The best DRIVE IN camping near
Milmont Shores , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Milmont Shores Camping Reviews
Wateree State Park, Fun for all!

Wow, this place is nice!  Beautiful setting up on Lake Wateree,  Plenty of Campsites and very reasonable.  So Much to do here, They have a swimming area, Fishing area and a dock for boating.  Great Place to meet new Friends.

The bathroom/Shower house is always clean!  I love Wateree State Park.

Fun, friendly, clean!

one my fave spots! Kids love it! Summer stays booked. Books up 13 months in advance holiday weekends. Tons to do and see for all ages Even on rainy days

Enjoyed our stays.

Good views and boat access. It is relatively small and reservations are difficult to get.

A National Park in my backyard!

It was a pleasant stay at Congaree. As a SC resident I was surprised to learn we had our very own National Park and just had to take the short drive from Charleston to experience it - glad we did! The sites did not have water or power but were a decent size. We stayed at tent site 1 which was right at the beginning of the Bluffs Trail. We took our 2 dogs hiking to the boardwalk trail which led back to the Visitor Center.. this was a decent 3+ mile hike our dogs were pooped! Overnight guests should be prepared to gather your own wood as none is sold on site. You can also get water from the Visitor Center (which is a better drive than walk if carrying a large or multiple jugs). The bathrooms on the campground part were essentially glorified port-o-potties (a building surrounding a hole in the ground). The Visitor Center was a better bathroom experience. Overall, I would return here to camp. The hikes were not too challenging but the boardwalk provided a unique experience!

Great Place to Explore

Unfortunately only walk-in sites - individual and group. However site #1 is only 100 yards from the parking lot. Sites are well spaced with an easy path/trail to them.

I was very happy to see all the prescribed burning in different areas. It’s still beautiful and it will be so much healthier.

Visitor center is a short drive or east hike from the campsites. Right now Covid has most of the exhibits closed, but they are still open with some souvenirs and drinks for sale.

A boardwalk makes for an easy way to take a comfortable look into the swampy forest and if that is too removed for you, trails are available as well. If you take the trails it’s a good idea to check in with the ranger station at the visitor center and get the daily conditions and advisories.

Loved the park despite the very cool and misty weather. There was a symphony of bird sounds!

We had at least one bar of Verizon service at both camp and the visitor center.

Relaxing

Found a secluded spot away from everyone..just to relax. Mission accomplished.

Beautiful scenery

I've been going to this place since I was a kid. It's grown tremendously over the years and it's lost it's campground appeal with all the fancy things they have put in place of the woods, still a beautiful place.

Snobby vibe

I was a guest of someone who was living in a 5th wheel and we were made to feel very unwanted and we ended up leaving a couple of days after arriving.

Quiet

Stayed only overnight at this park. Very quiet park, bathrooms were closed to overnight guests so didn't get to see them. Full hook ups(including sewer) which were easy to access. Spots were SUPER close together and no picnic tables, but great spot to stay for a night. We camped at Broad River Campground in a Travel Trailer.  Campground is pretty far from restaurants, grocery stores, etc so plan accordingly.

Great Lake Side Campground

We love state park campgrounds and Lake Wateree State Park is a great one. Sites are right on the lake, paved, spacious, clean, well maintained with fire pits, water, electric and picnic tables. It is mid-way between Charlotte and Columbia. Quiet, relaxing and just nice place to getaway from the hustle and bustle.