The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Mount Pleasant , SOUTH CAROLINA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Mount Pleasant Camping Reviews
Great place for a weekend.

This is our first time to this state park. There are 2 separate campgrounds. One that is right on the beach with plenty of beach access and the other that is called Live Oak campground. This is the one we stayed at. The sites are all level with hard packed sand. They are rather small sites though. Deepen enough for a fifth wheel but not very wide. Your fifth wheel and your truck is all that will fit in most sites. Not a lot of extra room left for all your accessories. The tails are great and be sure to bring your bike. The only negative is the amount of Ticks that your dogs will pick up if you take them on the trails. Be prepared the are tiny little devils! The park is right off a busy highway so depending on the site you choose you will hear a lot of roadway noise. We were in site # 89. Next time I will chose one well away from the highway. All and all a beautiful place for a weekend getaway!

Beautiful campground!

Camped at site 32 in mid-November and site and grounds were both beautiful and very well kept. Staff was extremely friendly and attentive. There was a nice walking/biking path around the campground and downtown Charleston and Isle of Palms beaches were both close by. We are already planning a return trip.

Best SC beach!

We just spent 3 great days on liveoak #109 and partied on the beach side with friends in #72 and #70. The beach has fabulous shells of all types and the surf was roaring- even heard it over at Liveoak! The restrooms are extremely clean and the little town is right next door(bi-lows is convenient) with great restaurants you can walk or bike to. Plan to come back many times!

HORRIBLE DO NOT GO!!! WOW

Wow, where to begin….. So I attempted to schedule a horse back riding event for my fiancé' and I for her birthday(thought that it would be cool to take a ride on the beach) I filled out the info online and left the page to double check the distance. When I came back to the page it had already taken payment and the 17 miles away was really 95 miles driving distance. I IMMEDIATLY called OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER again and got NO response or answer! Also, woke up the next morning at 7am to start calling AGAIN. Guess what no answer. Ill put my bottom dollar that if you call this establishment right now that they will NOT answer…. IF YOU CALL and they do answer the phone Ill pay for your next ride(look me up) IF they dont….(DO NOT DO IT!) This was the response that I got….. After calling 20mins after accidently signing up and also the other 20 plus times…..(AGAIN NO CALL BACK they sent me an email AFTER the fact!! bunch of crooks!!)"I will not issue a refund as it clearly states this information on your sign up." OK…. WHY didnt you answer the phone at all or call me back???!?!? I have a nephew who is 8 years old that gets back to people faster… He needs to get a job there and I bet that I could triple your intake overnight just by answering the phone and calling people back… Communication is everything!! they have NONE!! wow. DO NOT GO HERE!! Instead you should totally check out Seabrook Island Equestrian Center. They call you back and also want to earn your business not just take your money.

Very nice campground

We really enjoyed our to night stay at this campground. The site are nice and generally spaced well. The baths are updated and nice. We walked to town for lunch and coffee. We will return again for a longer stay.

Lovely place

My husband and I had a wonderful time kayaking in the salt marsh and walking on the nearby beach

Better than the pictures

We had low expectations, but were extremely happy with this place. The pictures online do not do it justice. Lots of water around and some trees.

It was a little bit of a drive into Charleston, but we don’t like to camp in the hustle and bustle of a city about 20 minutes to downtown.

Operators were very nice. Back-in spot was a little tight, but fairly level. We were very close to bathrooms that could have been cleaner but were handy.

Shower facilities were clean and the laundry room was big. We didn’t get a chance to use the pool, it was cute.

Good Location to Charleston

Good location for those wanting to visit the Charleston area without the hustle and bustle of the traffic. Close to Edisto beaches as well which is a good spot for the beaches. The campground has a great laundry facility, bathhouses were a bit muddy though from the rain we had. The pool was lively with guests having good fun and conversation. There is a mix of full-timers, those staying for long durations and folks like us passing through.

We love this park

Amy and I have camped at the Live Oak section of the park multiple times (twice this year). We love it. Trails for bike rides or walks. Close to beach. Great staff. Private campsites. We stayed in site 94 this past weekend. Good sized site. Water is very close to front make sure you have enough hose. This site backs up to the main road. You can’t see the road, but there is some traffic noise.

Nice park

Stayed 10 days in site 20 with our 39ft 5th wheel. Overview: The park is very clean and well kept. On weekends it was packed, Weekdays 1/2 capacity and quiet. There is access to the Edisto River for swimming, canoeing and kayaking. Park is in the boonies but within an hours ride to Charleston and many nice tourist spots. All sites are sand and some crushed stone. Outer ring sites are divided by foliage. Inner sites are much closer together and back to back.
Cons: Our site was listed as 45x75. We were lucky if it was 25x47. It also had a tree in the middle of it making it tight to back in the 5th wheel toy hauler. Their site descriptions need to be updated on their website. No cell service or wifi. MOSQUITOES!! We couldn't sit outside due to the little vampires. They did spray pesticide at 1 am 2 nights before we left. However, they didn't warn us they were doing so. So anyone with windows open or in tents breathed it in. If you're allergic to poison ivy be careful. It's everywhere including the sites.
Overall its a nice place to stay for a short visit. Bring lots of bug spray.