Milmont Shores , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Milmont Shores Camping Reviews
Great place for a stop.

Not too far off of I-26 about a half mile down a well-maintained gravel road. Plenty of level campsites. Two out houses that seem to be cleaned about once a week. Fire pits and picnic tables at most campsites.

Tent camping only.

Hike in and tent camping only. No amenities.

Basic state campground.

Hiking trails. No sewer hook ups but water and electric which is standard for SC state parks. It is in the middle of town and nothing to really see.

Fun, friendly, clean!

one my fave spots! Kids love it! Summer stays booked. Books up 13 months in advance holiday weekends. Tons to do and see for all ages Even on rainy days

A National Park in my backyard!

It was a pleasant stay at Congaree. As a SC resident I was surprised to learn we had our very own National Park and just had to take the short drive from Charleston to experience it - glad we did! The sites did not have water or power but were a decent size. We stayed at tent site 1 which was right at the beginning of the Bluffs Trail. We took our 2 dogs hiking to the boardwalk trail which led back to the Visitor Center.. this was a decent 3+ mile hike our dogs were pooped! Overnight guests should be prepared to gather your own wood as none is sold on site. You can also get water from the Visitor Center (which is a better drive than walk if carrying a large or multiple jugs). The bathrooms on the campground part were essentially glorified port-o-potties (a building surrounding a hole in the ground). The Visitor Center was a better bathroom experience. Overall, I would return here to camp. The hikes were not too challenging but the boardwalk provided a unique experience!

Great Place to Explore

Unfortunately only walk-in sites - individual and group. However site #1 is only 100 yards from the parking lot. Sites are well spaced with an easy path/trail to them.

I was very happy to see all the prescribed burning in different areas. It’s still beautiful and it will be so much healthier.

Visitor center is a short drive or east hike from the campsites. Right now Covid has most of the exhibits closed, but they are still open with some souvenirs and drinks for sale.

A boardwalk makes for an easy way to take a comfortable look into the swampy forest and if that is too removed for you, trails are available as well. If you take the trails it’s a good idea to check in with the ranger station at the visitor center and get the daily conditions and advisories.

Loved the park despite the very cool and misty weather. There was a symphony of bird sounds!

We had at least one bar of Verizon service at both camp and the visitor center.

Beautiful scenery

I've been going to this place since I was a kid. It's grown tremendously over the years and it's lost it's campground appeal with all the fancy things they have put in place of the woods, still a beautiful place.

Met our needs

Very well taken care of campground. Vault toilet was clean. There are a couple pull-through spots. We were the only campers there. $5 a spot.

State park

Very quiet and very well maintained!! Clean and friendly people camping in the winter time.

Better than Thought

Easy access from I26. Spent a week here and really enjoying it. Has 21 spots. All have legal gravel pads, fire rings with grill bars. Vault toilets clean and trash containers serviced. Within good driving distance to larger towns. Access for bigger rigs too. Ranger Bob was here and talked to him. Real nice and informative. 5.00 to me is great for the peace and quiet. Arrived after hunting season, informed was busy then. 4 or 5 come and go.