The best RV SITES camping near
Westel , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Westel Camping Reviews
Beautiful spot

While this campground is beautiful, the gate is still closed for the season. Website says it will open mid-April, so should be available soon!

Top 10 TN Campground

If you've never visited this campground, just go ahead and put it on your list.

I had never visited the area before and didn't know what to expect. It's a small state park close to Big South Fork.

We stayed in site A21. It's one of the bigger sites and it's off to itself. Probably the only negative I have to say about this campground is that the site wasn't level. I spoke with the friendly staff at the visitor center and she explained that they had recently leveled all the sites, but the rain over the week prior (5.5") had just washed the dirt away. We had friends join us that tent camped in a level spot on the site. So it could totally work for that! The site had water and electric and was close enough to the bathrooms to see it from the site, but not smell it.

The trails though…. oh my goodness, the trails. We stayed 2 nights, so we dedicated 1 day to Pickett and 1 to Big South Fork. 1 day for each was just not enough.

On Saturday, it rained off and on until late afternoon. We were aware of the weather and packed our rain gear. We hiked to the natural bridge and it did not disappoint!! From there, we hiked to hazard cave. The Hike had so much to see!!! We did get a little confused thinking that the cave was a Rockhouse (my boyfriend got confused anyway…) so we hiked on. If you have the time, I do suggest hiking on. There's a lot of cool rock walls and formations to see! Once we got back to the parking lot, we crossed the street and hiked to the Indian Rockhouse, which was also amazing!!! We did all of these in just a few hours. After that, we made our way back to camp for dinner. The site had a fire ring with a grill grate as well as a standalone grill. After it got dark, we made our way to the astronomy field. I've never seen so many stars in my life!!!! It was breathtaking!!!

The next day, we made our way to Big South Fork. We hiked to the Needle Arch and Slave Falls on the same trail. Both were spectacular!! That trail was my favorite of the visit and with an the rain from Saturday, the fall had a good flow. From there, we made our way to the Twin Arches trailhead, which is another phenomenal trail.

I cannot say enough good things about this trip. If you like hiking and seeing awesome things, this is the spot for you!!

Top 10 TN Campground

If you've never visited this campground, just go ahead and put it on your list.

A great spot!

I have stayed here multiple times and Kelli and Wayne (the owners) never disappoint. Everything about the spot is great and they have pretty much everything you would need (except alcohol as the county is dry, so bring your own). Great location and great food! This is my go to spot when out riding.

Must do!

This is a huge state park!  It seems overwhelming and crowded at first.  The campgrounds are massive, but the campsites are spread out just enough to make you feel like you are in a small campground.  Do some hiking!!!!  After a short hike away from the roads and you feel like you are in the middle of nowhere.  The views are spectacular!  We were there in April where the weather was perfect!

A+

An all around great campground!!!!!

This is a terrific campground in the Cherokee Natl Forest.   Sites have electricity.   Water is accessible to fill tank before you park a camper.  The trails were wide and clean.

Great family campground

We stayed at campsite 81 and it had plenty of room for our family of 3 human and 2 K-9's. Very pretty area and the playground close to us was a great benefit. Highly recommend the campground but some spaces are tight and blindside back. Added: The lady running the Rangers station was the absolute nicest person so far at all the State Parks we've been to.

Nice clean campground

Excellent service

Horrible management.

Management not available and only very limited buisness hours. Manager does not look into issues jumps to conclusion. Over charge for what they offer. Play ground is in need of repair.

Relax and be refreshed

Very nice campsites, adequate size. Nice area with picnic tables and beach area. Best thing to us was the hiking trail that we walked with fresh blueberry bushes on our side. Fairly easy trail to see beautiful waterfall. Pet friendly