The best GROUP camping near
Hampton , SOUTH CAROLINA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Hampton Camping Reviews
HORRIBLE DO NOT GO!!! WOW

Wow, where to begin….. So I attempted to schedule a horse back riding event for my fiancé' and I for her birthday(thought that it would be cool to take a ride on the beach) I filled out the info online and left the page to double check the distance. When I came back to the page it had already taken payment and the 17 miles away was really 95 miles driving distance. I IMMEDIATLY called OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER again and got NO response or answer! Also, woke up the next morning at 7am to start calling AGAIN. Guess what no answer. Ill put my bottom dollar that if you call this establishment right now that they will NOT answer…. IF YOU CALL and they do answer the phone Ill pay for your next ride(look me up) IF they dont….(DO NOT DO IT!) This was the response that I got….. After calling 20mins after accidently signing up and also the other 20 plus times…..(AGAIN NO CALL BACK they sent me an email AFTER the fact!! bunch of crooks!!)"I will not issue a refund as it clearly states this information on your sign up." OK…. WHY didnt you answer the phone at all or call me back???!?!? I have a nephew who is 8 years old that gets back to people faster… He needs to get a job there and I bet that I could triple your intake overnight just by answering the phone and calling people back… Communication is everything!! they have NONE!! wow. DO NOT GO HERE!! Instead you should totally check out Seabrook Island Equestrian Center. They call you back and also want to earn your business not just take your money.

Great Camp Ground

Family always enjoys this campground! Beautiful spot, historic and the staff is wonderful.

Easy stop over

Easy stop over for a night or two. Right off of I95. Next to a major road, so there is car/truck noise during the day. None of the sites are private, so I wouldn’t call this a “destination” campground. Great if you want to fish and kayak the Edisto River!

The bathrooms are very clean and air conditioned. Sites are all very clean with power, water, picnic table, and fire ring. There are nicely spaced out trees, so if you have a hammock, bring it. Didn’t have mosquito issues, but beware there are a lot of ants and they bite!!

Best sites are 6, 8, and 9. We camped in site 10.

Colleton State Park

We enjoyed this nice quiet state park.

Great stop on our way up or down I95.

Convenient to the interstate, Clean, good size sites, pool, laundry and outdoor activities (walking trail, kayaking, tetherball). We will stay again on our way through. At $55 a night (stayed on a Friday) it’s not the cheapest option.

Wonderful Campground and Park

We camped here back in the spring. Hiked, paddle boated, saw some gators, got some nice photos. Sites were clean, well laid out. It was a fun weekend. Staff was friendly.

A very peaceful campground .

We are currently on our second day of a weekend visit. (July 17-19, 2020) Within 5 minutes of pulling in our granddaughters staying on the lot next to ours spotted an alligator, snake and several turtles in the lake. They were thrilled! Our checking went smoothly and the lots are clean level and complete with good working utilities. This has been a very quiet visit very convenient to I-95. A pool and walking trails keep the children busy and let the older folks just relax.n

Awesome Spot

This private campground has four hookup spots for RVs, as well as tent camping spots. You can reserve an RV space and for $35/night, you get a shaded, grassy spot to park with water and power (the dump station is just down the driveway).

The highlight for us was the ability to ride horses. They provided us with two names of instructors, one of whom graciously squeezed us into her schedule and gave our girls a two-hour riding lesson in their covered arena. They also have trail rides to the beach available.

We don’t have our own horses, but if we did, it seems like this place is set up to accommodate that easily.

There are roadside fruit and veggie stands you pass on the way in that are worth a stop.

Small but beautiful

We stayed at Magnolia Springs over Halloween weekend 2019. The park had several great activities for kids, including trick or treating and a hayride to take the kids from site to site. We were on site 1 (right on the corner) and had a view of the lake across the street.

The playground was nice, bath house well kept and not far from the site, and plenty of area for bike riding (not too many hills for the kids). I preferred a wide open site for this trip (due to trick or treating/ site decorating contest) but several had good shade, privacy, and a closer view of the lake.

The museum is fascinating (it’s locked, you pay entry at the front office and they give you a key).

Family

Very nice met my family over there from suncity they also enjoyed the place, people were very nice .