Prosperity , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Prosperity Camping Reviews
Terrible experience TW- lewd behavior

Hopefully one off!!!

We were lounging about, reading in my car, when a truck with two male NPS staff pulled in right next to us. One staff proceeded to give the other staff a blowjob. Hopefully not realizing we were there. As two solo women we were nervous about the lewd behavior and just left.

Great staff, cozy park

Arrived here for two nights in the tent after Myrtle Beach. Site 46 is not terribly even, but it's well situated inside the loop. The park is clean, the tent pad is a good size, and the amazing aroma of pine is one of the natural highlights. Unfortunate that the camp store closes at 5 pm. So one must drive to Publix for firewood. The closest Walmart has $2 ice bags.

Something for everyone!

Dreher Island was a great camping location! We stayed at tent sites 1&2 which was kind of like having our own private compound. If coming back again I would book tent sites 1-3 to claim the whole area! Other parts of the campgrounds seemed to be on top of each other and more sloped to access water. Access to the lake was a breeze from the site; easy to walk in the water and to get the kayaks in and out. Fishing was convenient from the shore. Bike riding was also great here although time did not allow for much of that this trip.

If interested in renting kayaks or paddle boards, I highly recommend Paddle South Outfitters. Travis was awesome and delivered kayaks right to the site and picked up too! Super nice guy!

Bathrooms were very clean and not a far walk from the campsite. Would stay beyond 2 nights next trip to explore more.

Easy Lake Access

My wife and I visit here often. Great access to the lake. Convenient to Charlotte metro area.

Great campsite !

Looked on Dyrt to find a camp ground on the spur of the moment and chose Dreher Island State Park and glad we did! Beautiful view of the lake and very nice and peaceful.

Campsites and views, oh my!

First time staying at Chester State Park. Checked in at the Ranger’s station with friendly staff and a small store front with ice available. Picked pull through site 16. All 25 of the sites are on mostly level ground. The lake from the campground has a fairly new access via a ADA compliant walkway with lighting leading to swings, benches and Adirondack chairs surrounding a rock fire pit. There are benches facing the lake for sitting and or fishing and a new deck that provide even better views of the lake. The trails are well marked and wide that run along the lake edge. There is fishing, kayaks and canoes at the boat dock for rent and to our children’s disappointment no swimming in the lake. The other side of the park has the boat dock, playgrounds for the kiddos and plenty of grassy areas and picnic tables for sitting by the lake. Also there is a professional disc golf course on site. Last but not least the bathhouse is up to date, clean and well stocked.

A Great Way to Spring Break!

Stayed here in late April 2017 and loved the experience. The "drive up" campground still requires a small hike from the lot to the individual camping location. The primitive campground can be quite possibly one of the quietest places you ever camp depending on the season. Going in the spring, the bugs were practically non-existent, and we stayed out all night taking pictures of the night sky and talking around the camp fire. The experience is every bit what camping should be. We also met some great people at the campsites near the parking lot. Campgrounds are right off of the hiking trails, and there are no RV or camper sites. A backpacker's paradise!

Very nice and clean

Paved campsites. Clean bath houses. Nice shores, not too rocky. No red clay.

We will be back!

Even though we had a few rainy days we could see the beauty of this park. Clean heated restrooms in Winter is a bonus. Lots of things to do for all ages. Helpful and friendly staff.

Needs improvements

Not a big rig friendly area. Our site was 30 amp, no sewer. I backed in the way I was told to and realized our water and electric were on the curb side. Had I known this ahead of time, I could have maybe pulled in another way. The service from another site was less than 3 feet from my power inlet to the camper. I called to make sure it would be ok to plug in there and they said no, even though no one used that site. The bathhouse was well below standards and really just unusable. I’ll pick another place if I’m ever in the area again.