the dyrt
Abbeville, SOUTH CAROLINA
Most Recent Abbeville Camping Reviews
September Camper

I've been here twice and enjoyed both my stays. The bathrooms are clean. The sites are clean. The hosts are very friendly. It's quiet during the week. On the weekends it can be a little noisy but not a bad noisy. Mainly kids squealing laughing and just being kids. I would definitely recommend camping here.

Great campground!

Nice roomy sites with plenty of space between. Picnic tables, grills and fire rings at each campsite. Bathrooms aren’t bad. Friendly caretakers. Pets allowed. Playground and beaches. Fish cleaning station. Boat ramp. Dump station.

Family campout

Awesome beach area, great playground for kids. Kayak & paddleboard rentals. Decent pricing for campsites

Spring campout

Very clean facility, awesome cope course

Scout camp ground

We have camped here once so I have not seen the whole park. Be the group Primitive area is great on the left side of the area. The right side has been over used and the ground has washed and the only place to Pitch a tent is on camping pads that are on the small size for a large groups. But all in all the park is well Kept and Bathhouse well Maintain. The park is Very beautiful. Great for large groups.

Great camp ground

This park has a great group camp sites. We have taken are cub scouts and Boy Scout troop here many times. The RV camp ground has too side a larger side which is newer and an older side. The older of the RV camp site is a little Tight but can 1 get a 40ft trailer in with no problem. The new side has Plenty of room for large RV. Bath houses are clean and well Maintain. Staff is great to work with. Bring your fishing rod Plenty of fishing. There is also a great swimming area and playgrounds.

Great place to take scouts and RV camp

I have been here two times. First time with scout troop and then RV camping. The group camping area is Huge and has its own picnic shelters and bath rooms . The Rv sites were clean and well Maintain. The park is beautiful and very large. You feel like you are in A secluded area not like some parks right up on top of each other. Staff is Amazing and very helpful. I definitely will be back.

Clean, friendly and quiet.

Great hiking trails. Beautiful covered bridge.

alright

its a good place to stay for a few days a lot to see and beautiful views.

Would be better with more lake

Mistletoe State Park is just outside of Augusta, GA. It’s on Lake Strom Thurmond, which is good for fishing and boating. The campground was nice, with level sites, and clean showers and bathrooms. When we were there the lake was very low, so the water activity was limited. It is close enough to Augusta for dining and shopping if you need that.

Beautiful & quiet

Most every site is on the water and a big discount for seniors with a Golden Eagle National Park Pass.

Waterfront

Great lakeside camping. Very clean, very quiet.

Nearby equestrian trails

It is a very family friendly site that is always a favorite. The lake isn’t the cleanest but it’s great for boating, kayaking, and paddle boarding. The biggest plus for me is that it is a short distance from Fants Grove and T Ed Garrison arena. During rodeos held at the Garrison arena we often take breaks to Fants Grove for the wonderful horse friendly trails on Lake Hartwell. As far as I know no facility offers over night horse boarding at this site which is a shame.

Great hiking

This was our last stop of our family vacation to SC. We were TIRED, but knew we wanted to finish out our trip camping and not go to a hotel! The stay here was great, but short. We stayed here 2 nights before heading back home. It was pretty quite because we stayed here at the end of June on a Monday and Tuesday. We definitely beat the weekend hustle and bustle of the summer. We really enjoyed getting up in the morning and going hiking, and enjoying nature. The campground had a perfect nature trail that was about 6 miles roundtrip. This was great to stretch our legs before heading back on the road for 10 hours of driving and being in a car. The weather couldnt have been anymore perfect for our last stay here. The campground was small, but the campsite spaces were a decent size. Porta-potty style bathroom so the smell was bad. Did some biking as well on the nature trail. It was all in all a great stay!

Paradise in N Georgia

Lowing the away from it all atmosphere of Wildlife, peace and quiet and water. This is your campground.

Dever fishing, nature all in one relaxing place.

Recent upgrades of the loops make parking your RV a breeze.

Lowing this campground and the surrounding town of Lavonia!

Lots of trees and trails. Beach, playground and great boat launches.

Great spot

My family and I really enjoyed our stay here. We did go late spring, so it was a bit chilly at night. We decided to tent camp instead of bringing our RV. Honestly, this time of year I really wish we would have brought the RV. I didn't really sleep well because it was 1. cold and 2. it is close to the highway so we could hear cars and trucks driving by at night. Maybe we just picked the wrong campsite. I would advise you to pick a campsite that is the farthest away from the road. The campground is very easy to find, and the road is well maintained. The people at the check in station were very nice and helpful. Due to a change in campsite when we arrived, they actually gave us a discount so it was cheaper than normal. They also gave us some of the best recommendations for hikes nearby. We really enjoyed getting good feedback from them. We did look online beforehand for hikes, but it was nice to get someone else's opinion. The hiking was awesome! We went early in the morning to beat any sort of hiking rush. We enjoyed being on the top of the mountain by ourselves, sipping coffee and hot chocolate. The leaves and trees were beautiful, changing back to green and getting ready for the summertime. Beautiful flowers were blooming, and I couldn't stop taking pictures! The campground was good as well, although the spots were a bit small- however each campsite was divided by shrubs and trees so you didn't feel like you were right on top of your neighbor. Also, because we went in the spring we didn't think it was very busy. I am sure it is crazy busy during the summer because of all the wonderful hikes nearby. I would like to visit this place again in the summer!

Great views

Enjoyed our site. Camped next to relatives and had the perfect swimming area between us. Planned on fishing but never got around to it since we spent most of our time inthe water. Bathrooms were veryclean and staff at office very friendly.

Quiet spot and a simple campsite

Bussey Point is primarily for equestrians. The campsites have pre-installed horse hitches and plenty of room to move a horse trailer. The sites have a picnic table and a fire pit. The campground has a well for water and an open pit latrine. There's no power which is perfect for camping off grid away from all the trailers.

The campsites are right on the water and the view is beautiful. Over the weekend I was the only one here and the only person I spoke to was the volunteer Camp Ranger from the US Army Corps of Engineers.

There is a 12-mile horse trail that goes out on the peninsula and some pack-in or canoe-in campsites out on the peninsula.

Fee per night is on an honor system at $10. I have no complaints about this campsite only about the other campers that leave their trash behind.

I recommend this campground if you're looking to get away from all the people especially the crowds at the more popular campsites at the state parks, and if you're fine with more primitive camping that doesn't involve daily showers.

Family favorite

Campground on Keowee lake that my family has been routinely going to since before I was born. Very clean grounds and facilities plus the lake is fairly clean.

pictures will be coming soon

My go to lake

As avid boaters, kayakers, and paddle boarders my family spends a lot of time at Hartwell. It’s a large lake located right on Clemson University, you can see the football stadium from the water and there is many great restaurants and bars on the water that are worth the trip alone. My only complaint about Hartwell is that the water is poor quality compared to other local lakes, especially near the Clemson side of things. But this doesn’t stop us from enjoying the lake and campground.

Best campground in South Carolina!

I love this campground!! A lot of the campgrounds I have been to can't accommodate my large tent and still leave space. This one can. The sites are large and flat. They are spaced enough apart for privacy and have tons of wooded area for hammocks and such. Most are lake front to beautiful Lake Russell. Campsite 21 had easy lakefront access for swimming or kayaks or even putting our paddleboat in. The campground also consists of a camp store, a basketball court, and a tennis court. A local company we deliver golf carts and water sports equipment right to your site for very reasonable prices. All the rv/tent sites are equipped with clean water and power. From sites 19-24 you can see both the sunrise and the sunset over the lake.

First time staying at Wildwood

We are Columbia County residents who have been camping for years, but this is the first time at Wildwood, which is a Columbia County Park. We stayed on site 15 across from the boat ramps. Nice swim area, one bath house, good price. Campsites on this loop have dirt road, sites are fairly level. Not quite as big and level as local USACOE campgrounds. Park has great boating access. Quiet cove area. Water, power (50&30 amp). Access road to campsites is about a mile long. Walking to other areas of the campground was a hike of several miles. Free WiFi available. Enjoyed our stay!

This is a great USACOE campground on Clark Hill Lake

90+ sites with water, 50/30 amp electric, a dozen or so primitive sites. Most have access to water and if the lake level is good, there is usually some beach area at most sites where you can swim, tie off a boat. We love it here and have been coming for Memorial Day and Labor Day for 25 years. Reservations are easy through Reserveusa.gov. Sites are all hard compact dirt/gravel but most are very level. Gate is locked each evening at 10:00 with a combination lock code provided to you for access. Very safe and secure. Just a couple of miles from Clark Hill Dam which has a nice visitor’s center. About 20 minutes north of Augusta suburbs of Martinez and Evans.

Paradise

This gem is on Georgia South Carolina line and off the beaten path.

Your will feel like you hit pay dirt here.

The park has a great feel and welcoming feel, excellent boat ramps and easy access. The campsites are spacious and comfortable size with alot of trees and nature.

Fishing, canoes, boating, swimming and relaxation abound.

Verythromycin friendly staff helpful Hosts and clean park and ammenities.

Close to Helen, Dahlonega and Commerce.

The lake and beach is awesome. Beautiful all year.

Play grounds and trails as well as tennis courts. Also there are playgrounds and equipment to enjoy. Firepit's and easy access to dump station area.

Great time

camp sites are nice with lots of room between other sites. can be reserved 11 months out. good fishing and swiming. prepare your site for ants they will get into everything if not.

amazing scenery

most campsites have views of the lake and access directly to the stoney beaches. Lots of mature trees make shade an easily accessible feature. Water, power and cable at the sites with grey water dumps very numerous.

Love it. We go every 1st full week in April. Met some great friends there.

Spots are a little tight but never had a problem with anything. Looking forward to April. Good fishing and boating.

Great Time!!!!!

All sites but three were pull through with three primitive sites. Bathhouse was clean. Trails were pleasant and the bridge and falls were awesome. Main campground closes for 3 months but the equestion side stays open. make sure you are coming into park for the correct campground since campers cant go across bridge.

Love!

Wow, Oconee Point in South Carolina is one of my favorite camping spots for me. I absolutely love this place, and have been coming here ever since I was little. This place holds such a special place in my heart. Hartwell Lake is gorgeous!! When we come and stay here, I spend most of my day here on the lake. I love to kayak and canoe on the lake. More times than not I am up and going at around 6:30am, and I start my day on the lake. It is so peaceful and quite in the mornings, I love it!! Another thing I love about this campground is that the campsite are very large. In the summer months this campground is very busy- so the large campsites makes you feel like it isn't AS busy. There is enough room between each campsite that you don't feel like you are intruding on another campsite! The campground is also very clean, and there are some rangers and attendants available which is also really helpful. We have asked the rangers in the past about hikes around the area. They have definitely been extremely helpful and have pointed us in the right direction. There are some really great hikes nearby that range from easy to difficult. I would suggest doing research ahead of time, or asking one of the attendants about the hikes in the area. Just so you do a hike that fits your needs. I don't remember what campsites we have stayed at, but we try and get as close to the water as possible. This just makes for a beautiful view, and easy to get our water activities in the lake. I would definitely suggest bringing any water toys you have. Again, I love kayaking/canoeing but we always see people in the lake with floaties or in tubes. I would suggest brining bug spray too- the mosquitoes are always annoying!

Georgia’s Hidden Gem!

Until this weekend, Hard Labor Creek State Park was our favorite GA campground! Sorry HLC, you’ve been bumped to #2 (still great)!

Victoria Bryant is hidden on Hwy 327, near Royston and, although a small campground, almost EVERY SITE IS PERFECT!

The park offers bicycle rentals, a swimming pool, plenty of picnic areas, multiple spots to play in the creek and some great hiking trails!

The campsites are HUGE and there are several extra amenities for campers to use! There’s a volleyball court, horseshoe pits, picnic pavilion and a central fire pit!

The park staff is great and the camp hosts are helpful! When we first arrived and began to set up, there was an electrical issue at our site but the park maintenance man had it resolved quickly!

The sites do not offer full hookups but there are multiple gray water dump sites in the campground (we used a five gallon bucket for our outdoor sink). We walked across the road from our site and dumped our bucket!

The park has the usual stuff to purchase (ice, firewood, etc.) but you can also head to Hartwell and hit the local Wally World if need be.

If you're camping in a tent, the tent sites are AMAZING! (see attached image) We've never seen these shelters before! You can even hang your hammock(s) underneath the shelter for a true outdoor camping experience!

We enjoyed every minute of our stay here, from the time we arrived to the time we left!

One more thing; if you're a golfer, there is a BEAUTIFUL golf course here as well!

We camped in our pop up but we'll probably be back to try out the tent shelters!!

FYI: Verizon Wireless has full 4G LTE service in the campground…we brought our MiFi Jetpack and streamed Netflix with zero issues!