The best DRIVE IN camping near
Tide , PENNSYLVANIA

Most Recent Tide Camping Reviews
Beautiful Views and People

Stayed here for about a month. This place was great. You are on top of a mountain with great views. The spots are well spaced out and it is family owned. The family is always out making improvements, talking with the campers, and putting on events. This park is very clean and well maintained.

The hardest part is finding it. The roads get narrow so if in an RV call them for the easiest way in. If you are Overlanding like us just follow the map. Great scenic routes and close to the spot you want to see in Pittsburgh.

Nice stop on your way somewhere

Very nice folks when you check in and large general store/laundry facility. It is a great launching pad if you would like to do things in the area. The campground hosted a gigantic bonfire the night we were there which was a sight! The sites are pretty close together and we couldn’t use our fire ring because it ended up being very close to our rig. Luckily we camped with friends who had more space in their spot (the end spot near the lake has to be the best spot in the place). I couldn’t get it level with my Anderson levelers it was pretty slopped. On my way out I heard they were having someone come in to level the sites so I imagine it was just the time of year we visited.

I would go back

I would go back. Our site was secluded and protected from other sites. We were very close to the state park and all activities there.

An Oasis off the Interstate

A very nice campground that I'll go back to if I'm ever in the area. I could get around with my huge fifth wheel but it was still very thickly treed the way I like them. I couldn't get my trailer level on the site so that was a problem but one that a smaller trailer might not have. Lots of noise off the PA Turnpike but what do you expect when it's right off the interstate. This is a great waystation.

An Oasis off the Interstate

A very nice campground that I'll go back to if I'm ever in the area. I could get around with my huge fifth wheel but it was still very thickly treed the way I like them. Lots of noise off the PA Turnpike but what do you expect when it's right off the interstate. This is a great waystation.

Fantastic Family Campground

Went camping here for the first time this weekend. Although it was the off season there was still tons to do. The kids played mini golf, jumped on the pillow, played on multiple playgrounds, enjoyed ice cream and went fishing. Can’t wait to come back in the summer.

Amazing Service, Amazing Views, and So Close to Pittsburgh!

We recently stayed at this campsite with our 3 very young kids and dog. What amazing views from this location! It actually does really sit at the mountain top and gives you pretty good views of the valleys and surrounding areas from any of the rim campsites. Fall was in full effect and it was AMAZINGLY beautiful!! I will also say, the host Gary and his family, who live in a cabin house right on property, are PHENOMENAL hosts! They will pretty much help you with ANYTHING you need at any time! They called me and texted me in advance to remind me us of our reservation and also to find out if we were coming in late! We arrived at 9 PM, and sure enough he was there ready with his little ranger golf cart to escort us to our site!

The ONLY downsides at this site (which are really not downsides for anyone else without kids) are:

1. There is no playground or activities for children. I understand they have blue grass bands that come and play in the warmer weather and a large campsite fire, but since we were there at the beginning of Fall weather, there weren't any scheduled bands or fires. They do however have a very very large open field right smack dab in the middle of the campground for any kind of activities you can come up with if you brought those activities with you (i.e. soccer, kite flying, baseball, etc..)

2. There are no full-hookup sites…..yet! They are currently working on having full-hookup sites throughout the campsite. In the meantime, and ONLY if you stay for a week, they give you the option of having a mobile pump-out come to your rig to pump you out for and additional $30 only on Wednesdays. We stayed for a week and left on a Wednesday, so we chose to drive to the dump station on our way out (100 yards away from our site) and save the $30. **Side note: the dump station has a fixed dump hose that all you have to do is pull up and connect to it. They also have a water hose with a sprayer if needed to wash anything down, or even to disconnect the sprayer and hook the hose up to your black tank flush if you have one.

They do provide all other hookups for free that are found at each campsite (i.e fresh water hose for city water, 30 amp cable already connected to the pedestal, and **grey water hookup so you don't have to unpack and use your own!) **Since they sit atop the mountain, the grey water hookup is a long hose that has an adapter which hooks up to your black and grey tank outlet and it runs down the hillside of the mountain into the grassy area. This means that unless you are a very active user of the commode (or have 3 kids like us), your black tank should not need to be flushed for 1-2 weeks at a time! Otherwise, you can use your shower and faucets as if you were connected to a full hook-up site! Pretty neat!**

All in all, the sites are pretty spread out and spacious, so you have pretty decent privacy ( if you keep your shades down!). We will be definitely be going back any time we are looking to go to Pittsburgh area for some fun. This place was great!

Very Quite Campground

We stayed here with a group and had plenty of space in the grassed tent area. There was a fire ring per site and we felt very private. The swimming pool was great. The amenities are Basic but functional. Not a busy campground, only one other tent the weekend we were there. A number of permanent Trailers. Close to the highway so expect some noise.

Small Shaded Park

Kooser State Park is a small campground nestled in the Laurel Highlands, close to Hidden Valley and Seven Springs ski resorts. The park has great amenities just a short walk from all sites. All sites have fire rings, with grills, however note they are double walled so do not expel a lot of heat outward. Great for cooking however.

Most sites are not level, but very grassy. Firewood is available at the entrance for$5 bundle supporting a local club. A beautiful walk through the park leads you to the Kooser Lake, great for fishing. It is also close to the Laurel Hill State Park which is great for hiking and water activities. The park is close to the road so you will experience some road noise.

The park is 15min from Somerset. No phone reception at this one! They welcome all furry friends!

Awesome

Awesome owners,quiet place to relax. Tent site was nice and conveniently located next to the bathhouse