place to explore the gorge and twin falls was a great trail to explore. It is a bit of a more experience hike through the gorge

Fun place!

Great hikes and random places to jump into the water.

Family friendly

lots to do, hiking trails, kayaking, swimming

also so some of the most beautiful waterfalls you will every see

Nice shady place. We really enjoy are self. Took the dogs kayaking.

Electric and water only and on the why out you can use the dump station. But have no complaints. Near are home so we can do weekend easy there.

Beautiful area with many activities

I stayed in the tent-only loop - a small group of 10 sites. It was quiet and had many trees for hammocks. Thus site offers level tent pads, a grill, fire ring, and picnic table. Clean bathrooms and hot showers available. The nearby swimming beach was great for the kids. Many short hiking options available. Make sure to visit the ranger station for a map and safety rules during water releases.

A Beautiful Shady Get Away

Rock Island State Park is situated in the middle of Tennessee. The park itself is surrounded by beautiful forest and some pretty great and easy hiking trails. The falls themselves are a sight to see. The main waterfall is beautiful and looks dramatic against the rocks and fauna.

When we went, the trail to the falls was closed. So I advise being ready to do other activities - the park offers a lot of sights to see other than the falls. There is a great sandy beach which you could spend time skipping stones into the water.

All around, the staff is nice and helpful!