Abbeville , SOUTH CAROLINA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Abbeville Camping Reviews
Dangerous Camp Site

We’re new campers. We’ve only visited state parks so far. This was our first KOA stay. This place was clean and the owners are constantly working and really nice. They showed us to our campsite and brought firewood to our site when we bought it in the store. They had a cute little general store and a play set for the littles. There is a pool for warmer weather. I only gave this campground two stars because of the location of our site. I camp with my two small children and the location of this site was simply unacceptable. Even if I was alone with my husband, I would have been terrified of this site. It was SO CLOSE to a main highway that I could reach out the back window and touch it with a broom! There were no trees or anything between our site and the road. There was no guard rail. If a car ran off the road, it would hit our camper. I didn’t sleep the whole time and wanted to leave early. Interior sites were okay. We won’t go back.

Easy but basic.

This is a farm and outdoor event center with a 140 acre field you can camp in.

Very well maintained. We came here on Thanksgiving weekend because all other campgrounds were full. We were the only people here.

The event area, when open could be busy and noisy during the day, but is was very quiet and peaceful.

There are no defined campsites we could see. Just a giant field to set up and camp. There is no water or any hookups. You will need to pack in and pack out everything.

Very close to I-85 and easy to get to. Feels very safe. A little highway noise, but not bad.

Busy this time of year

This time of year (hunting season) was full of bigger rigs and generators. The few spots that weren’t taken when we first got here eventually got scooped up by about 20 Boy Scouts. To say the least this campground was loud and crowded with not much to see or do. $5 for the night with a pay box but I never saw any rangers coming through to check. Toilets were clean but no water source Every campsite did have its own fire ring and picnic table.

Great stop if you’re looking for amenities

Stayed for one night, the tent sights were flooded so they put us in an RV spot. The fire pit was clean and ready for use. The bathrooms were spotless, you could eat in there if you’re into that sort of thing. Over all nice places

Great location, close to Greenville SC

This place was large but we really struggled finding a place to stay once we got in the park, cars were parking so close to road it was hard to pull our rig through some areas. Concrete always also caving in leaving ditches that dropped off several feet… I would not stay here again unless I only wanted to use the sit to get in and out of Greenville. Nearly every good site by the amenities and playgrounds in this place was taken by annuals… If you are headed to Greenville visit the the Parks Fall on the Reedy, and the Greenville Zoo…

Great Experience!

This was so cool! It’s a primitive, tucked in the woods spot on the lake. The camp sites are wonderfully spaced out. We stayed in sites you had to park and walk to, but the walk was very short. Be prepared- bring lanterns to navigate the dark forest. Also, be prepared to see people walking the trail next to the camp sites during the day. This was a great spot for a little weekend trip! Great fishing, beautiful view, and an exciting experience!

Great Views

Recently stay at Lake Hartwell State Park and had a great time. Some of the sites are pretty close together, but we stayed at site 54 and our friends were at site 52. Both sites had nice tree cover and great views of the lake with plenty of space, close to the bath house. Lost power to our site during our stay, but the staff was quick to come out and fix the problem. It was very busy while we were there, but didn’t seem overly noisy. Definitely looking forward to going back.

Sites have great size

This is a beautiful place, with great sites, that have a good space between each other, this way you can have some privacy!

Pioneer camping

Pioneer campsite 1 is very nice.

As stated by another reviewer, if rain is in the forecast, probably would not want to stay.

Large site with fire pit and picnic table. Table is chained to a tree. No tent pad, you can pick where you want to sleep. There are lots of trees for hammocks. And you are right on the water. Rocks shoals right off the site.

The site is down a path from a parking area. There is a water faucet about 1/4 way down the trail.

Phone service with ATT and Sprint/T-Mobile is non existent at the campsite. 200 yards uphill at bathhouse service is available.

Very private site.
Will reserve again.

Beautiful waterfront and tent camping sites.

Really no bad spots here! So many amazing spaces.