The best GROUP camping near
Timmonsville , SOUTH CAROLINA

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Timmonsville Camping Reviews
A stop we use while on 95

Full timers who come past this campground now and then. This is our 3rd time here in just over a year. Being only a couple hundred yards from 95, you do here traffic noise. Quiets down during the evenings. At the moment this time, they are not accepting Passport America like they had last two times. This is because it is under new management. Management is friendly and helpful. Campground is clean. Bathrooms and showers clean too! Would definitely recommend for an overnight stay, especially when the get the PA set up.

A great stay near Congaree!

We stayed here for our visit to Congaree (about 45 min away). The road getting in is a little rough and it’s surprisingly far into the park, and I would highly recommend getting there in daylight hours, but it was still pretty easy to find our spot and set up quickly. The sites are covered in moss-dripping trees and the park is really beautiful. The bathrooms were clean and well kept and our camp hosts David and Beth were so kind and helpful. Remember your firewood! It’s a bit hard to get a hold of the Rangers to purchase any. We loved our stay!

Convenient, clean, safe, and fun

We stopped here for an overnight and were thrilled by the facility. It’s perfect for an overnight or a day. Plenty of paved pull though sites. Fenced in and safe. You can walk to the restaurants and shops at South of the Border. We ate at a fine steak house. We will stop there every time we are traveling on I-95. I’ll add a photo in about a month when we stop there again.

Great getaway

I have stayed here multiple times. I really love setting up on the water sites and having my kayak and fishing gear ready to go. The golf course is excellent and price friendly. Easy to get to nearby towns if one chooses to get to civilization.

Trails abound! Drive carefully.

The pros: Poinsett State Park has some of the best hiking and biking trails in the Palmetto State. You could spend multiple days camping here and have a chance to hike different trails every day.

The cons: It's not easy to get in here with anything bigger than a full size pickup. The park road is very narrow and uneven with lots of large pot holes. The road to the campground is a little better, but also very narrow. It would be difficult to pull off to let another vehicle pass without fear of ending up off the road or hitting a tree.

We enjoyed the variety of hiking options here. It would be great if the state parks service could direct some funding to repairing and widening the roads and repairing some of the trails that were damaged in the 2015 flood that are now impassible.

A mirage

It looks nothing like South Carolina as you enter the gates. After half a dozen ups and downs and right turns you find yourself in a clearing and a large parking lot, a lake and a ranger station. Around the clearing are more than a dozen trails for hiking or MTB. It's a "mountain" in the low country.

Secluded.

Entry road very rough. This is an older campground that needs work. Shower house very clean. Campground host nice. Not many campers because of a cold weather which is why we did not check out the park.

South Carolina fun.

Lots of nice, well marked trails. Be careful; there are also unmarked trails. Great showers.

Timely Escape!

This was a timely escape for us just as COVID was spreading in the states. Unfortunately this prevented us from being able to rent kayaks. But the hiking was great! The camp sites were on the smaller side but opened up to a large field area where the kids and dog could run around and play. Shower and bathrooms were tidy and spacious too.

Great Park

I stayed at this park because the one in Congaree was full and I’m very glad I did! It took a good 45 minutes to get to Congaree but it was a pleasant drive. I walked on some of the trails in the campground but didn’t touch most of them. I definitely need to come back with a bike! I stayed at tent site 36 and felt like I still had enough privacy from the sites beside me. The bathrooms were well taken care of.