The best WALK IN camping near
Englewood , TENNESSEE

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Englewood Camping Reviews
Really beautiful

This place has a lot to offer: hiking, waterfalls, put put, playgrounds, lake views and paddle boats, standard hook up sites, etc. Its high in the mountains and its got great views. Two small issues took a star off, the campsites are pretty close together and they aren't maintaining some areas. Took a pretty nasty fall on the put put golf course because it was muddy and slick. I will definitely be back though and really enjoyed our stay. Missed the snow by a day though!

Great location and accommodating staff

We stayed here during Thanksgiving break 2020. We had a great spot on the river. The staff is very helpful and accommodating. We needed to work and do school while there and the Verizon cell service was limited and the WiFi signal was not great at our rig. The Lizard Lounge has a separate WiFi but you have to be inside or just outside to use it. Amazing river views and very close to the entrance of the National park. After walking around the river front patios are amazing followed by the river front decks.

Cable Gap Shelter

First shelter south of Fontana Hilton on the AT. Nice little shelter, originally built by the CCC. Rebuilt in 1988. Water source close at hand. Not many leval tent sights. Has a latrine ! No reservations…first come, first served.

No space even in November.

Full of permanent residents.

Heart of the Smoky’s

Pros:

• beautiful and scenic
  • Near great trails
  • lots of wildlife - saw a bear!
  • clean and quiet campground
  • camp store nearby
  • easy enough to get to with an RV
  • reserved same day

Cons:

• campsites are kind of close to each other
  • no dogs allowed on trails (I know that’s pretty common for national parks, but it’s still something we look for)
BUSY!

Harrison Bay SP near Harrison, Tn is obviously a popular park. I arrived on Sunday and the crowds were leaving. And yet the park was still crowded. Nice lake , good fishing. There are several sites on the water and plenty up in the woods too. These are nice sites. Paved and for the most part level. Depending on where your site is there is a lot of room to set up. Well maintained park. A lot of activities to keep you occupied.

Overall quiet and fairly priced but some long termers bring down the qualit

So this campground is in a decent location not far from town (Knoxville) and right off lake inlet and A26 is right off lake. Only regarding my location its been quiet and people keep to themselves other than being neighborly. May get a bit more noisy on weekend as people roll in with kids and pets. Laundry is adequate and fairly priced and bonus takes credit cards for payment (no looking for change). Its a bit run down but for 38/night for full hookup and weekly rate knocks off a night its not bad. There are some long termers here that bring the aesthetic down with very old campers and trash and older equipment and cars around but around my area its clean, so I only see it on my way out the loop. The advertised wifi doesn't reach the campsites though so don't depend on it and when I connected at laundry to test it was like a 1/1Mbps speed. Cell Data signal isn't great here either. I have a dual LTE router that I was only getting ATT 3G signal with normal antennas but once I connected the exterior antenna I had been waiting to install I got 4 bars ATT LTE (105 dbM) so I can pull a ratty 30Mbps down and 15Mbps up. I also have a Visible sim but its kinda limits at 5Mbps on good signal but it has 5 bars Version LTE, so actual verizion customers may get better signal.

Clean, Fun and Beautiful!

This was my second trip to the Cumberland Mountain State Park Campground. This campground has everything you need and nothing you don't. The prices are reasonable and the hiking trails within the park start right next to the campsites. The campground has clean water, plenty of hookups and is so incredibly quiet.  This is one of my favorite campgrounds.

Beautiful spot, great view

Absolutely loved staying here! We took out boat out on the lake and enjoyed the view of the mountains, especially through the morning fog. We also had a great time window shopping the nice homes in the area!

A Staple in the Scouting Community

One of the best campgrounds, hands down. As an Eagle Scout from around this area, this was our go-to place for summer camp and occasional other camping trips as well. With a large lake, open field, and well maintained roads and accommodations - Woodruff is one of my favorite camps!