The best BOAT IN camping near
Judson , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Judson Camping Reviews
Beautiful campground

We stayed here this past weekend and absolutely loved it. Our site was #40 and it was right on the lake. There is a skunk that comes up to your site at night but he doesnt bother anyone as long as you dont scare it. Very beautiful and peaceful campground. Friendly staff. Definitely going to return again.

Amazing

Friendly staff, nice view, little small places for big rigs, but I would recommend

Pretty and convenient.

20 minutes from downtown Asheville, we got to enjoy the city a little bit while also camping. Campground and staff were great but campsites are extremely close together (we stayed at hard times loop), some of the RV sites at Big John Loop seem to have a bit more privacy, however those are completely paved and not suitable for tents. We have Verizon and usually get service everywhere even spotty locations but our phones hardly worked there and definitely no internet. We got lucky (due to the cold I think), the site next to us was empty until our last day. The showers kinda suck, it’s a few seconds of timed release, if you’re trying to get clean and wash your hair having to keep pushing a button every 30 seconds that the water goes out is pretty annoying, specially when it’s so cold. And the lack of pressure and position of the shower makes you have to almost lean on the wall.

Very nice location

The walk from parking Roth’s camp sites was easy and not far. The campsites are decent sizes and decent space between sites. Unfortunately it rained the entire time we camped otherwise would have been perfect. Will definitely come back to these sites again.

Lovely visit!

We stayed at Lake Hartwell State park in stie 98 which was a lovely lakeside site.  The sites on either side (96, 99) all shared a path to a small beach with lake access.  Most other sites in the Wiggins Loop did not seem to have lake access- exceptions being tent sites and the cabins.  There was some privacy and the sites were decently spread out, but since they were staggered a bit you could definitely see into other sites.

Nice camp store with helpful staff and firewood for sale.

Place was packed over the weekend but cleared out Sunday.

We loved this place

Nice campground, nice facilities, nice trails.

First solo trip - perfect spot!

I decided to stay at Lake Powhatan for my first solo camping trip and campsite 063 was the perfect location. I was right next to the campsite host and the bathrooms, so I felt safe the whole time. I went during the week, so despite being next to the bathrooms, it was very quiet. The only downside to this site was the picnic table was directly on top of the trees, so my hammock was almost directly on top of the table. But other than that, I have no complaints.

The bathrooms were very nice. Staff came around and cleaned the bathrooms and showers every morning. And the fact that they were both individual, private rooms were very convenient, as I had my service dog with me, so I was able to bring a towel to put on the ground while I showered and I didn’t have to worry about anyone else in the bathroom trying to pet him.

All of the staff was super friendly, but it was a minor inconvenience that the campground store was closed due to COVID, so if you needed ice or firewood, you had to drive up to the gas station that was a few miles out.

I would definitely go back again though!

Quiet area, 0 reception

The area very serene, quiet and pretty. Nice hiking area and swimming area. If you need to get ahold of someone though you'll have to drive 10 to 15 minutes into town.

Awesome location

Camped here for one night. Busy campground but still pretty private. Amenities were a plus if you’re looking to shower. Only bummer was that dogs aren’t allowed to swim in the lake..Not a bad drive from campground to downtown Asheville!

Stunning lakefront campsites with gorgeous mountain views!

Lake Jocassee is knows as the Caribbean of SC for good reason!  This lake is pristine - the blue-green, transparent water is gorgeous and nice and warm in September.

We are tent campers, so we skipped through the RV section and parked in the tent parking lot to go explore the sites.  We were pleased with the first 4 sites that presented themselves to us as we walked - but as we continued exploring - we realized WOW, these sites are phenomenal!!

So a couple things to know:  You will be walking to your campsite.  If you are not thrilled with this idea, pick another park.  It is a walk - but well worth it!  The first few sites are larger than the rest - almost double sites, with more space between you and your neighbors and lots of trees for some privacy.  The lakefront sites are pretty snuggled together - but they are LAKEFRONT!  You can walk from your site - into the lake, by climbing down the rocks.  As you lay in your hammock or tent, you can hear the water lapping on the shore - it is stunning!  If you plan to arrive during daylight and get set up - you'll be fine.  The steps are marked with yellow paint - but seeing in the dark can be challenging!

This park is very busy - and the line to get into the park can be at a standstill for hours.  We came on Sunday afternoon - and the campsites were all booked!  We were very disappointed - but the helpful ladies at the visitor center suggested another campground nearby.  The visitor center also has a very clean bathroom and everything you could have possibly forgotten at home!!  We will surely be back to this campground!