Brattonsville , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Brattonsville Camping Reviews
Met our needs

Very well taken care of campground. Vault toilet was clean. There are a couple pull-through spots. We were the only campers there. $5 a spot.

Great little getaway

Small Family owned campground. Perfect for a small family getaway for a long weekend. We loved coming here on our long breaks and just escaping from reality and swimming in the beautiful pool!

Very nice, secluded area.

Our first camping, and in December, no less. Few campers, but spacious sites. I collect local fallen tree limbs to burn. Lots of them around! Great hiking trails, but most bike trails closed because of a bridge failure. I would return in an instant.

Better than Thought

Easy access from I26. Spent a week here and really enjoying it. Has 21 spots. All have legal gravel pads, fire rings with grill bars. Vault toilets clean and trash containers serviced. Within good driving distance to larger towns. Access for bigger rigs too. Ranger Bob was here and talked to him. Real nice and informative. 5.00 to me is great for the peace and quiet. Arrived after hunting season, informed was busy then. 4 or 5 come and go.

Happy New Year

This seven day stay was our first at this park. We were impressed with the cleanliness of the park. Even with part of the park under construction, this did not impact our stay.

The bath house was clean. The men's side gave every appearance of being well maintained. The women's side also gave this appearance and was fully functional with plenty of hot water and good pressure.

The gravel roads in the part are well maintained and our camping spot, number 25, was easy to back into.

The negatives about this camp ground could be seen as minor but bear listing. First of all we were given an incorrect gate code for after 6 PM entry. Our camp site was damp when we pulled in and the volume of rain that fell during our stay caused a small river to run through the site. Even two days after the rain, the hookup side of the site was mostly under puddles of water.

Mellow.

We’ve stayed here two months and enjoyed it. They have an open area in a field and then a few sites more spread out with some trees scattered around. We got one of the spread out sites and quite liked our spot. The vibe is residential/family oriented. The park staff are friendly. Hookups are functional. Our spot provided enough area to let our dog have a good amount of space on the lead. Nice fire pit on our site as well. The only bathrooms and the laundry facilities are in the main office which can be a bit of a walk depending on where you are in the park. We have a bike so we enjoyed zipping around on that when we needed to get around the park. There’s a dog park that we used a lot and also there are a bunch of trails behind the campground. I don’t think a lot of people knew the scope of how extensive the trail system was - but it was really pretty back there and we explored and found a lot of beautiful little places back there. Check out the trails for sure. All in all a nice place. Felt safe. Felt reserved.

Basic Parking Lot Campground

We stayed here on our way North to head home. It's in a decent location, the sites are level with full hook ups. The nighttime noise was bothersome, not sure where it was coming from, likely outside the campground. We didn't do the amusement park because of Covid and being almost below freezing. Maybe if we had, it would have been more appealing?

Dangerous Camp Site

We’re new campers. We’ve only visited state parks so far. This was our first KOA stay. This place was clean and the owners are constantly working and really nice. They showed us to our campsite and brought firewood to our site when we bought it in the store. They had a cute little general store and a play set for the littles. There is a pool for warmer weather. I only gave this campground two stars because of the location of our site. I camp with my two small children and the location of this site was simply unacceptable. Even if I was alone with my husband, I would have been terrified of this site. It was SO CLOSE to a main highway that I could reach out the back window and touch it with a broom! There were no trees or anything between our site and the road. There was no guard rail. If a car ran off the road, it would hit our camper. I didn’t sleep the whole time and wanted to leave early. Interior sites were okay. We won’t go back.

Loud drunk neighbors!

If you happen to have loud drunk neighbors, who party until 3:30 am, the hosts will not tell them to be quiet. Someone did call the sheriff, but no one came until 10 am the next morning. They woke the drunks up to tell them to be quiet, but they were allowed to stay in the park. I give it 2 stars because this is a beautiful park.

Busy this time of year

This time of year (hunting season) was full of bigger rigs and generators. The few spots that weren’t taken when we first got here eventually got scooped up by about 20 Boy Scouts. To say the least this campground was loud and crowded with not much to see or do. $5 for the night with a pay box but I never saw any rangers coming through to check. Toilets were clean but no water source Every campsite did have its own fire ring and picnic table.